| FTBL Arkansas Week...

Look at the top. Nobody covering him. Had he throw a clean pass, it's a td.

But it's unnecessary unless you're trying to run the score up for poll points. The play clock is 40 seconds. There are 100 seconds left in the game with no timeouts for Texas A&M. Game shoulda been over after third down. Why was a run called? That's my question, is that not on coaching?

I just don't understand why everyone thinks this week is a trap game? I don't think this game warranted "trap game " label all over it.

This team is operating on week to week knowing they can lose the game. I just don't see it right now.

I've been struggling to understand why they feel that way. Maybe I'm missing something.
I don't know if trap is the right term. An uneasy feeling, definitely. The line on this game is Bama -19.5. That is HIGH considering that we haven't blown anybody out yet. Plus, Jefferson has been a thorn in our side the last two seasons. Theoretically we should run them clear back to Fayetteville before the first quarter is over. It just needs to translate to the field. I'd love an absolute murder ball game. This week and especially next

I don't know if trap is the right term. An uneasy feeling, definitely. The line on this game is Bama -19.5. That is HIGH considering that we haven't blown anybody out yet. Plus, Jefferson has been a thorn in our side the last two seasons. Theoretically we should run them clear back to Fayetteville before the first quarter is over. It just needs to translate to the field. I'd love an absolute murder ball game. This week and especially next
One thing. Last year he didn't do much. The year before he did damage against us.

This team is operating on week to week knowing they can lose the game.
Agree the team has not played well enough to come in acting like they have arrived. You can tell from the movement or lack of in the polls they are being viewed skeptically. If they come in acting like they have arrived or done something, best case we struggle and win worse case they lose.

Yea more so than a trap game, this is a game/week where we just need to keep improving and cleaning stuff up.

Get the OL more cohesion, stop making stupid mistakes constantly, etc.

I wouldn’t mind seeing angry Nick make an appearance.

Agree the team has not played well enough to come in acting like they have arrived. You can tell from the movement or lack of in the polls they are being viewed skeptically. If they come in acting like they have arrived or done something, best case we struggle and win worse case they lose.
For us older folkes....kinda reminds of 1965 team ...
Stumble ...trip...bad decisions...mediocre QB...bad things ...
I remember us all just shaking our heads...

And then....for some reason...they jelled...vs lsu...and became unbeatable...

Let's be honest, who called that Milroe pass play at the end instead of a knee? I happen to think it was a hurry up after McClellan's amazing bobble of fortune, but curious how mistakeslike that isn't on coaching? A quick knee does the exact same thing there. Not the end of the world thank goodness, but a point I personally feel a coordinator should have caught and not happened.
I think that was honestly one of those, “if they leave a WR uncovered, abort the play and get it out to him”. Problem is, you abort that mindset when “bleeding the clock” at the end. Likely just a lack of “in game experience” where a young QB just gets caught up in the moment.

Last edited:
Not really!! OC’s / position coaches stress so many things throughout camp, the week, plus gameplan, etc. it is easy for a young QB to go into sensory overload. It honestly comes from a lack of reps, not preparation from the OC.
In a system where he's learning to read defenses, sees someone uncovered ... and he made a decision. Not a problem in my eyes.

In a system where he's learning to read defenses, sees someone uncovered ... and he made a decision. Not a problem in my eyes.
Homer Smith used to have us/the QBs work on sliding every Tuesday. We would take a 7 step drop, simulate going through a called play progression, then tuck the ball and sprint straight up the middle and then baseball slide. Well, game or scrimmage and your team needs that extra yard to secure the first down, secure possession, and secure the win. What happens? You forget the drill and lower the shoulder. Same with Milroe last week in my eyes. No issue other than get the ball to him and not on the hop!

Funny his name comes up today...like I said pre-season, I see a lot that reminds me of how his offenses developed. Different athletes, but the same scheme almost. I'm just a fan, no coach, but I like what I'm seeing. They're progressing.
The OL has had its issues and continues but they have improved. Big issue is the dang penalties. Cut that out and it is a double digit win last week. Considering all the accolades A&M seems to still be getting that would be viewed as a significant road win. It allready is but it would be considered a dominant win.

Hope they keep progressing and do not take a step back today at home. I would take last weeks 2nd half performance less the penatlies and consider that significant progress.

Funny his name comes up today...like I said pre-season, I see a lot that reminds me of how his offenses developed. Different athletes, but the same scheme almost. I'm just a fan, no coach, but I like what I'm seeing. They're progressing.
We talked about him in the Spring and how we thought this offense would look. We are progressing indeed. Just some growing pains that we continue to see. This team is so much like a teenager and what goes into raising one. Shows flashes of brilliance followed up by some boneheaded mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom