| FTBL Saban addresses team matters...

I

imported_Porter

Thread Starter
BamaFan14 said:
So I guess Jamar is gone...I thought he was going to be a good one...so who do you think is going to take his scholarship spot

Vlachos would be my guess. He was given the green light a week or so ago, and there is a good chance that was Jamar's spot.
 

reger60

Scholarship Club
Porterhouse said:
BamaFan14 said:
So I guess Jamar is gone...I thought he was going to be a good one...so who do you think is going to take his scholarship spot

Vlachos would be my guess. He was given the green light a week or so ago, and there is a good chance that was Jamar's spot.

I'd agree with that.
 
I

imported_Porter

Thread Starter
BamaFan14 said:
So, I'm assuming that there aren't any problems with the number of scholarships that we have out right now? I was thinking that we were a few over

They way things appear, we are still a few over, but it will get worked out.
 

Argo

Scholarship Club
reger60 said:
Porterhouse said:
BamaFan14 said:
So I guess Jamar is gone...I thought he was going to be a good one...so who do you think is going to take his scholarship spot

Vlachos would be my guess. He was given the green light a week or so ago, and there is a good chance that was Jamar's spot.

I'd agree with that.

I'm not sure about this, but I heard Vlachos was given Barnes spot. Have you guys heard anything different?
 
I

imported_Porter

Thread Starter
Argo said:
reger60 said:
Porterhouse said:
BamaFan14 said:
So I guess Jamar is gone...I thought he was going to be a good one...so who do you think is going to take his scholarship spot

Vlachos would be my guess. He was given the green light a week or so ago, and there is a good chance that was Jamar's spot.

I'd agree with that.

I'm not sure about this, but I heard Vlachos was given Barnes spot. Have you guys heard anything different?

I don't know for sure, and it would be difficult to figure out Saban's pecking order. There are 4 or 5 guys that need to be squeezed in though, and since Vlachos was a gray-shirt signee, his getting the call makes me think a plan might have already been in place for the others. I would assume that if he got Barnes' spot, he would have announced it a while back. I'm probably wrong though... :lol:
 

Argo

Scholarship Club
Porterhouse said:
Argo said:
reger60 said:
Porterhouse said:
BamaFan14 said:
So I guess Jamar is gone...I thought he was going to be a good one...so who do you think is going to take his scholarship spot

Vlachos would be my guess. He was given the green light a week or so ago, and there is a good chance that was Jamar's spot.

I'd agree with that.

I'm not sure about this, but I heard Vlachos was given Barnes spot. Have you guys heard anything different?

I don't know for sure, and it would be difficult to figure out Saban's pecking order. There are 4 or 5 guys that need to be squeezed in though, and since Vlachos was a gray-shirt signee, his getting the call makes me think a plan might have already been in place for the others. I would assume that if he got Barnes' spot, he would have announced it a while back. I'm probably wrong though... :lol:

I read it on BOL, so it's probably safe to say you are closer than they are.
 
I

imported_Porter

Thread Starter
Argo said:
Porterhouse said:
Argo said:
reger60 said:
Porterhouse said:
BamaFan14 said:
So I guess Jamar is gone...I thought he was going to be a good one...so who do you think is going to take his scholarship spot

Vlachos would be my guess. He was given the green light a week or so ago, and there is a good chance that was Jamar's spot.

I'd agree with that.

I'm not sure about this, but I heard Vlachos was given Barnes spot. Have you guys heard anything different?

I don't know for sure, and it would be difficult to figure out Saban's pecking order. There are 4 or 5 guys that need to be squeezed in though, and since Vlachos was a gray-shirt signee, his getting the call makes me think a plan might have already been in place for the others. I would assume that if he got Barnes' spot, he would have announced it a while back. I'm probably wrong though... :lol:

I read it on BOL, so it's probably safe to say you are closer than they are.

There's really no telling. There are probably only about 10-12 people who know for sure what in the hell is going on in terms of the numbers. Bottom line, one way or another, BAMA will get down to 85, and those 85 will include Vlachos, Hanks, and Farmer at the very least... and likely even Griffin and Ricks as well.
 
I

imported_Porter

Thread Starter
BamaFan14 said:
Is Ricks close to making to grades? That would be awesome, I think he would atleast be in the rotation

The coaches are expecting him to join the team in August. He will certainly be in the rotation, and possibly starting before long.
 
Top Bottom