| FTBL Senior Leadership... The most common thread of NC Calibre teams

Thinking back on all the teams that has won NC with CNS, the one thing that stands out is the Senior Class that decided to forgo the draft to win a NC.

We've had several do it & we've had at least one come real close ('16 Team lost to a senior laden Clemson team).

So, it is very interesting to me to see how this roster shakes up over the next week with those declaring for the draft. Who will hold off one more year to get better & win a NC like the 2020 team of seniors?

Thinking back on all the teams that has won NC with CNS, the one thing that stands out is the Senior Class that decided to forgo the draft to win a NC.

We've had several do it & we've had at least one come real close ('16 Team lost to a senior laden Clemson team).

So, it is very interesting to me to see how this roster shakes up over the next week with those declaring for the draft. Who will hold off one more year to get better & win a NC like the 2020 team of seniors?
Coming back paid hugh dividends for some of those coming back on 2020 team...massive dividends

I think this is extremely fluid situation. I could see where this would actually be a benefit of the NIL.

So many of these kids come from bad socioeconomic backgrounds and are looking for a way to help their family out of a poverty situation.

If a kid can make 250k in NIL and could buy his family a home, and come back to school to increase his draft status from second to first round money in the NFL. We are talking millions of dollars difference here. I look for Saban to have a hand on something like this and could use this to sell guys on returning that need to. I know nothing of Henry To'o'to back ground other than he is from out west, but he seems to me like he would benefit greatly from another year in the system. He has that Mark Barron kind of feel/vibe to me. Playing your way from second to first round money with a senior year to show off your talent.

I think this is extremely fluid situation. I could see where this would actually be a benefit of the NIL.

So many of these kids come from bad socioeconomic backgrounds and are looking for a way to help their family out of a poverty situation.

If a kid can make 250k in NIL and could buy his family a home, and come back to school to increase his draft status from second to first round money in the NFL. We are talking millions of dollars difference here. I look for Saban to have a hand on something like this and could use this to sell guys on returning that need to. I know nothing of Henry To'o'to back ground other than he is from out west, but he seems to me like he would benefit greatly from another year in the system. He has that Mark Barron kind of feel/vibe to me. Playing your way from second to first round money with a senior year to show off your talent.
Proven

Especially at Alabama. Has been for the last several years

Nick and staff (and every other staff in big time college football) have a real problem.

Bama signed 22 in 2018 (ranked 5th best class 247). 8 have moved on and one didn't enroll. 3 left early for the NFL

Bama signed 27 in 2019 and 12 have moved on as of today and we don't know which good players leave early for the NFL

Chances are you will not have very large senior class again due to the hurt feelings transfer portal.

Fans don't want to go see The King play the little sisters of the poor but they want the freshmen to just step in there and play like a season vet from day one. Your team gets better when the backups get snaps whether you want to watch or not.

You're going to be running up a hill each year trying to have 2 winning QB's on your roster because little Jimmy leaves due to no minutes

Nick and staff have to go looking for players in the portal to try and fill the really weak spots in his roster due to mistakes in his evaluations or players leaving for the NFL or just leaving

Trying to stay at the top will be more difficult than ever and I believe you will see some of very best teams have roller coaster years due to injuries that just can be overcome (see Bama NC/SECCG injuries.

They need to rethink that limit of 4 games for redshirt or just change to play 5 years. JMO but redshirting is a lost cause for your team but could be positive for the next team if your guy hits the portal.

To conclude this thing is just F up and I am not going into the pay for play deal. You can see that the barn is into buying off their seniors to play that 6th year hoping to avoid a complete collapse in 2022.

(see Bama NC/SECCG injuries.
And yet the GOAT still almost pulled it off. CNS has handled changes in the CF landscape better than anyone especially when it comes to talent. I expect he will navigate this one better than others as well. Heck to me he will be stronger because this gives him another roster management tool and we know he can recruit. Get rid of those that are good but not great and go pull some just as good or better from the portal. They will at least physically be more developed since they are not freshmen straight out of high school. Do not get me wrong I do not like the portal but CNS will say fine if those are the new rules I will play by them.

Nick and staff (and every other staff in big time college football) have a real problem.

Bama signed 22 in 2018 (ranked 5th best class 247). 8 have moved on and one didn't enroll. 3 left early for the NFL

Bama signed 27 in 2019 and 12 have moved on as of today and we don't know which good players leave early for the NFL

Chances are you will not have very large senior class again due to the hurt feelings transfer portal.

Fans don't want to go see The King play the little sisters of the poor but they want the freshmen to just step in there and play like a season vet from day one. Your team gets better when the backups get snaps whether you want to watch or not.

You're going to be running up a hill each year trying to have 2 winning QB's on your roster because little Jimmy leaves due to no minutes

Nick and staff have to go looking for players in the portal to try and fill the really weak spots in his roster due to mistakes in his evaluations or players leaving for the NFL or just leaving

Trying to stay at the top will be more difficult than ever and I believe you will see some of very best teams have roller coaster years due to injuries that just can be overcome (see Bama NC/SECCG injuries.

They need to rethink that limit of 4 games for redshirt or just change to play 5 years. JMO but redshirting is a lost cause for your team but could be positive for the next team if your guy hits the portal.

To conclude this thing is just F up and I am not going into the pay for play deal. You can see that the barn is into buying off their seniors to play that 6th year hoping to avoid a complete collapse in 2022.
I agree completely.
* it really pleases me that one of our down “roller coaster years” is still an appearance in the CFB national championship game.
This reinforces that Nick is one of, if not THE greatest of all time!

Na man... Rich gonna get richer.

Saban won't have to go looking to the portal. The portal will come looking for him. This year was Exhibit A, and there will be plenty of spots to fill, especially with the 1 time transfer opportunities.

Until Saban goes, this roster will continue to reload... Enjoy the ride!

Back
Top Bottom