| FTBL Arkansas Week...

May not be a trap game, but it sure is about to be a loss if we don’t get it together. I said last week maybe we were looking ahead to UT week, that could be the same case again this week! Did we look ahead to UT two weeks in a row? We should not be within 3 of Arky at home…

There was a reason to why I bet only 5k on Alabama winning... I didn't like the bet line on Bama this week. This game should've been blown out and this is second time in two weeks this happened. Hopefully, they learned their lessons tonight.

There was a reason to why I bet only 5k on Alabama winning... I didn't like the bet line on Bama this week. This game should've been blown out and this is second time in two weeks this happened. Hopefully, they learned their lessons tonight.
I see no evidence that this is going to magically happen. The team has improved but at the core they are who they are. This is a marathon and nothing is going to change overnight. Just buckle up and hope they are able to find ways to win despite the mistakes, QB Play and OL play. I hold out hope the D that we saw from the middle of the 1st qtr to the middle of the 3rd is the real D or at least glimpses of what it can be. This is an area that I hold out more hope than the offense having some kind of magical moment. Certainly I am still frustrated by what we saw in the 2nd half. Just mind numbing....

I see no evidence that this is going to magically happen. The team has improved but at the core they are who they are. This is a marathon and nothing is going to change overnight. Just buckle up and hope they are able to find ways to win despite the mistakes, QB Play and OL play. I hold out hope the D that we saw from the middle of the 1st qtr to the middle of the 3rd is the real D or at least glimpses of what it can be. This is an area that I hold out more hope than the offense having some kind of magical moment. Certainly I am still frustrated by what we saw in the 2nd half. Just mind numbing....
Operate on Week to week basis for this team....

What you saw was poor efforts by the player. They didn't have good week of practicing. They took Arkansas for granted. It won't happen again.

What you saw was poor efforts by the player. They didn't have good week of practicing. They took Arkansas for granted. It won't happen again.
That makes sense and I that’s probably what happened. But when you Google trap game, here is what you get (below). You say took for granted, the definition says overlooks. Very similar, I think.

What is a Trap Game? A trap game is when a stronger opponent overlooks a weaker opponent and the weaker opponent overcomes adversity potentially winning the game. This especially happens when the stronger team is on their home turf with their fans behind their backs.

Mind numbing this team thinks they can take an opponent for granted. Don't they see the same game we saw when doing film review?

Sorry, but you keep giving excuses for why we cannot and should not review or grade this team. Week to week? Sure, every week you're 0-0, but at this point there is no switch to be flipped. All of a sudden our line is gonna lose weight or get faster to better protect Milroe? We are who we are. We have some great highs and some pathetic lows, but this team will not "settle down" eight games into the season and figure it out. We're simply surviving. And that's fine, but to say we have to look at this week to week ain't the answer.

No team has taken the reigns this year in college football. Maybe Michigan, but who knows with their soft schedule. USC lost, Oregon lost, and Washington has to play USC. Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State play each other, so it'll pan out, but saying we can't grade our team is not very genuine. Talent is there, team, not so sure for us.

Mind numbing this team thinks they can take an opponent for granted. Don't they see the same game we saw when doing film review?
Do you think A&M overlooked Tennessee? Do you think they took them for granted? I see two teams that are beaten the hell up; mentally and physically.

Step back for a second and think about this ... how many times over the years have we looked at the UT game coming up and said, "this team needs a week off."

There are things that lead to bad weeks of practice and they aren't all just lackadaisical attitudes.

Sorry, but you keep giving excuses for why we cannot and should not review or grade this team. Week to week? Sure, every week you're 0-0, but at this point there is no switch to be flipped. All of a sudden our line is gonna lose weight or get faster to better protect Milroe? We are who we are. We have some great highs and some pathetic lows, but this team will not "settle down" eight games into the season and figure it out. We're simply surviving. And that's fine, but to say we have to look at this week to week ain't the answer.

No team has taken the reigns this year in college football. Maybe Michigan, but who knows with their soft schedule. USC lost, Oregon lost, and Washington has to play USC. Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State play each other, so it'll pan out, but saying we can't grade our team is not very genuine. Talent is there, team, not so sure for us.
This is not an excuse. This is reality of the team. You really have to go week by week with this team. You don't know what you're getting out of the team each week. It's always something else with this team each week. There's a 1st half team, and then 2nd half team.

We've seen this too many times, and I'm not talking about just Bama, but college football team. How many times we've seen teams struggled to put together a complete team until the last 4 games into the season? Every week it's always something with this team.

I don't want to stay on this too long, so I'm gonna focus on QB, RB and OL.

Look at Milroe: Has he shown improvement since Miss State game? Yes. the number doesn't show that, but he is getting better. But he's still missing his open guys. Yesterday, He left pocket too soon several times. He has to get back to being decisive with his running. This is going to keep happening throughout the season, but He's making dumb mistakes less and less. So you have to evaluate him week to week. His confidence isn't alll the way there.

RB corps: Yesterday was the best running game for the season to this date.

OL- You can tell they're working real hard on fixing issues within OL. 5 Penalties for 45 yards. I don't know how many of that were false starts.. I think 1 or 2. Against TAMU they had 14 penalties for 99 yards.

What we saw yesterday was what Saban has been preaching all week and it spilled into the game: complacency. BTW, read this article.... I can see why Saban was concerned this week. Different messages from players this week and it goes back to what I've suspected all along: Communication, trust, lack of maturity in the locker room.

IF they didn't learn their lesson last week, Ithink the team definitely learned few lessons yesterday.

This is not an excuse. This is reality of the team. You really have to go week by week with this team. You don't know what you're getting out of the team each week. It's always something else with this team each week. There's a 1st half team, and then 2nd half team.

We've seen this too many times, and I'm not talking about just Bama, but college football team. How many times we've seen teams struggled to put together a complete team until the last 4 games into the season? Every week it's always something with this team.

I don't want to stay on this too long, so I'm gonna focus on QB, RB and OL.

Look at Milroe: Has he shown improvement since Miss State game? Yes. the number doesn't show that, but he is getting better. But he's still missing his open guys. Yesterday, He left pocket too soon several times. He has to get back to being decisive with his running. This is going to keep happening throughout the season, but He's making dumb mistakes less and less. So you have to evaluate him week to week. His confidence isn't alll the way there.

RB corps: Yesterday was the best running game for the season to this date.

OL- You can tell they're working real hard on fixing issues within OL. 5 Penalties for 45 yards. I don't know how many of that were false starts.. I think 1 or 2. Against TAMU they had 14 penalties for 99 yards.

What we saw yesterday was what Saban has been preaching all week and it spilled into the game: complacency. BTW, read this article.... I can see why Saban was concerned this week. Different messages from players this week and it goes back to what I've suspected all along: Communication, trust, lack of maturity in the locker room.

IF they didn't learn their lesson last week, Ithink the team definitely learned few lessons yesterday.

I understand that for the first three of four weeks like we talked about as far as quarterbacks, but as a team it is simply "inconsistent play" at this point. You're 3/4 through your scheduke, you know who you are. We are an inconsistent bunch.

“Inconsistent play” comes from this team being Uber talented, but not a very good team. It’s ok though we’ve lived through the greatest dynasty in college football history. Just enjoy that. Might Saban have another run at a ship???? Sure, but it’ll be for backing in not being dominant any more.

Do you think A&M overlooked Tennessee? Do you think they took them for granted? I see two teams that are beaten the hell up; mentally and physically.

Step back for a second and think about this ... how many times over the years have we looked at the UT game coming up and said, "this team needs a week off."

There are things that lead to bad weeks of practice and they aren't all just lackadaisical attitudes.
Makes much more sense than the complancey argument. Bama being beat up and/or tired after several back to back tough games makes much more sense. That I can get on board with. Taking another team lightly with they way we have played would be as I said, mind numbing.

Makes much more sense than the complancey argument. Bama being beat up and/or tired after several back to back tough games makes much more sense. That I can get on board with. Taking another team lightly with they way we have played would be as I said, mind numbing.
Agree. But don’t forget Arky has also played the last 7 weeks and the 3 previous to us were at LSU, A&M, and at Ole Miss. they would be equally worn out and beat up.

Agree. But don’t forget Arky has also played the last 7 weeks and the 3 previous to us were at LSU, A&M, and at Ole Miss. they would be equally worn out and beat up.
I still do not get the complacency argument. I mean when you have played mediocre as this team has, how can you be complacent unless you are stupid and arrogant?

Back
Top Bottom