| LIFE Self introspection time: How much of this do you find to be true?

100% spot on. Additionally there is a huge movement to bring about 1 world religion. I forget which ME country but they have built an enormous religious complex for Islam, Roman Catholicism, & Eastern Orthodoxy. The Patriarch of Constantinople (who increasingly acts as if he is our version of Pope) has held many ecumenical talks with the Pope. Maybe something big on the horizon as Easter & Pascha (our version of Easter) coincide in 2025 & the two are planning big celebrations.
Religious complex is in UAE. One world religious system, one currency, one government, all united under the world leader the anti-Christ. Wheels are in motion....

The removal of god, prayer, pledge of allegiance, etc I don’t believe is the reason for society being the way it is. You don’t have to believe in some deity to not be a shitty person.

You may think society has deteriorated since the removal of those things and maybe it has in some cases, but the world isn’t worse now nor is this country just because those things have been removed.

Almost daily you read of Pastors, Priests, Deacons, Youth Pastors, etc being in trouble for preying on women and children, so it could be said that the church has led in most cases to society’s deterioration. Westboro Baptist believes in the same god as you do and they’re terrible human beings

It’s also a person’s believe in god that leads them to discriminate against a large sector of our population (I’ve seen on it on here by “Christian’s”), so you’ll have to spare me the you guys have the moral high ground

Government programs that seek to supplant a two-parent household, or even incent against it, are an easily-quantified evil. You don't have to find a National Anthem/Pledge of Allegiance strawman to defend or attack it. Two parents - hedonist, atheist, agnostic, incoherent, distracted, committed, dedicated - are better than one. The world IS worse because of the decline of the two-parent family. I'm not sure where my kids would be if not for my loving wife. I presume your wife has played a pivotal role in your daughter's life.

You can always find humans who fail. Scoutmasters, pastors, drag queens, priests, man-boy cheerleaders, deacons, druids...the list goes on. No group is perfect.

Government programs that seek to supplant a two-parent household, or even incent against it, are an easily-quantified evil. You don't have to find a National Anthem/Pledge of Allegiance strawman to defend or attack it. Two parents - hedonist, atheist, agnostic, incoherent, distracted, committed, dedicated - are better than one. The world IS worse because of the decline of the two-parent family. I'm not sure where my kids would be if not for my loving wife. I presume your wife has played a pivotal role in your daughter's life.

You can always find humans who fail. Scoutmasters, pastors, drag queens, priests, man-boy cheerleaders, deacons, druids...the list goes on. No group is perfect.
Isn't this postmodernism? The subject of the video I posted?

When you fundamentally don't stand for any objective moral principles then you can be convinced...of anything.

From what? These moral principles. Where do they come from? A strawman argument about allegiance?

Family. God. Country.

That's me.

My ex wife did play a pivotal role in my both of my kids’ lives, but for my daughter she played such a pivotal role that they don’t have a relationship at all (I won’t get into it on a message board however), so in that case no a two parent household wasn’t better than one.

I agree a two parent household is better than one - I didn’t say it wasn’t. But, if that two parent household is full of trauma and abuse that isn’t better than a one parent household.

I agree humans fail and that you can find bad in all groups, but my point was/is if removing god has led to society being worse then there shouldn’t be any bad in pastors, priests, etc because of god

Here you go again. You don't know what my views are. I've shared a few views, but compared to Westboro? It's just like your use of "phobia." Unfounded, biased, and quite frankly, it's almost insulting. BUT, understand, I appreciate you sharing your views here.

Back to your post...

There has been a significant change in the educational system over the last half of a century. We're seeing it today. A portion of that is directly related to removing God from the classroom. No matter what form you may see God.

It is directly related to moral decisions.

If I'm wrong here, I apologize. I get the notion that a lot of your opinions are based on the "sect" you hang out with. Some of it, fashion.
If you don‘t share your views, but you decide to continuously comment to me questioning and ridiculing my views then one is going to come up with what they think your views are based on your comments and if you don‘t want somebody to do so then I’d suggest sharing your views with said person or that assumption will continue. It’s pretty simple. My views are widely known on here by all and why is that? Because I don’t hide them at all.

You obviously don’t read anything I write before commenting to me because I never compared you or anybody else to Westboro, I said they share your same belief in god.

The education system has changed you’re right, it’s become better, that’s not up for debate, the numbers prove that. A removal of a deity from the classroom has not made the education system worse because if that was the case schools like Liberty would be the best this country has to offer and that’s not even remotely close to the truth. I have zero problem with anybody believing in god whichever form that takes unless it’s being forced onto me or my family, if people don’t like that god has been removed from the classroom then they can go to a Christian school/college

You are wrong about what my opinions are based on. There is no “sect” nor fashion. Most of my friends are conservative (Wyoming isn’t some liberal bastion in case you didn’t know), my views are based on the world around me and education played a part in that, I went to school in Texas, Alabama, New Jersey, and Wyoming- liberal enclaves I know

I think it would be a good thing. Homosexuality is abnormal, degeneracy on display in public places.
It's a violation of the constitution. Just because a person doesn't agree with a view doesn't mean it needs to be silenced.

This all seems so basic to me but I see so many people getting caught up in the weeds.

It's a violation of the constitution. Just because a person doesn't agree with a view doesn't mean it needs to be silenced.

This all seems so basic to me but I see so many people getting caught up in the weeds.
The Homo Empire in DC will crush it. I don’t see where public display of degeneracy is protected in the constitution. Homosexuals are “in your face” with PDA. Heterosexuals can be as well and I find those just as distasteful.
Do you also find constitutional protections for someone making out with their pet in public (not sex)? As a libertarian do you find constitutional protections for bestiality or polygamy on private property or do you think lines must be drawn somewhere?

The Homo Empire in DC will crush it. I don’t see where public display of degeneracy is protected in the constitution. Homosexuals are “in your face” with PDA. Heterosexuals can be as well and I find those just as distasteful.
Do you also find constitutional protections for someone making out with their pet in public (not sex)? As a libertarian do you find constitutional protections for bestiality or polygamy on private property or do you think lines must be drawn somewhere?
You sank into some hyperbole here...

Free expression. Free will. Free speech.

Free will granted by God. Free expression and speech; by the constitution.

Beastiality? Come on, now.

Polygamy? Where is the victim? If you get down to the core here, it's discrimination on religious beliefs.

I totally agree about protesters being violent/in your face type of people on both sides that are the issue.
As far as the conflict now going on in the middle east, for the most part, it's those protesting against Israel that have been the issue. To be fair, those on the right who stormed the capitol did commit a crime...they, however , were hunted down immediately and most have received very stiff penalties. Then look how those who oppose Israel were allowed to have the same mob mentality inside the white house as well as defacing government property outside the Whitehouse, yet next to nothing has been done.
Look how the media as well as our judicial system have treated Trump vs Biden. Regardless of if you are Republican or Democrat, I don't think any of us, if we were on trial for a crime, would want to be judged solely on our political views.
Who of us would want to be treated and graded in a college/university solely because of our political views.
Look at how Christian's and right leaning speakers are treated by schools and the media vs those who have left leaning views.
And who the hell thinks that our school systems are better off now then in the past. SAT scores, down...math and reading rates, down ..But that's what happens when schools put most of their emphasis on proper pronoun usage and having drag shows. Meanwhile, coaches and teachers can be fired for leading prayer or talking about their faith. They would definitely be fired if they told their class that they believed that homosexuality and cross dressing were wrong.

My ex wife did play a pivotal role in my both of my kids’ lives, but for my daughter she played such a pivotal role that they don’t have a relationship at all (I won’t get into it on a message board however), so in that case no a two parent household wasn’t better than one.

I agree a two parent household is better than one - I didn’t say it wasn’t. But, if that two parent household is full of trauma and abuse that isn’t better than a one parent household.

I agree humans fail and that you can find bad in all groups, but my point was/is if removing god has led to society being worse then there shouldn’t be any bad in pastors, priests, etc because of god
Any time humans are involved, there will be failings.

If you don‘t share your views, but you decide to continuously comment to me questioning and ridiculing my views then one is going to come up with what they think your views are based on your comments and if you don‘t want somebody to do so then I’d suggest sharing your views with said person or that assumption will continue. It’s pretty simple. My views are widely known on here by all and why is that? Because I don’t hide them at all.
That's fair. Except for "ridiculing." My inability to follow your thought process on some things, which results in questions, isn't ridiculing your thoughts. I love sarcasm.

My views on things evolve. I'm not a "I know who I'm going to vote for" kind of guy. IE: After 9/11 when HMS was pushing all this surveillance. I was in a position of, "I get it, but I don't like where it might go." Now, I don't get it. The "phobia" I had came true.

Fundamentally, we don't disagree on a lot of things. I do see a difference. Where I question, you opine. That's a good thing. I'll guarantee you there a larger chance of you changing my mind than me changing yours. The thing is I don't care to change your opinion; just understand where it comes from.

You obviously don’t read anything I write before commenting to me because I never compared you or anybody else to Westboro, I said they share your same belief in god
You just said I believe in the "same god as those from Westboro." You literally just looped me in to that group. And no, they don't share the same belief I have in God.
The education system has changed you’re right, it’s become better, that’s not up for debate, the numbers prove that. A removal of a deity from the classroom has not made the education system worse because if that was the case schools like Liberty would be the best this country has to offer and that’s not even remotely close to the truth. I have zero problem with anybody believing in god whichever form that takes unless it’s being forced onto me or my family, if people don’t like that god has been removed from the classroom then they can go to a Christian school/college
The educational system is better, and it's not up for debate? Look at the test scores. Tell me how it is better. Teachers more interested in pronouns vs punctuation? Yeah. Irony, and a pun.

Overall, you are still missing the point. I am not pointing specifically to prayer, God, or anything of that notion. What I am pointing to is humanism.
You are wrong about what my opinions are based on. There is no “sect” nor fashion. Most of my friends are conservative (Wyoming isn’t some liberal bastion in case you didn’t know), my views are based on the world around me and education played a part in that, I went to school in Texas, Alabama, New Jersey, and Wyoming- liberal enclaves I know
I find some of your comments to be ... it's an echo chamber. Repeating lines.

I'll ask this again. Whether it's Palestinian, Arab, no matter whom. Their fundamental faith, which is why we're seeing this war, says you should not be alive. Your daughter? Would be killed. You? Killed. This is a fundamental principle in the Islam religion.

You sank into some hyperbole here...

Free expression. Free will. Free speech.

Free will granted by God. Free expression and speech; by the constitution.

Beastiality? Come on, now.

Polygamy? Where is the victim? If you get down to the core here, it's discrimination on religious beliefs.
What you call hyperbole many call a slippery slope. Where does a society draw the line? Wherever it may be some on the other side of the argument consider it an infringement. You would have Muslims & Fundamentalist Mormons with multiple wives? This is where a libertarian mindset shows it’s libertine roots.

What you call hyperbole many call a slippery slope. Where does a society draw the line? Wherever it may be some on the other side of the argument consider it an infringement. You would have Muslims & Fundamentalist Mormons with multiple wives? This is where a libertarian mindset shows it’s libertine roots.
There are lines to be drawn. No doubt.

The things you've mentioned here...there is no right, in my opinion, for me to judge those. Take some of the radicalism we're seeing. I don't agree with it; they have every right to their voice.

(The multiple wives thing throws me. Where is the victim?)

I'm of the opinion that things that make you uncomfortable are good things.

That's fair. Except for "ridiculing." My inability to follow your thought process on some things, which results in questions, isn't ridiculing your thoughts. I love sarcasm.

My views on things evolve. I'm not a "I know who I'm going to vote for" kind of guy. IE: After 9/11 when HMS was pushing all this surveillance. I was in a position of, "I get it, but I don't like where it might go." Now, I don't get it. The "phobia" I had came true.

Fundamentally, we don't disagree on a lot of things. I do see a difference. Where I question, you opine. That's a good thing. I'll guarantee you there a larger chance of you changing my mind than me changing yours. The thing is I don't care to change your opinion; just understand where it comes from.

You just said I believe in the "same god as those from Westboro." You literally just looped me in to that group. And no, they don't share the same belief I have in God.

The educational system is better, and it's not up for debate? Look at the test scores. Tell me how it is better. Teachers more interested in pronouns vs punctuation? Yeah. Irony, and a pun.

Overall, you are still missing the point. I am not pointing specifically to prayer, God, or anything of that notion. What I am pointing to is humanism.

I find some of your comments to be ... it's an echo chamber. Repeating lines.

I'll ask this again. Whether it's Palestinian, Arab, no matter whom. Their fundamental faith, which is why we're seeing this war, says you should not be alive. Your daughter? Would be killed. You? Killed. This is a fundamental principle in the Islam religion.
Sorry I’m just responding I’ve taken on a cold/flu/ear infection thing.

Maybe the use of ridiculing might’ve been the wrong choice of word.

I am a “I know who I‘m going to vote for” kind of guy for the most part, i.e 2024. During a primary like 2020 I wasn’t sure who I was going to vote for.

We agree on 9/11 and the ensuing taking away rights thing. I knew the government would use it to further deteriorate our rights and sadly I, too turned out to be correct.

I, too see a difference in our views, I’m left on a lot of positions where you’re not. I don’t care to change your opinion either. I enjoy the debate we have.

The education system is better now than it ever was (minus the stupid Bush no child left behind act), teachers aren’t more interested in pronouns, that’s a ONN/Fox News/ Desantis/ right wing boogeyman idea, back to their “woke agenda” stupidity. If teachers were really like that there’d only be left students graduating in this country and that just isn’t the case. Hell my own son is right leaning on most things.

What I meant by the Westboro thing is they say they believe in the same god as you and every other Christian from the same book, they believe in the teachings from the exact same bible as every other Christian.

In some areas of the world my family and I would be killed, that’s not a fundamental belief of Islam just like what I said about you talking to a Palestinan I’d suggest you go to a mosque and talk to people there instead of believing everything you read and hear. But, on the lines of killing my family and I because of my daughter’s sexual orientation there is some in this country that would kill at least her for the same damn thing if it was legal, so please tell me the difference between Islam and Christianity in this country….there are people on the right that believe that very thing

What I meant by the Westboro thing is they say they believe in the same god as you and every other Christian from the same book, they believe in the teachings from the exact same bible as every other Christian.
But. We don't. That's what I see you missing. Just as an example, take AA. "Deity" isn't defined. It's accepted, realized, in many forms.

I mentioned in another conversation that I'd taught a class on the Native American's religious beliefs: as a student. I don't ascribe to the beliefs that my God is different from another's God. This goes back to a principle belief I've espoused on many occasions. We're all individuals: you can't group society. God doesn't judge me on my race, or who I support. He judges on my beliefs.

Faith is a hard concept to understand.
The education system is better now than it ever was (minus the stupid Bush no child left behind act), teachers aren’t more interested in pronouns, that’s a ONN/Fox News/ Desantis/ right wing boogeyman idea, back to their “woke agenda” stupidity. If teachers were really like that there’d only be left students graduating in this country and that just isn’t the case. Hell my own son is right leaning on most things.
I was being hyperbolic. But, every good joke has an element of truth.

The statement the educational system is better than it ever was is bullshit. Let me bring AJ McCarron into this conversation.

Look at the scoreboard.

Test scores.
In some areas of the world my family and I would be killed, that’s not a fundamental belief of Islam just like what I said about you talking to a Palestinan I’d suggest you go to a mosque and talk to people there instead of believing everything you read and hear. But, on the lines of killing my family and I because of my daughter’s sexual orientation there is some in this country that would kill at least her for the same damn thing if it was legal, so please tell me the difference between Islam and Christianity in this country….there are people on the right that believe that very thing
This is an ironic statement considering how sexual preferences are viewed in Tel Aviv.

While the Jewish nation, and their beliefs, don't care. The Islamic faith considers it a moral sin. I see a difference.

While the Jewish nation, and their beliefs, don't care. The Islamic faith considers it a moral sin. I see a difference.
To be perfectly clear here @ElephantStomp

God gives us free will for a reason. I have no right to ridicule decisions made by others. He gave them that right. You made the choice, shit happens. Fuck around, find out.

I have to stop. Breathe. I may not like what someone says, or believes, but that's where it ends.

I'm not vandalizing government buildings. :devilish:

But. We don't. That's what I see you missing. Just as an example, take AA. "Deity" isn't defined. It's accepted, realized, in many forms.

I mentioned in another conversation that I'd taught a class on the Native American's religious beliefs: as a student. I don't ascribe to the beliefs that my God is different from another's God. This goes back to a principle belief I've espoused on many occasions. We're all individuals: you can't group society. God doesn't judge me on my race, or who I support. He judges on my beliefs.

Faith is a hard concept to understand.

I was being hyperbolic. But, every good joke has an element of truth.

The statement the educational system is better than it ever was is bullshit. Let me bring AJ McCarron into this conversation.

Look at the scoreboard.

Test scores.

This is an ironic statement considering how sexual preferences are viewed in Tel Aviv.

But, you do both believe in the same god, if you believe in the same one in every Christian bible then y’all do believe in the same one

Oh you can group society when they all believe in the same thing, you can group Christians together if they in fact believe in the same god that is in the bible, you can group all pro lifers together, you can group all pro choice people together, etc etc etc.

Faith isn’t hard a hard concept to understand, well I take that back, it’s hard for people like me to understand the belief in a being without proof, but I don’t ridicule those that believe in any god.

Then Jews are better than Christians. At least in this country.

You’re right Islamic faith may view it that way, but so does Christianity at least according to the many “Christians” on here and the many “christian” churches of SBC and such. So, to summarize you’re trying to talk bad about the Islamic faith in regards to sexual preference, but the Christian faith believes the same shit you’re saying Islam does

Back
Top Bottom