| FTBL Texas A&M Week...

This game concerns me I don't like the line. We will have to throw it since it will be difficult to run the ball.
At least last weeks game was good experience from a noise standpoint hostile road game.
Hopefully we get Lawson back.

Last edited:
Texas A and M
Points For: 193
Points/G: 38.6 (17th of 133)
Points Against: 93
Opp Pts/G: 18.6 (33rd of 133)

TAMU Defense is good. They will cause issues with how they blitzes and etc.,
But I'm more inclined to believe that we can run against their defense.
I'm not sure if Texas Defense is good as people are saying, because of who they have played to this date.
TAMU games so far:
New Mexico
Miami (FL)
Louisiana Monroe
Auburn
Arkansas

Auburn defense isn't very good. They gave up 313 yard passing and 107 rushing against Georgia.
Auburn defense gave up 193 yards passing and 209 rushing against TAMU.

Arkansas defense isn't good. They gave up 210 passing and 204 rushing against TAMU
Arkansas defense gave up 320 yards passing against LSU and 189 rushing.

What does that tell me? TAMU played average teams with average defense so I think their results are misleading.

Is Miami that good or TAMU isn't that good? Looking at Miami and TAMU schedule, I'm going to die on the hill by saying this: I don't think Texas A and M are that good.

I do agree with everyone, that to beat them, we have to beat them with passing. The question is how are we going to do that? They're going to take away the deep ball throwing, which is going to open up the immediate passing game, which also means.... It should be there for Niblack and Dippre all day long.

We need to get back to what we did with him when he played against TAMU.

Lot of RPO, Quick passes, QB runs and just control the clock.

This week better include the QB reading the end man on the LOS in the shotgun run game and not just doing straight hand offs while the OL blocks inside zone/duo, or the run game isn't going to do anything. Play 11 on 11 football or it's going to be 2nd and 3rd and long and that will not end well.

Adding RPO tags to the run game would also be valuable this week.

Maybe the MIss St gameplan was different because they were content to just run inside zone vs. the 3-3-5 and not attach QB zone read runs and RPO slants to that gameplan.

This week better include the QB reading the end man on the LOS in the shotgun run game and not just doing straight hand offs while the OL blocks inside zone/duo, or the run game isn't going to do anything. Play 11 on 11 football or it's going to be 2nd and 3rd and long and that will not end well.

Adding RPO tags to the run game would also be valuable this week.

Maybe the MIss St gameplan was different because they were content to just run inside zone vs. the 3-3-5 and not attach QB zone read runs and RPO slants to that gameplan.
So a QB that takes a sack/lost yardage when running out of bounds while attempting to pass instead of throwing the ball out of bounds is going to read all those options you listed?

Is that your story.

Milroe is playing a game with an I3 processor when a I5 is required.

Just saw this a second ago, Alexander is a fantastic athlete, so I do not doubt he'll be good moving inside.... he just needs the reps at the position. I wouldn't be surprised if we see this again next year as well with some players.

I'm not excited about this week, Jimbo's back is against the wall right now on College Station, he's at home. It'll be one of those big games where they will be coming out on fire and we will have to make sure to not let the emotions get us into bad habits.

We have enough issues on offense, our communication will be rough going, much like USF..which we all know how that went on offense.

There's a few things we definitely need to improve on this week, let's hope the guys are up to the task. I could see Jimbo throwing the playbook at us this week, it's his super bowl and a loss here likely starts the rumbling that he's losing his job.

I think the defense missed Lawson more that I thought they would. Campbell and Marshall and Blackshire played very well against the dogs but there were still some really big holes in the run defense. I think if Lawson had been on the field MSU would not have had 150 yds rushing. They will have to play a lot faster against the Aggies.

Caught this floating around this morning from an A&M stat guy...

TAMU-BAMA-Stat-Sim-20231007.jpg

This should be another exam for the Crimson Tide team this week in College Station. Mental mistakes, turnovers and time possession are going to be keys to this game. Hopefully, our young men can answer the challenge in front of 100,000+ Aggie fans.

aTm with a better coach and I’d be more worried, but although I’m still worried I think we win, but barely.

Milroe is going to have to sling that thing and this far he’s only shown that after the first read isn’t there he’s discombobulated

aTm with a better coach and I’d be more worried, but although I’m still worried I think we win, but barely.

Milroe is going to have to sling that thing and this far he’s only shown that after the first read isn’t there he’s discombobulated
I'm starting to get a double digit vibe.

I'm also not onboard with the "sling the ball" around. I'm of the opinion folks need to slow down a bit saying "this offense needs to run this way." They're still learning who they are.

Back
Top Bottom