| FTBL Arkansas Week...

But that's the problem with this team. I could see the possibility of winning out as well as the possibility of three more losses. This team is unpredictable, and not in a good way.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we beat Arkansas by 4 touchdowns, or lost by 2 touchdowns.
You really think we'll lose to Arkansas with the way the Defense has been playing?

If we don't allow Jefferson's legs to beat us. Us dropping into coverage and leaving the middle open won't do us any favors. I just hope we figure that out and step up to stop him as he's the only one on their team that can beat us.
I don't think us dropping into coverage will hurt us a lot. Last year under Golding, Jefferson had 17 carries for 38 yards and he threw 13/24 for 155.

This year he's running Eno offense and it calls for him to be a passer, not running a lot. He has thrown 6 interceptions in last 5 games. He is averaging 1.7 per yard on running.

I don't think us dropping into coverage will hurt us a lot. Last year under Golding, Jefferson had 17 carries for 38 yards and he threw 13/24 for 155.

This year he's running Eno offense and it calls for him to be a passer, not running a lot. He has thrown 6 interceptions in last 5 games. He is averaging 1.7 per yard on running.

Old habits die hard for me sometimes, so knowing what he WAS/IS capable of always concerns me. Your stats prove a point though that maybe we don't have to focus on his legs as much as falling into coverage and defending the receivers and Sanders out of the backfield.

Offensive Stat Comparison​

StatARKALA
Yards/Play4.65.4
Points/Play0.3750.470
Rush Play %53.69%58.04%
Pass Play %46.31%41.96%
Completion %65.25%63.12%
3D Conv %43.66%44.30%
RZ Scoring %93.75%94.74%

Defensive Stat Comparison​

StatARKALA
Opp Yards/Play5.54.3
Opp Points/Play0.4360.217
Opp Completion %62.40%59.26%
Opp 3D Conv %40.63%33.33%
Opp RZ Scoring %88.89%75.00%

We cannot afford to let Jefferson drop back and then take off running the ball. He is a very dangerous runner and with our prior coverage of the QB in 3rd and long, this is a concern. I do not think Arkie will be able to throw the ball consistently against us bc our DL is getting good pressure.

Offensively, I am going to say the same thing I have been harping on since day one, our OL MUST be more consistent. Tom Brady, Joe Montana or any other QB is not going to be able to drop back and pass with the pass protection we have been getting most of the time. Milroe is operating out of the gun and he is still pressured on most of his throws.

Bottom line, I think Bama continues to make improvements and we win the game.

Why dont they ask nick hard questions?

He keeps saying " this n that" are correctable
But game after game... they aren't corrected

For several years in a row.... there are undisciplined stupid penalties... they keep happening ... what can be done? And why isnt it?

Who doesn't take a knee to kill clock when you can( Miami and bama) Whats the thinking?

Ard they afraid to ask hard questions?

Back
Top Bottom