| FTBL The Coaching Carousel : UT promotes Kelsey Pope to WR coach

Is there any more to this? Seems like interesting timing right after winning a National Championship, and then just leaving.
Last night it was pointed out that Ole Miss is still paying Luke from his buyout. I haven't looked at his buyout. It didn't even cross my mind he was getting two paychecks last year from two SEC schools. The figure was said to be more than 17 million.

Last night it was pointed out that Ole Miss is still paying Luke from his buyout. I haven't looked at his buyout. It didn't even cross my mind he was getting two paychecks last year from two SEC schools. The figure was said to be more than 17 million.
But wouldnt his buyout from MS be adjusted from his pay at uga...
Or most written like that ....

So no coaching pay same amount as coaching till buyout paid off?

That would be enough to make me leave. With the right investment he could be living off over a million a year in interest without ever touching the principle. Nice.

The 17 million was for the entire Ole Miss staff (at that time).

Looks like Matt's buyout was around 10 million and to be paid over 4 years. His contract also had the deal that if he took another gig then those monies could be reduced from what Ole Miss owed him thus Matt was working for free at UGA if you look at that way.

The 17 million was for the entire Ole Miss staff (at that time).

Looks like Matt's buyout was around 10 million and to be paid over 4 years. His contract also had the deal that if he took another gig then those monies could be reduced from what Ole Miss owed him thus Matt was working for free at UGA if you look at that way.
UGA still paid him and the amount they paid was subtracted from the amount Ole Miss had to pay. Basically a coach is guaranteed the value of his contract whether it’s paid by the firing school or the new school or both.

Considering he won't be calling the defense, I'm ok with it. I hope he can help find a way to get more creative blitzes called during the games though.
I'm hoping that's poorly written. 🙃

A friend sent me an bit TI wrote and one of the sentences Rodney meant to say addition and I'm guessing spell check caught it and made it edition.

Grantham is a blitz hire.

A friend sent me an bit TI wrote and one of the sentences Rodney meant to say addition and I'm guessing spell check caught it and made it edition.

I really don't like him at all. It is a weird hire if you ask me, but everyone notes it's off the field, so his voice is minimal.

I really don't like him at all. It is a weird hire if you ask me, but everyone notes it's off the field, so his voice is minimal.

Back
Top Bottom