| FTBL Former Georgia Standout Suggests Conspiracy Theory Regarding Nick Saban’s Retirement

UA history, as most know, we were denied 3 peat twice. 1966 team denied due to segregation. 1977 team totally screwed in favor of the golden dongers. ND's loss that year was to Ole Miss 20-13. UA beat the Rebels that year 34-13...still pissed about this one.... #5 ND who beat #1 Texas in Cotton Bowl vaulted # 2 UA who demolished OSU 35-6 in Sugar Bowl.
IIRC, I remember that Bama was #3 before the Bowl Games (#1 Texas lost to nd, and #2 Oklahoma lost to Arkansas). In my book (which accounts for nothing) Bama should have been declared National Champs.

ROLL TIDE ANYWAY!

That's incorrect, Rickey.

How is Army in the '40's disputed for not being unanimous? Or Minnesota?
I'm sorry I only will from 1950 till present. Because ND and Army both had back to back titles. Did you know Kentucky was awarded a title for their 1950 season? So that means Coach Bryant also has 7 titles to his name.

I'm sorry I only will from 1950 till present. Because ND and Army both had back to back titles. Did you know Kentucky was awarded a title for their 1950 season? So that means Coach Bryant also has 7 titles to his name.
@TerryP

Kentucky lost 1 game in 50....to Tennessee...0-7 ..had 6-7 shutouts...
Beat #1 Oklahoma in sugar bowl......
Sagarins... Puts KY at #1
Tennessee also clains #1 that year because they beat KY and played a tougher schedule
OK claims most #1s because voters put them #1 before bowls.AP n UPI NCs

So is KYs any different than bamas #1 in 1941?

@TerryP

Tennessee also clains #1 that year because they beat KY and played a tougher schedule

You missed the gist of the comment, "bruh."

He asked if I knew about Bryant at Kentucky. Bruh. He asked me if I knew about Bryant and Kentucky. Bruh.

I only pay attention to Rupp when it comes to Kentucky in that era. :rolleyes:

Now, where is my freakin' lighter? Bet I left it in the Caddy.

You missed the gist of the comment, "bruh."

He asked if I knew about Bryant at Kentucky. Bruh. He asked me if I knew about Bryant and Kentucky. Bruh.

I only pay attention to Rupp when it comes to Kentucky in that era. :rolleyes:

Now, where is my freakin' lighter? Bet I left it in the Caddy.
Looks like i got "bruh - ed" even though i dont know what it means....
Just filling in facts of KY-1950-football...

@TerryP

The thing is, it Kentucky didn't get this till about 10 years ago. Also, we know back then the bowl games were a gift to the players for a winning record. Today it all about the BIG $$$$!

Back
Top Bottom