| CURRENT EVENTS "The Wall." This isn't a Pink Floyd thread, although that would be better, but this is about the border wall.

TerryP

Staff
This came floating through the offices last night. There were several conversations; most I just lurked around to see what people were saying. I didn't catch anyone mention the truth of the matter.

At the San Ysidro-Mexico crossing, Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) was trying to “highlight a different story” on “what’s going on here between Mexico and the United States and the economic vibrancy that is demonstrable here at the border” in a video he posted to Twitter.
“American citizens going into Mexico, Mexican citizens coming into California, legally on a daily basis,” he said.
“It is a very different story than the one you’re hearing out of Washington, D.C,” Newsom added, trying to prove there is no national emergency at the southern border.

Are you wondering why I found this worth mentioning? I've got two reasons...well, one and a half.

One: There already is a wall at the San Ysidro-Mexico crossing. But, never mind that.
One and a half: They're already building a second wall.

Fake News? No. Misleading the American public? Most definitely.

This came floating through the offices last night. There were several conversations; most I just lurked around to see what people were saying. I didn't catch anyone mention the truth of the matter.

At the San Ysidro-Mexico crossing, Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) was trying to “highlight a different story” on “what’s going on here between Mexico and the United States and the economic vibrancy that is demonstrable here at the border” in a video he posted to Twitter.
“American citizens going into Mexico, Mexican citizens coming into California, legally on a daily basis,” he said.
“It is a very different story than the one you’re hearing out of Washington, D.C,” Newsom added, trying to prove there is no national emergency at the southern border.

Are you wondering why I found this worth mentioning? I've got two reasons...well, one and a half.

One: There already is a wall at the San Ysidro-Mexico crossing. But, never mind that.
One and a half: They're already building a second wall.

Fake News? No. Misleading the American public? Most definitely.

Akin to Abilio Acosta live on the El Paso border saying there's "no crisis'...

While standing right next to the wall that prevents any "crisis" in that area.

There's one entertaining character...can I just leave it at that?
Look up John Ward on Youtube and thank me later.

Dude is a fast, witty, intelligent, hilarious news analyst. He's also a bit of a comedic rapper. Lol.

Ya know what? As I type, I'm thinking "eff it. I'll just link one..."

This is part 1 in a 3 part series that he did on Abilio, with part 3 covering his stunt at the El Paso wall I mentioned earlier.

I suspected you might have understood the original "Abilio" reference. Lol.
I'm a dichotomy of sorts.

I can't abide stupidity in real life but good lord I do find it endlessly entertaining to watch from afar. Let me tell ya...having worked with journalist for years now I'm constantly amazed how a lot can be so self aggrandizing and self conscious simultaneously.

Back
Top Bottom