| FTBL Something I want you guys to seriously chew on...

This may cost me some rep points, but Titan is right on the Jet-Gate thing. As soon as the story was leaked that AU officials flew to talk with Petrino, the AU nation sounded off. Many emails with much gnashing of the teeth. Shortly after AU announced that Tuberville was keeping his job, the AD(Housel) and President(?) both lost their positions.

Bryant34 said:
Thanks for the sensibility in a mad world.

If we lose to ULM in year 3, Saban will be the one to blame... he clearly is not to blame in year 1.

I don't pretend to know the daily goings-ons in T-town, but I do faithfully attend the games. There is a noticeable difference in the players that "do it right" and the ones that don't. You can tell the ones that give 100% and the ones that go through the motions.

Watch which linebackers make the correct reads and take the right angles. Watch which DB's sacrifice themselves to make a first-down-saving tackle. Watch which linemen run downfield to make the extra block. Watch which receiver runs his route full speed, even when he isn't the primary receiver.

When your "leaders" are the ones going through the motions, your chances of success are greatly reduced.

492893373_a5971ffb94.jpg

Given the state of our program, Saban is clearly not the one to blame. Saban is clearly not the one to blame given the state of our program! YOU SEE?!?

Big_Fan said:
Bryant34 said:

If we lose to ULM in year 3, Saban will be the one to blame... he clearly is not to blame in year 1.

I don't pretend to know the daily goings-ons in T-town, but I do faithfully attend the games. There is a noticeable difference in the players that "do it right" and the ones that don't. You can tell the ones that give 100% and the ones that go through the motions.

Watch which linebackers make the correct reads and take the right angles. Watch which DB's sacrifice themselves to make a first-down-saving tackle. Watch which linemen run downfield to make the extra block. Watch which receiver runs his route full speed, even when he isn't the primary receiver.

When your "leaders" are the ones going through the motions, your chances of success are greatly reduced.

492893373_a5971ffb94.jpg

Given the state of our program, Saban is clearly not the one to blame. Saban is clearly not the one to blame given the state of our program! YOU SEE?!?

LOL, great movie

AlaphaMale said:

Yeah my responding to trolls has ended.

Some people just do not really understand that when dealing with a team of individuals it is not as simple as just applying your will to make things happen. Saban is doing what he can this year and having to play alot of people he normally would not because of dept and redshirts...some people are just small minded when it come to seeing the big picture.

Big_Fan said:
Bryant34 said:

492893373_a5971ffb94.jpg

Love the movie Princess Bride...up there on my all time favs.

My point the whole time was not to say that Saban was solely to blame for ULM. My point was to skewer the notion that somehow he was the reason you whacked Tennessee but not responsible for ULM. That makes no sense. You can't praise him for the wins and simultaneously absolve him of the losses.

Truth is, the coaches and the players are responsible for all of it. Saban didn't do a good job of preparing the players for ULM and the players didn't do a good job of executing. Saban did a good job getting you guys ready for UT and the players executed on the field. Simple as that.

Back
Top Bottom