| FTBL The Coaching Carousel : UT promotes Kelsey Pope to WR coach

Interesting. Maryland is going big. Mike Locksley really need to clean up some of the inconsistent play on the field. Defense was glaring and it cost them several games. They really need to win most of the game and Make Tauila look better.

They're correcting some issues...

CORAL GABLES, Fla. – University of Miami head football coach Mario Cristobal Wednesday announced the hiring of Kevin Steele as the Hurricanes defensive coordinator.

A previous finalist for the Broyles Award honoring the nation’s top assistant coach, Steele owns 38 years of coaching experience, including 13 years in the SEC and 10 as a defensive coordinator. He was a semifinalist for the Broyles as defensive coordinator at Auburn in 2019 and a finalist for the award in 2017.

“A Miami Hurricanes defense should always be defined by its physicality and toughness, which are two traits of every Kevin Steele-coached defense,” Cristobal said. “Coach Steele has recruited, developed and produced at an elite level at every stop of his career, and I’m confident he will implement a defense that will make Hurricanes fans and alumni proud.

“Coach Steele will help elevate the culture of not only our defense, but our team as a whole, and I know he will make his impact felt on the identity of our program.”

CORAL GABLES, Fla. – University of Miami head football coach Mario Cristobal Wednesday announced the hiring of Kevin Steele as the Hurricanes defensive coordinator.

A previous finalist for the Broyles Award honoring the nation’s top assistant coach, Steele owns 38 years of coaching experience, including 13 years in the SEC and 10 as a defensive coordinator. He was a semifinalist for the Broyles as defensive coordinator at Auburn in 2019 and a finalist for the award in 2017.

“A Miami Hurricanes defense should always be defined by its physicality and toughness, which are two traits of every Kevin Steele-coached defense,” Cristobal said. “Coach Steele has recruited, developed and produced at an elite level at every stop of his career, and I’m confident he will implement a defense that will make Hurricanes fans and alumni proud.

“Coach Steele will help elevate the culture of not only our defense, but our team as a whole, and I know he will make his impact felt on the identity of our program.”

Bold move by Cristobol bringing in an offensive and defensive coordinator who are both known to go rouge. Hope he's been fitted for a stab proof vest with full back coverage.

It became obvious to anyone with two brain cells that occasionally bump into each other that Auburn was truly trying to get rid of Harsin and it wasn't just internet rumors. Why any coach under him with other offers would stay is a question I am not sure I can answer.

Going to come a time....this spring/summer/early fall....where coaches will realize if they want to stay with the titanic.... that program will be really under a microscope....

And chance of HC Harsin making it through the season.... will take a miracle.....
Schedule hard to read...
Away at ole ms, uga, bama, andmsu
Home with lsu, missouri, ark, A$M.... plus penn state

Seems when you have created so much chaos.....as AU did...
Are they giving season up....
Or should they have just cut n run...paid the man...started over...

I would be so pissed to be a fan ( as i was during our turmoil shit created by administrators.....).....maybe theyknow they can get their man ( probably Freeze) nextyear....but still have to pay buyout ...or hope Harsin screws the pooch

Seems when you have created so much chaos.....as AU did...
Are they giving season up....
Or should they have just cut n run...paid the man...started over...

I would be so pissed to be a fan ( as i was during our turmoil shit created by administrators.....).....maybe theyknow they can get their man ( probably Freeze) nextyear....but still have to pay buyout ...or hope Harsin screws the pooch
JMO but those boosters that wanted him gone used their contacts in the press to try and dirty up Harsin hoping the guy would take a reduced buyout. That bunch doesn't mind if they dirty up AU in the process. Their investigation must have found little that would be successful in firing him with cause and avoiding that 18 million or they would have done so.

I have read his buyout will still be 15 million at the end of this coming season so not much relief in sight for another year of him plus you pay him 5 million for this coming years salary.

They did dirty up Harsin with the racist angle and whether it is/was true he will have to fight that in the living rooms of recruits going forward.

I believe the guy is a pretty good coach, but he needs to head back to the section of the country he's a better fit than the SEC. I would bet the Barn Complex and the high dollar folks are working on a checklist for a new HC for the 2023 season.

JMO but those boosters that wanted him gone used their contacts in the press to try and dirty up Harsin hoping the guy would take a reduced buyout. That bunch doesn't mind if they dirty up AU in the process. Their investigation must have found little that would be successful in firing him with cause and avoiding that 18 million or they would have done so.

I have read his buyout will still be 15 million at the end of this coming season so not much relief in sight for another year of him plus you pay him 5 million for this coming years salary.

They did dirty up Harsin with the racist angle and whether it is/was true he will have to fight that in the living rooms of recruits going forward.

I believe the guy is a pretty good coach, but he needs to head back to the section of the country he's a better fit than the SEC. I would bet the Barn Complex and the high dollar folks are working on a checklist for a new HC for the 2023 season.
Yep. I bet they are too...

Bet they have made contact and just get by this year....like they did with Bowden ( except he went undefeated...n foiled their plan)

Unfortunately it is times like this that the crazy voodoo magic hits down in the cow pasture. Hope that is not the case. Harsin probably is a decent coach lets just hope they do not hit the portal or some other jackpot and hit lightning in the bottle.

I think he's thinking about Tuberville. Terry went undefeated his first season at Auburn after being hired in December. He was a very popular hire at the time.

Fired in mid season after a couple mediocre seasons...

Popular or not...just an AU thing I guess...

And of course with Bowden namesake....youre gonna be popular...with some
And to be hired youwill be popular...withsome...
And after a perfect season...but on probation but not his doing...you will be popular with most...

But as 8-4 roll in year after year... notso much popular...
Plusthere was something..not remembering what...that got him canned mid season...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom