| MBB/WBB đźŹ€đźŹ† SEC/NCAA Bracketology: 2020-'21 : Lundardi's Latest: BAMA as a 6 seed

Seems like people that know way more than I do about basketball feels good about this team. Still hope they find something down the stretch and into the SEC tournament. Feels like they still need an above .500 conference record but what do I know. Next 4 games I expect 2-2 simply based on home and away split. Of course Vandy is getting healthy just in time for us to make that trip so can't can't count on that game.

Seems like people that know way more than I do about basketball feels good about this team. Still hope they find something down the stretch and into the SEC tournament. Feels like they still need an above .500 conference record but what do I know. Next 4 games I expect 2-2 simply based on home and away split. Of course Vandy is getting healthy just in time for us to make that trip so can't can't count on that game.

Alabama has shown they can play. You beat Gonzaga, Baylor, and Houston within a month...you're showing your abilities. It wasn't a fluke, it was probably the ceiling of this team as we've shown the floor can be losing to Georgia and Missouri. The thing is, everyone is losing, and some like Auburn and Baylor within the same week where they go winless. I am a little shocked seeing us as a five seed as we've played bad lately, but I don't even see us as a fringe team because we have ahown we belong. We're a tournament team that gets one or two wins in my eyes. Or if we figure out our issues and just play ball I could see us in the Elite 8. We gotta play for forty minutes though. We have shown we can play with anybody, had Auburn and Kentucky both close, twice, but failed in the secind half.

Feels like they still need an above .500 conference record but what do I know.
10 years ago I'd be 100% with you. In the last five to seven years, no. If you look back over the tournament records you'll see conference records really don't mean as much as they used to mean when it comes to at-large invitations. Look at Oklahoma. Lunardi has the Sooners as one of his last four byes: 4-10 conference record.

Another thing you'll notice is the committee pays more attention to wins in Q1 than they do with the losses: a team that's 5-6 in Q1 and they are concentrating on the five wins.

10 years ago I'd be 100% with you. In the last five to seven years, no. If you look back over the tournament records you'll see conference records really don't mean as much as they used to mean when it comes to at-large invitations. Look at Oklahoma. Lunardi has the Sooners as one of his last four byes: 4-10 conference record.

Another thing you'll notice is the committee pays more attention to wins in Q1 than they do with the losses: a team that's 5-6 in Q1 and they are concentrating on the five wins.
Yeah I guess I do not have a full appreciation for the impact of the Q1 wins. I just see a team struggle on the court and base it on what I am seeing. We are really playing .500 ball since start of SEC play. Not great in my view.

SEC standings with with 4 games left... One of those coveted top four seeds for the SEC tournament is pretty much hopeless now, but still several teams fighting for more favorable day 2 seeding in Orlando… Also listing Bama’s final remaining games…

2E496EB8-3D15-425F-B87B-148962BD034D.jpeg

6D54C1AF-2053-47F5-919C-7ABA911CD1C6.jpeg

Without doing the math, I don't think this is right (5-10.)

FMDVxA-X0AAEFtq

Bama needs another win or maybe two of these 4 games. 25 games into the season and Nate is still trying to talk them into playing hard.
Maybe stop playing kids that are not giving effort? I think there is more to it than that personally that is just an easy thing to say. I am sure there is some truth but again sit them and if your not why not?

To me this reflects so poorly on the players on not buying in. We have four games left in the regular season and guys still don't understand the concept of giving 100% effort for 40 minutes. Guess the staff has to share blame too since they can't get them motivated. This season has been a mess since Memphis.

But is it effort or coaching when you have three guys watching a ball come off the rim and then the opponent comes from outside those three to hammer home a put back, multiple times a game?

Back
Top Bottom