| MBB/WBB đź“ş NCAA Selection Sunday Show: 6 PM ET on CBS (and streaming.) ~~ Alabama #1 Overall Seed.

Doesn't really matter big picture wise (it does matter on ticket supply/demand), but auburn getting a slot in B'ham was one hell of a gift and a middle finger to Houston. IMO, Texas A&M was seeded too low as well... but maybe next time they'll either beef up their OOC schedule, or not drop so many to the mediocre teams that they did schedule.

Man, I gotta say, Purdue got a hell of an easier bracket than we did, in my opinion that east region is really weak.

Let's get ready for our next opponent and get moving forward!

Was just looking at that and thinking that myself. Arizona and Baylor are ultra-athletic, so we got a bad draw there. Virginia is another team that can play. Pretty sure all three of those teams were Top 5 at some point this year.

Didn’t Buzz Williams have some pretty harsh words for the selection committee last year after not making the cut? Perhaps they made a gesture to show him they remember?
Yea, they commented as much when they got that selection and its in a few articles I've read. Kinda petty IMO but whatever, I absolutely hate TAMU's style of european soccer/basketball with flopping all over the court and screaming for fouls as much as humanly possible. We must've had 4-5 phantom fouls yesterday and two random ass technicals that shouldn't have been called. Buzz was almost past half-court a few times, not sure the TV could pick that up but if anyone was out of the box more, it was him not CNO. He also spent the better part of the first half talking with the official that got Brandon Miller for 2 charges and got Clowney for the 2 ghost fouls in the 2nd half.

Doesn't really matter big picture wise (it does matter on ticket supply/demand), but auburn getting a slot in B'ham was one hell of a gift and a middle finger to Houston. IMO, Texas A&M was seeded too low as well... but maybe next time they'll either beef up their OOC schedule, or not drop so many to the mediocre teams that they did schedule.
The thing about Houston's location is they (NCAA committee) are following their own set of guidelines: Houston is in the closest location (to their home) by playing in Birmingham. They (Houston) are a little over 900 from Des Moines, a little over, 1000 miles from Denver or a little over 650 from Birmingham. Should they have put Auburn in a different city? There's an argument.

Considering A&M's OOC schedule and the bad losses they suffered are they seeded to low? The committee has always frowned on weak OOC games.

I'm of the opinion that while the SECT win by Bama secured the overall #1 seed, the tourney did nothing for A&M. As stated by one of the committee members, most of the seeding was completed by Saturday evening.

Back
Top Bottom