| CURRENT EVENTS The Border Bill. I've got what I think is a simple question. Thoughts?

TerryP

Staff
There are several different aspects of the proposed bill I don't like. If I were sitting in Washington, I'd have voted against the bill. No second thoughts.

There is one thing about that proposal that just doesn't make sense to me given what we've been told.

One of the components of the bill is they would stop border crossings, every day, when they reach the 5000 limit. If I understand this correctly, #4999 and #5000 can get in, but #5001 is stopped (until tomorrow.)

If they have the ability to stop at 5000 doesn't that mean they have the ability to stop at 1?

Wasn’t a great bill, but it was at least something that was bipartisan, but everybody knew it wasn’t going to pass, Lord Velveeta doesn’t want anything that could be perceived to help Biden (his own words).

If you pass a bill it takes away a political yapping point, so I don’t see a bill being passed at all of any kind

Texas has failed the “Don’t mess with Texas” test.. The 2nd amendment solution was the only real solution.. The people should’ve formed a militia..The sheriffs should’ve formed large posies..Neither happened, so the Gubbermint is not scared at all

He (Trump) said it out loud that he doesn’t want repubs doing anything that helps Biden
Okay.

If it's a bad bill, and Trump encouraged Republicans not to support the efforts the Biden administration is currently endorsing, how is this a bad thing?

If there was a single line bill with money earmarked for border protection and security, do you believe that the Republican party, and those who support Trump, would stand against that bill?

While immigration is on the forefront of everyone's mind in this discussion; its core lies with Ukraine. In my view, and it is also my "stance," the message is don't support the bill because it's not intended to strengthen the border: that's merely a side for more funding overseas: both Ukraine and the Gaza conflict.

Eerily, much like the "Inflation Reduction Act" lauded as the greatest measure for fighting climate change.

Side note ... just a bit of political trivia.

If they took the amount of money they sent to Ukraine, and kept it here, they could have repaired the water system in Flint, MI over 200X...I think the exact number is 216 times.

And now we're beginning to hear the Administration was flying illegal immigrants into the states, over border security so the numbers were not counted, and secretly dropping them off all over the nation.

And the opponent to the current administration says, "don't support anything this administration is doing right now."

I don't understand where the issue lies.

Okay.

If it's a bad bill, and Trump encouraged Republicans not to support the efforts the Biden administration is currently endorsing, how is this a bad thing?

If there was a single line bill with money earmarked for border protection and security, do you believe that the Republican party, and those who support Trump, would stand against that bill?

While immigration is on the forefront of everyone's mind in this discussion; its core lies with Ukraine. In my view, and it is also my "stance," the message is don't support the bill because it's not intended to strengthen the border: that's merely a side for more funding overseas: both Ukraine and the Gaza conflict.

Eerily, much like the "Inflation Reduction Act" lauded as the greatest measure for fighting climate change.

Side note ... just a bit of political trivia.

If they took the amount of money they sent to Ukraine, and kept it here, they could have repaired the water system in Flint, MI over 200X...I think the exact number is 216 times.

And now we're beginning to hear the Administration was flying illegal immigrants into the states, over border security so the numbers were not counted, and secretly dropping them off all over the nation.

And the opponent to the current administration says, "don't support anything this administration is doing right now."

I don't understand where the issue lies.
Trump told them not to support it because it helps Biden, not because it was a “bad bill” or anything of the sort. So, to answer your question “if it was a single line bill for border protection and security would Repubs and those who support Trump stand against it”? Yes, they in fact do, they stood against it because he told them not to support it because it helps Biden plain and simple.

The bill in fact was intended to strengthen the border, read the damn thing. That’s also why on the day both of those dumbshits were at the border during his speech Biden said for Trump to come together with him on a border bill and since then Trump has declined why is that? Because any kind of border bill helps Biden plain and simple. The right has zero interest in a border bill unless it’s with a repub president.

Of course you don’t see where the issue lies, none of you on the right do….I wouldn’t expect you to

Trump told them not to support it because it helps Biden, not because it was a “bad bill” or anything of the sort. So, to answer your question “if it was a single line bill for border protection and security would Repubs and those who support Trump stand against it”? Yes, they in fact do, they stood against it because he told them not to support it because it helps Biden plain and simple.
The Huffington Post, as one example said "sources" said Trump was pressuring Republicans.

The Washington Post quotes Trump saying, "Please blame me."

And now it's Trump said? I've yet to see that quote from Trump. Can you link it for me?

Now, there hasn't been a single line bill introduced so how can you say they've been told not to support that type of bill?
The bill in fact was intended to strengthen the border, read the damn thing. That’s also why on the day both of those dumbshits were at the border during his speech Biden said for Trump to come together with him on a border bill and since then Trump has declined why is that? Because any kind of border bill helps Biden plain and simple. The right has zero interest in a border bill unless it’s with a repub president.
OK. Don't give me this "read the bill" line. I know you haven't. Neither have I. We both know what it entails.

The bill doesn't solve the problem. It allows it to continue; fettered, but nonetheless continue. It's framed under unrealistic terms: "we'll cap it off at 5000" a day. The bill is also another case of "throw money at a problem" and let's see if it will work. And, like any other case in history, these agencies will not be able to manage the funds. The asylum aspect to millions of unvetted people will has already bring brought problems.

Considering this situation was created by the administration, and considering that the administration said it wasn't a problem for years, and now they need Congress to pass a bill? Why should anyone trust the administration? They allowed this to happen.

I've already explained to you why I, Trump, those that support Trump, and other Republicans don't support this bill. It's because of all the money for foreign aid that is attached. The administration is asking a group of people, that don't support the funding of Ukraine, to fund Ukraine under the guise of it being a border bill. And then, saying "they don't support the border bill."

This has been repeated.

Of course you don’t see where the issue lies, none of you on the right do….I wouldn’t expect you to
A little ironic, wouldn't you say?

Several on this site have said over the last few years that the issue on the border is the policy. We've discussed it when we have talked about Fentanyl, crime, and now immigration.

Do you understand where the issue lies with those against the bill?

All of this is probably a mute point if the dems "lord and savior" biden and his "cult followers" didn't want to and succeed in getting rid of Trump's border policies. Maybe "lord velveeta" knew all along that wide open borders and sanctuary cities were bad ideas and that it was not a racist decision.

All of this is probably a moot point if the dems "lord and savior" biden and his "cult followers" didn't want to and succeed in getting rid of Trump's border policies. Maybe "lord velveeta" knew all along that wide open borders and sanctuary cities were bad ideas and that it was not a racist decision.
You saying Biden voters are cult followers is absolutely rich 🤣

Lord Velveeta doesn’t know anything about the border other than he doesn’t like non Americans, you can call it whatever you want

The Huffington Post, as one example said "sources" said Trump was pressuring Republicans.

The Washington Post quotes Trump saying, "Please blame me."

And now it's Trump said? I've yet to see that quote from Trump. Can you link it for me?

Now, there hasn't been a single line bill introduced so how can you say they've been told not to support that type of bill?

OK. Don't give me this "read the bill" line. I know you haven't. Neither have I. We both know what it entails.

The bill doesn't solve the problem. It allows it to continue; fettered, but nonetheless continue. It's framed under unrealistic terms: "we'll cap it off at 5000" a day. The bill is also another case of "throw money at a problem" and let's see if it will work. And, like any other case in history, these agencies will not be able to manage the funds. The asylum aspect to millions of unvetted people will has already bring brought problems.

Considering this situation was created by the administration, and considering that the administration said it wasn't a problem for years, and now they need Congress to pass a bill? Why should anyone trust the administration? They allowed this to happen.

I've already explained to you why I, Trump, those that support Trump, and other Republicans don't support this bill. It's because of all the money for foreign aid that is attached. The administration is asking a group of people, that don't support the funding of Ukraine, to fund Ukraine under the guise of it being a border bill. And then, saying "they don't support the border bill."

This has been repeated.

A little ironic, wouldn't you say?

Several on this site have said over the last few years that the issue on the border is the policy. We've discussed it when we have talked about Fentanyl, crime, and now immigration.

Do you understand where the issue lies with those against the bill?
“The bill doesn’t solve the problem”, “I haven’t read the bill”…..wonder where you got that talking point?

The people on your side don’t support because? Trump sucks Putin’s dick and that can’t be argued.

Do I understand where the issue lies with those against this bill? Yes I sure do, their cult leader told them not to support it

Back
Top Bottom