| FTBL Coaches on the hot seat

Bye bye Jimbo!!šŸ˜‚ Like @Brandon Van de Graaff said earlier, Arky losing to the Barn surprised me, how they did it was even a bigger surprise. I actually thought they may have turned the corner down in Gainsville the week before. Pittman may not last after that showing.
Arnette, in my opinion gets a pass for this season, considering the turmoil that program went through to get to this point. Heā€™s got to hire some better people and put around him and have them use the talent they have.

Bye bye Jimbo!!šŸ˜‚ Like @Brandon Van de Graaff said earlier, Arky losing to the Barn surprised me, how they did it was even a bigger surprise. I actually thought they may have turned the corner down in Gainsville the week before. Pittman may not last after that showing.
Arnette, in my opinion gets a pass for this season, considering the turmoil that program went through to get to this point. Heā€™s got to hire some better people and put around him and have them use the talent they have.

Dude is never talking into his headset... they can give up a 70 yard play for a TD with busted assignments and they'll show him and he's doing nothing, saying nothing. Really weird.

How about Drinkwitz? I know that dude rubs some folks the wrong way with his antics, but he's proving he can coach. He's a guy that many gave up on, including Mizzou fans not long ago... I'll admit I thought his long term outlook was bleak myself... but they stuck with him and he's making the most of it. He will get some calls... not real sure what his buyout numbers are, but I think he recently got an extension and raise and will be headed for another raise shortly... Saban has always thought highly of him... speaks volumes.

I like the guy. He tells it how it is and does not apologize. It's very refreshing. He's recruiting his state very well and the talen they areshowing is the talent he's pulling. Burden and Nwerni are gonna do well for him. He's the only team that had a legit shot at beating Georgia this year due to his stud receiver, running back, and mobile quarterback.

How about Drinkwitz? I know that dude rubs some folks the wrong way with his antics, but he's proving he can coach. He's a guy that many gave up on, including Mizzou fans not long ago... I'll admit I thought his long term outlook was bleak myself... but they stuck with him and he's making the most of it. He will get some calls... not real sure what his buyout numbers are, but I think he recently got an extension and raise and will be headed for another raise shortly... Saban has always thought highly of him... speaks volumes.
Yep, he would be a guy to look at for sure.

Heuple down by 30 on last play. And going for FG. Classic. Of course they missed. And the handshake between 2 coaches. More classic.

Tennessee program is getting more like Au.
They must tell whoever they hire to be obnoxious as hell. Act like a fool

Kicking a fg ... on last play...down 30?

I like the guy. He tells it how it is and does not apologize. It's very refreshing. He's recruiting his state very well and the talen they areshowing is the talent he's pulling. Burden and Nwerni are gonna do well for him. He's the only team that had a legit shot at beating Georgia this year due to his stud receiver, running back, and mobile quarterback.
So ur saying Tennessee has no shot at beating uga? Probably not!!!!
But...@.knoxville ....

While I agree. Its a place things can happen

And that surprises me, because those guys had played hard for him. Guys like Jimbo losing his team? Predictable... but for all his issues, those players at least like Pittman.
Being a Nashville Hockey fan, the Preds had Peter Laviolette coaching who took us to the Stanley Cup and the Playoffs rather consistently, he had two pretty bad years in a row and was out. Not because of the lack of success but because he lost the locker room. The players would run through a wall for him for a bit, but some messages run stale. Only so long guys can hear the same stuff, keep losing and continue to push hard for a coach.

Heuple down by 30 on last play. And going for FG. Classic. Of course they missed. And the handshake between 2 coaches. More classic.

Ha, yep. He's such a bitch. He and their baseball coach Vitello are 2 peas in a little bitch of a pod. Imagine if their basketball coach was Musselman...

TD or field goal, which is more likely to convert? Neither gets the win. He must have been thinking about the sixth-level tie breaker.

Being a Nashville Hockey fan, the Preds had Peter Laviolette coaching who took us to the Stanley Cup and the Playoffs rather consistently, he had two pretty bad years in a row and was out. Not because of the lack of success but because he lost the locker room. The players would run through a wall for him for a bit, but some messages run stale. Only so long guys can hear the same stuff, keep losing and continue to push hard for a coach.
Lavi is a good coach, but same thing happened to him in Philly

I wonder what went wrong with Jimbo? Is it a classic case of not adjusting your tactics? The guy was really solid at FSU from 2010-16 and then shit the bed afterwards.
When he called the presser to respond to CNS comments about ā€œbuying playersā€ and he called Saban the narcissist, that was his pot meet kettle moment!
As far as his time at FSU, after Winston left, he ran the program in the ground. He isnā€™t a very good HC/play caller without a top shelf talent at QB. Heā€™s also a condescending prick!!!

I don't get why Arkansas just quit against the barn from the opening whistle. They were coming off of an overtime road win at Florida. I mean, yeah Florida is awful, but still. The quit yesterday makes no sense at all

I wonder what went wrong with Jimbo? Is it a classic case of not adjusting your tactics? The guy was really solid at FSU from 2010-16 and then shit the bed afterwards.
Go back and look at those years again but in the lens of wins against whom. Seven years, gotta figure 80+ games, and I'd be willing to bet less than 10 of those wins came against teams that won 10 or more games those seasons. I'm thinking you'll find a lot of W's against seven and eight win teams. Bowl teams, but unranked teams.

Yep, he would be a guy to look at for sure.

For brothers, you two sure agree a lot.

Back
Top Bottom