| FTBL Should Dan Mullen be on the "Hot Seat?"

He’s definitely a clown. His antics last year almost led to a riot just before halftime vs Missouri. Then he shows up as dearth vader at his post game presser, refuses to take responsibility. Hope he’s there at UF for lifetime.

A handicapper out of LV shared last night that he'd heard Mullen was out immediately following UF's game with FSU...got that note about 9ish ET while their game with UofSC was still underway.

Florida has beaten FAU, South Florida, UT and Vandy. Awful. Didn’t Power Football Focus crown him coach of the year last year? Joke… I said in the SEC game thread last night after seeing their score in the 3rd, that I figure he’ll be out after the final game. Another big payout coming!

Mullen is what I have always thought he was. He is just getting exposed and cannot hide behind well he only has 3 stars at a program that historically has not won like Mississippi State. The reality is he apparently does not have the personality or work ethic to coach on the field and off the field recruiting.

Mullen is what I have always thought he was. He is just getting exposed and cannot hide behind well he only has 3 stars at a program that historically has not won like Mississippi State. The reality is he apparently does not have the personality or work ethic to coach on the field and off the field recruiting.
I don't think I would go that far. He has proven when he has the athletes that he can coach and win. From by comfortable seat on my couch in Inverness, it looks like a guy who has succumb to the pressure of being at a pressure cooker, fish bowl of a major power 5 school in the most competitive conference in the nation. I know he came from the most competitive division (ie MSU), however they had zero expectations. Anything he did was good and if he had a bad season, he had built some buffer with all the good he has done.

I would not be surprised to see him analyzing under the master. Wouldn't surprise me to see him pull a Gus Malzahn and be at a smaller school either. For some reason, I could see him being a good fit at TCU.

It sounds kind of like his players are quitting on him. Numerous players didn’t get off the bus yesterday because they felt ill? And mention of. Flu outbreak? Maybe legit, but given the environment there now, who knows.

I don't think I would go that far. He has proven when he has the athletes that he can coach and win. From by comfortable seat on my couch in Inverness, it looks like a guy who has succumb to the pressure of being at a pressure cooker, fish bowl of a major power 5 school in the most competitive conference in the nation. I know he came from the most competitive division (ie MSU), however they had zero expectations. Anything he did was good and if he had a bad season, he had built some buffer with all the good he has done.

I would not be surprised to see him analyzing under the master. Wouldn't surprise me to see him pull a Gus Malzahn and be at a smaller school either. For some reason, I could see him being a good fit at TCU.
I would rather have Patterson "analyzing under the master". I cant stand Mullen, but we have took in some examples of coaches that irritated me and they worked out well. Kiffin, Jones and Michael Stoops to name a few. Mullen should of stayed at MSU, he would be living in a Igloo.

Back
Top Bottom