| CURRENT EVENTS The Presidential Race: The Debacle. Err, debate.

Just add it to the list of new taxes

1. Free breakfast and lunch for all students
2. $25,000 for new home buyers
3. $6,000 for new births
4. 25% tax on unrealized capital gains
5. Up to 44.6% tax on capital gains
6. Build three million new homes (actual cost unknown due to variance in land, permitting and construction costs)
Those homes will be 15 minute cities..She never said what kind of “houses”..

Last edited:
That’s not “propping” them up, it’s helping. But, in that vein, just to get an idea, are in favor of free breakfast and lunch for every student?
One of my best friends, Carole, is in charge of the elementary school cafeterias in Dorchester County, SC. If you asked her this question, I guarantee you this is the response you'll hear.

"There is a distinct difference in parents who can't afford to feed their kids properly before school, and then there are the parents who are too lazy to get up and prepare breakfast for their kids: they'd rather just pass the buck."

Which is a case of "need" versus "want?"

Doug Emhoff was a bit of a surprise. I don't know what I expected to hear. He came across as a pretty likable guy. Then again, that shouldn't be a bit of a surprise, should it? I mean, if you "bed" the nanny, you have to be a bit likable, right?

That's also a "work smart, not hard" kind of guy. No reason to go out and "do the work" when you can "do the work" from home with the same results. Or, is that lazy?

Ya see? Still processing.

One of my best friends, Carole, is in charge of the elementary school cafeterias in Dorchester County, SC. If you asked her this question, I guarantee you this is the response you'll hear.

"There is a distinct difference in parents who can't afford to feed their kids properly before school, and then there are the parents who are too lazy to get up and prepare breakfast for their kids: they'd rather just pass the buck."

I bet if you ask your friend, and ask her how much is tossed in the garbage can. She may tell you it's a lot. I know when my grandson was in school and he got either free or partial pay. He didn't like to eat most of the stuff, he even turns down food the other kid tried giving to him. But both my great grand wouldn't eat it at all and it was free to them. Both took their lunch.
I agree with your statement about, Can't! Lazy! Pass the Buck!

Just add it to the list of new taxes

1. Free breakfast and lunch for all students
2. $25,000 for new home buyers
3. $6,000 for new births
4. 25% tax on unrealized capital gains
5. Up to 44.6% tax on capital gains
6. Build three million new homes (actual cost unknown due to variance in land, permitting and construction costs)
I will say anybody that’s against free breakfast and lunch for kids is simply not a good person. The other things you can haggle over, but making sure every kid is fed those two meals is of no argument

Yeah, I’m of the opinion every kid should have or get free breakfast and lunch.

This morning I asked a friend’s wife (she’s a principal at a large elementary school) who just happens to be a conservative this very question- I assumed I knew her answer, but I was wrong. Her answer was “Yes, I’m for it. This shouldn’t be an argument or a political stance, but we live in a world where everything is a political stance. Of all the things to use taxes for I don’t see how this is an issue”

I bet if you ask your friend, and ask her how much is tossed in the garbage can. She may tell you it's a lot.
We've had that conversation. It's one of her "things." She's insistent on her school managers know the students and thereby know things like serving sizes, etc.

Before she took over she told me a story about one of the elementary schools serving an Italian flavored pasta (one of those where you can see the spices on the pasta, right) ... that school went through third grade, I believe. There was food waste and a simple switch to Mac and Cheese.

Back
Top Bottom