| FTBL The Coaching Carousel : UT promotes Kelsey Pope to WR coach

Fired in mid season after a couple mediocre seasons...

Popular or not...just an AU thing I guess...

And of course with Bowden namesake....youre gonna be popular...with some
And to be hired youwill be popular...withsome...
And after a perfect season...but on probation but not his doing...you will be popular with most...

But as 8-4 roll in year after year... notso much popular...
Plusthere was something..not remembering what...that got him canned mid season...
He resigned mid season of '98 following the '97 season (10-2) where they won the western division. A slew of injuries hit that Auburn squad in '98, with Bama in turmoil at the time people expected their recruiting to be better than it was, and he was in a fight with Lowder constantly. I'd have to look but my gut tells me he had two 8 wins seasons, a nine and ten win season, along with that undefeated year.

And there was something else...but don’t remember what...he had to stay quiet about something....? Maybe?
Lol. Wouldn't have had anything to do with Bobby Lowder's Daughter?

BOWDENS DENY RUMOR OF AFFAIR​

Georgia offensive line and associate head coach Matt Luke has resigned after two seasons on the Bulldogs' staff, UGA athletics confirmed on Monday.

Luke is stepping down to spend more time with family, a release stated.

“Today, after much prayer and conversation with my family, I have decided to step away from coaching and shift my focus to spending more time with my family,” Luke said in the statement. “I want to thank Coach Smart, his wife Mary Beth, and the entire Georgia family for an incredible past two seasons. I also appreciate Coach Smart's support in my decision today. He's a great coach, and I'll always cherish his friendship. It has been an honor of a lifetime to be able to win a national championship with this staff and these players, and something I will never forget."

He was one of the main guys recruiting Arch Manning.

Matt Luke is kind of surprising to me. I have to say. He is 45 and If I'm in his shoes, I don't blame him.

He was paid around 10 million between his time at Ole Miss and his buy out. He made 900k a year at UGA for the 2 years he was there.

I take my lottery winnings, invest, and live off the interest on the farm. Screw working. Screw the government, Screw everybody.

I know Kirby has changed coaches a fair amount, but I don't recall this much attrition in the past. I do not expect them to be in the the CFB next year. Between the loss of starters and coaches. It will definitely be a rebuilding year. The SEC east is so weak, I do expect them to win the east, but lose in the SECCG and be out of the hunt. If UT builds on what they did last year, and have a lot of luck go their way, it wouldn't surprise me if they were able to sneak in next year. I don't think anybody else in the east has a snowballs chance.

Georgia offensive line and associate head coach Matt Luke has resigned after two seasons on the Bulldogs' staff, UGA athletics confirmed on Monday.

Luke is stepping down to spend more time with family, a release stated.

“Today, after much prayer and conversation with my family, I have decided to step away from coaching and shift my focus to spending more time with my family,” Luke said in the statement. “I want to thank Coach Smart, his wife Mary Beth, and the entire Georgia family for an incredible past two seasons. I also appreciate Coach Smart's support in my decision today. He's a great coach, and I'll always cherish his friendship. It has been an honor of a lifetime to be able to win a national championship with this staff and these players, and something I will never forget."

He was one of the main guys recruiting Arch Manning.

Is there any more to this? Seems like interesting timing right after winning a National Championship, and then just leaving.

Back
Top Bottom