| FTBL The Coaching Carousel : UT promotes Kelsey Pope to WR coach

Well you were being vague LOL. If Tom Herman joins next I'll just go ahead and take Cybersecurity course.

I am, and I hate when folks do that, so I'll just say it. Pruitt is a possibility. I hesitate to say it because I've been saying for a while now that he wants to come back and it hasn't yet worked out, and it still may not this time. But, the offer is there, both sides want it. The issue is he may not (probably won't) get the blessing from Sankey to accept it. But it would be a massive pickup if it happens.

I am, and I hate when folks do that, so I'll just say it. Pruitt is a possibility. I hesitate to say it because I've been saying for a while now that he wants to come back and it hasn't yet worked out, and it still may not this time. But, the offer is there, both sides want it. The issue is he may not (probably won't) get the blessing from Sankey to accept it. But it would be a massive pickup if it happens.
Since you've gone and done this ... 🙃

He was a week ago today talking with Saban. You and I skirted around what his wife has been saying for weeks now and the same thoughts/desires match JP's; consumed with the idea of returning to Bama even if it's as an analyst.

Sankey... 😠

(Before the inevitable "what about Pearl" that was under Slive.)

Since you've gone and done this ... 🙃

He was a week ago today talking with Saban. You and I skirted around what his wife has been saying for weeks now and the same thoughts/desires match JP's; consumed with the idea of returning to Bama even if it's as an analyst.

Sankey... 😠

(Before the inevitable "what about Pearl" that was under Slive.)

I'm admitting ignorance here, but is there any difference between Pruitt and Freeze? Folks throw Freeze's name around for jobs, but is he allowed to coach in the SEC or is that the main hold up there? What about Orgeron for what he did at LSU with his coverup?

One's been ruled upon, the other still in the NCAA process.

Does this happen to every coach caught cheating? Not trying to sound stupid here, but if a lot of these coaches can still hold jobs after things they have done you wonder what the deal is. Wasn't it Petino's team that got prostitutes for players? Briles just resigned at Grambling, but hid rape. Carroll bolted for the NFL before USC got popped for big time stuff like houses and such. Countless others caught cheating, but I wasn't under the impression Pruitt was any more than money from boosters which is something they all do.

I had a feeling you were talking about Pruitt, didn't want to bring it up... That's why i said Tom herman LOL.

I mean if the position is as analyst, then it shouldn't affect the team in a way ... but My understanding was that NCAA isn't investigating Tennessee or Pruitt as of now...

I'm admitting ignorance here, but is there any difference between Pruitt and Freeze?

One thing I'd add here is, with Freeze... there were some pissed off coaches/AD's around the league when the Freeze stuff went down and there would have been a lot of pressure from them to Sankey to keep him out. Sankey was going to put him in the corner anyway, so I doubt it would have mattered. But, time has passed... some of those that were mad are not even at the same schools anymore... so from that aspect, it isn't much of an issue at this point. But with Pruitt, I never once heard of any blowback similar to that from other SEC schools. Of course, Sankey still sent him to the hole...

One thing I'd add here is, with Freeze... there were some pissed off coaches/AD's around the league when the Freeze stuff went down and there would have been a lot of pressure from them to Sankey to keep him out. Sankey was going to put him in the corner anyway, so I doubt it would have mattered. But, time has passed... some of those that were mad are not even at the same schools anymore... so from that aspect, it isn't much of an issue at this point. But with Pruitt, I never once heard of any blowback similar to that from other SEC schools. Of course, Sankey still sent him to the hole...
Additional of Pruitt to the staff is a gamechanger for defense. WE now would have two coaches on staff that will step up should several coaches leave next year. I love it when Pruitt get on sideline whispering to Golding, "Call this play you stupid son of a bit..."

Joking aside, we'll know more about pruitt before spring camp, but this probably could drag out to summer...

Rather them there with you than here with me. The questions ...

Have you eaten at Hyman's? I wanted to hit Aaron's Deli this weekend and it was too crowded for my taste; stepped next door to Hyman's. I've been there more than a dozen times—a couple of times a year—and it's never disappointed. I had a grit cake topped with salmon croquettes and served with their Parmesan cheese sauce...damn, stomach growling thinking about it this morning. They call it Carolina Delight. Highly recommended!!!

View attachment 20506
I can't remember every place I've hit down there, looks good. Friday, we're having some food delivered to some friends who've built down there within the last year in Mount Pleasant, RiverTowne I think. We're staying back in Charleston, and my hope is that I'll be able to sneak away for a bit to sample a little brisket and sausage at Lewis BBQ. Hopeful for a decent breakfast Saturday, but it will be a cluster, with a half dozen couples - fully lit after the wine and whiskey tent - wandering about for a place to set up camp.

If the name rings a bell, he's a Samford guy.

He more than “rings a bell” with me. He was my QB on my freshman team here at Sylacauga. He lasted all of 2-3 games before HC pulled him up and started him at corner. He started at QB for us for 3 years. His twin brother Kyle got the bump up as well. Kyle played TE and OLB for us for 3 years and then went to JSU. Kyle was on our staff under Dunbar as a GA before going to Memphis and then Liberty or vice Versa. Both are great young men that come from a great family.

Back
Top Bottom