| FTBL Something I want you guys to seriously chew on...

TitanTiger said:
AlaphaMale said:
crimsontradition14 said:
TitanTiger said:
Avoidance. Nice tactic.

It's a legit question. You can't have it both ways.

Where exactly was the avoidance. I think he was to blame for the ULM game, but that doesn't mean we should call for his job. The guys were also to blame just like they deserved as much praise as he got or more for the tennessee game.

There is no honesty in his question. He is simply trying to produce a reaction. He'll probably succeed.
Actually, it was a completely honest question. I've heard this sentiment several times amongst the Bama fans either on the radio or in the office and I wondered how people could make that statement. The same folks who were praising Saban for how he'd turned the team around in beating Arkansas and pounding Tennessee suddenly either blamed the players or pointed out that they were "Shula's" recruits with no blame given to Saban. That's inconsistent.

Have Auburn people never been inconsistent?

I wonder how many of the AU fans that love CTT now were jumping on the Plane.. I mean Bandwagon, to get rid of him and hire Petrino not too long ago.. Did they not do that during the season as well and behind CTT back? :roll:

CrimsonPirate said:
TitanTiger said:
AlaphaMale said:
crimsontradition14 said:
TitanTiger said:
Avoidance. Nice tactic.

It's a legit question. You can't have it both ways.

Where exactly was the avoidance. I think he was to blame for the ULM game, but that doesn't mean we should call for his job. The guys were also to blame just like they deserved as much praise as he got or more for the tennessee game.

There is no honesty in his question. He is simply trying to produce a reaction. He'll probably succeed.
Actually, it was a completely honest question. I've heard this sentiment several times amongst the Bama fans either on the radio or in the office and I wondered how people could make that statement. The same folks who were praising Saban for how he'd turned the team around in beating Arkansas and pounding Tennessee suddenly either blamed the players or pointed out that they were "Shula's" recruits with no blame given to Saban. That's inconsistent.

Have Auburn people never been inconsistent?
I'm sure they have. But that doesn't answer this question.

chevy0082 said:
I wonder how many of the AU fans that love CTT now were jumping on the Plane.. I mean Bandwagon, to get rid of him and hire Petrino not too long ago.. Did they not do that during the season as well and behind CTT back? :roll:
Actually, once the story hit the papers, the Auburn fanbase was outraged and were a major reason CTT kept his job.

TitanTiger said:
chevy0082 said:
Actually, once the story hit the papers, the Auburn fanbase was outraged and were a major reason CTT kept his job.

Riggghttt!

TitanTiger said:
But that doesn't answer this question.

I'll answer your question. I was at all three games... the Arky, UT and ULM games. I saw the difference.

You're an Aubie, so I'll type slow... Anyone can get "up" for Arky and UT. It takes discipline and pride to get up for ULM. Shula lost control of the discipline, and Saban will need a couple of years to gain COMPLETE control over it.

Saban has done a GREAT job of developing a game plan for EACH of our 11 games this year... but 11 players at a time have to execute the plan. Saban can't do that for them.

crimsontradition14 said:
TitanTiger said:
chevy0082 said:

Riggghttt!
Um, yeah. That was pretty much the only reason it didn't happen. Once the papers uncovered it, the fans went ballistic. And any sportswriter or sportscaster in the state will tell you so.

Bryant34 said:
TitanTiger said:
But that doesn't answer this question.

I'll answer your question. I was at all three games... the Arky, UT and ULM games. I saw the difference.

You're an Aubie, so I'll type slow... Anyone can get "up" for Arky and UT. It takes discipline and pride to get up for ULM. Shula lost control of the discipline, and Saban will need a couple of years to gain COMPLETE control over it.
Interesting. So, did the team have more discipline and pride under Shula when they blew out ULM last year but lost to Tennessee and Arkansas? Because that contradictory thinking is rearing its head again here.

TitanTiger said:
crimsontradition14 said:
TitanTiger said:
chevy0082 said:

Riggghttt!
Um, yeah. That was pretty much the only reason it didn't happen. Once the papers uncovered it, the fans went ballistic. And any sportswriter or sportscaster in the state will tell you so.

:lol: Ha, this guy believes sportswriters and sportscasters!!!

srollins said:
TitanTiger said:
crimsontradition14 said:
TitanTiger said:
chevy0082 said:

Riggghttt!

Ok. Bottom line, anyone not addicted to houndstooth paraphernalia can give you the history lesson.

TitanTiger said:
srollins said:
TitanTiger said:
crimsontradition14 said:
TitanTiger said:
chevy0082 said:

Riggghttt!

Ok. Bottom line, anyone not addicted to houndstooth paraphernalia can give you the history lesson.

did Finebaum tell you to say that? :lol:

srollins said:
TitanTiger said:
srollins said:
TitanTiger said:
crimsontradition14 said:
TitanTiger said:
chevy0082 said:

Riggghttt!

Heh. Actually, I don't listen to Finebaum. I wouldn't really have time to even if I wanted to. I live 3 minutes from the office. No point in getting into a topic when I'll be home that quick.

I appreciate what TerryP had to say about the state of affairs in general. I know there is quite a bit of difference in opinions right now, and I have even my own set. We know that opinions are like....well...you know the rest.

I don't blame Saban for the loss to ULM. I think this season was moving along pretty well in spite of the attitudes of some guys on this team. But the suspensions and some injuries began to pile up, especially following the LSU game. That was a loss that some of the players might have decided could be laid at the feet of one player. To be honest, I happen to blame JPW for his lack of protection of the ball for both MSU and LSU, and also for FSU. Thank God Auburn isn't know as Auburn State University. His fumbles DIRECTLY impacted the outcome of the game. Sure, other things transpired in the course of the game, but a key fumble against FSU, LSU and a really bad decision before halftime against MSU DIRECTLY impacted those outcomes.

Flame on.

I know it's a team game, and the team generally did what needed to be done in those games to win. Certainly the defense played well enough against LaMon and FSU and MSU to win.

I look forward to some turnover in the upperclassmen to get some better individuals in there. But I'm not impressed with the QB play we've seen, and the way I see it, ANY change at QB would have been better than a 100 yard TD interception or giving the ball to the other team with 1:35 to go in a tie game at the 2 yard line.

TitanTiger said:
Interesting. So, did the team have more discipline and pride under Shula when they blew out ULM last year but lost to Tennessee and Arkansas? Because that contradictory thinking is rearing its head again here.

That may be the most backwards rationale for anything I've ever read. Last season, our team lacked depth even worse than this year. We were starting a new QB, our O-Line was comprised of Freshmen and Sophomores, and our play-calling left a lot to be desired. These factors led to our losing to UT and Arkansas.

This season, we have a more experienced O-Line and QB. Our play-calling has been somewhat better as well, which led to us beating UT and Arkansas.

Talent and depth are much bigger factors when playing good teams than they are when playing poor teams. I do blame CNS for the losses to MSU and ULM, but I understand the issues that we have on our team. Terry did a wonderful job of bringing these things up. I had this same conversation today at work which is when it occurred to me that our "Senior Leadership" didn't exist. I will not shed a tear at the loss of the majority of this senior class, and only hope that the underclassmen can see what is going on and takes appropriate action to prevent the same issues next season.

DustyG said:
TitanTiger said:

That may be the most backwards rationale for anything I've ever read. Last season, our team lacked depth even worse than this year. We were starting a new QB, our O-Line was comprised of Freshmen and Sophomores, and our play-calling left a lot to be desired. These factors led to our losing to UT and Arkansas.

This season, we have a more experienced O-Line and QB. Our play-calling has been somewhat better as well, which led to us beating UT and Arkansas.

Talent and depth are much bigger factors when playing good teams than they are when playing poor teams. I do blame CNS for the losses to MSU and ULM, but I understand the issues that we have on our team. Terry did a wonderful job of bringing these things up. I had this same conversation today at work which is when it occurred to me that our "Senior Leadership" didn't exist. I will not shed a tear at the loss of the majority of this senior class, and only hope that the underclassmen can see what is going on and takes appropriate action to prevent the same issues next season.
It's not my rationale. It was your fellow Bama fan's. He said:

Anyone can get "up" for Arky and UT. It takes discipline and pride to get up for ULM. Shula lost control of the discipline, and Saban will need a couple of years to gain COMPLETE control over it.
I simply applied this same logic to Shula's team last year since they employed "discipline and pride" to wax ULM 41-7. It doesn't hold water does it?

Tell him, not me.

TitanTiger said:
DustyG said:
TitanTiger said:

It's not my rationale. It was your fellow Bama fan's. He said:

Anyone can get "up" for Arky and UT. It takes discipline and pride to get up for ULM. Shula lost control of the discipline, and Saban will need a couple of years to gain COMPLETE control over it.
I simply applied this same logic to Shula's team last year since they employed "discipline and pride" to wax ULM 41-7. It doesn't hold water does it?

Tell him, not me.

No Jabroni, It does take discipline and pride to play at the same level every week. Last year's team played at the same level every week because they lacked experienced depth. This years team doesn't play at the same level every week because they lack discipline and pride. Please take a cognitive reading course.

One of the things Saban has mentioned since spring camp this year has been finishing. Interestingly enough, with the exception of what was on the score board, the two games mirrored each other quite a bit with the total number of offensive yards as one example.

The ULM game last year was a game where there were a lot of "big play" scores. This year, when the team was in a scoring position, they didn't finish.

Last years game was the third in the season against a different ULM team. This one followed two losses, both heart-breaking, and when we needed the mentality of a team that wouldn't quit, they practically did. If you want more on that mentality, read the first post in this thread.

I understand you would like to make this thread about ULM, but what you are doing is basically trying to hi-jack it. It's Weds, and the game that is important isn't the one that was last weekend, it is this upcoming weekend.

If you continue to comment about the ULM game I can assure you that it'll reach a point, and quickly, where any further comments will simply be ignored.

TerryP said:
One of the things Saban has mentioned since spring camp this year has been finishing. Interestingly enough, with the exception of what was on the score board, the two games mirrored each other quite a bit with the total number of offensive yards as one example.

The ULM game last year was a game where there were a lot of "big play" scores. This year, when the team was in a scoring position, they didn't finish.

Last years game was the third in the season against a different ULM team. This one followed two losses, both heart-breaking, and when we needed the mentality of a team that wouldn't quit, they practically did. If you want more on that mentality, read the first post in this thread.

I understand you would like to make this thread about ULM, but what you are doing is basically trying to hi-jack it. It's Weds, and the game that is important isn't the one that was last weekend, it is this upcoming weekend.

If you continue to comment about the ULM game I can assure you that it'll reach a point, and quickly, where any further comments will simply be ignored.

Let's start now and avoid the rush. :roll:

Dizzy

TitanTiger said:
srollins said:
TitanTiger said:
srollins said:
TitanTiger said:
crimsontradition14 said:
TitanTiger said:
chevy0082 said:

Riggghttt!

Heh. Actually, I don't listen to Finebaum. I wouldn't really have time to even if I wanted to. I live 3 minutes from the office. No point in getting into a topic when I'll be home that quick.

This is making me Dizzy I can use this for hypnosis.
There is no place like home. There is no place like home. Common Toto I'm clicking my heels and walking up the stairs from the basement to be home

Back
Top Bottom