| CURRENT EVENTS The Presidential Race: The Debacle. Err, debate.

Of all the things to use taxes for I don’t see how this is an issue”
That's a valid observation considering how much spending we see on things that aren't important.
Yeah, I’m of the opinion every kid should have or get free breakfast and lunch.
Eat healthy? Yes. Most definitely.

Every kid should eat free? Hell no.

Why should I pay for a kids meal when their parents can afford that meal, but they are too damn lazy to get up and feed their own kid? I'm supposed to pay for someone pawing their kid off to the schools to eat?

IF there is a need. HELL YES! Otherwise, they need to pay their own damn way! I find no logical or sane reason why I should have to pay for something another adult chooses to abscond upon.

That's a valid observation considering how much spending we see on things that aren't important.

Eat healthy? Yes. Most definitely.

Every kid should eat free? Hell no.

Why should I pay for a kids meal when their parents can afford that meal, but they are too damn lazy to get up and feed their own kid? I'm supposed to pay for someone pawing their kid off to the schools to eat?

IF there is a need. HELL YES! Otherwise, they need to pay their own damn way! I find no logical or sane reason why I should have to pay for something another adult chooses to abscond upon.
When I say every kid I’m meaning the ones that need it. Let’s take Wyoming- these morons don’t believe that, so they’ve not supported any bills that give free breakfast and lunches, so at the end of the year the parents have to find a way to pay the bill or the kid has to go without eating, that isn’t right.

The kid shouldn’t pay for the stupidity of their parents, an adult absconding on something isn’t the kids’ fault, so you make it where they can eat

The kid shouldn’t pay for the stupidity of their parents, an adult absconding on something isn’t the kids’ fault, so you make it where they can eat
Agreed. But neither should I.

I think it's fair to consider looking at this through the same lenses as FAFSA.

I try to look at this in a black and white scenario: there is no gray area.

I have a problem with the above scenario (not needed, but taking advantage of a free meal) versus the teachers in those schools spending their own money for rudimentary supplies.

I don't think I'm terribly mistaken in thinking the money spent feeding "Preston" every week could have put paper and pencil in front of an entire class for a semester. Okay, maybe Preston and Genevieve ... betting you are getting my thoughts here.

I have a problem with the above scenario (not needed, but taking advantage of a free meal) versus the teachers in those schools spending their own money for rudimentary supplies.

I don't think I'm terribly mistaken in thinking the money spent feeding "Preston" every week could have put paper and pencil in front of an entire class for a semester. Okay, maybe Preston and Genevieve ... betting you are getting my thoughts here.
There should be money for both, there shouldn’t be a choice to have to make here. Every kid eating breakfast and lunch and school supplies being provided

There should be money for both, there shouldn’t be a choice to have to make here. Every kid eating breakfast and lunch and school supplies being provided
There isn’t a “both.” Taxpayer dollars are going to a hundred/thousand different things and the Democrats want to spend more. I have no issue with food programs, but other funding needs to end.

Sound like a Libertarian. :devilish:

There isn’t a “both.” Taxpayer dollars are going to a hundred/thousand different things and the Democrats want to spend more. I have no issue with food programs, but other funding needs to end.
There is a both, you cut from other programs, plain and simple.

“Democrats want to spend more”- think it’s safe to say both parties spend outrageously

Back
Top Bottom