| FTBL “It is an Honor and a Privilege to announce that I am committed to the University of Alabama!

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
“It is an Honor and a Privilege to announce that I am committed to the University of Alabama!”
1688087606897.png

Alabama continues to add defensive line talent in its 2024 recruiting class.

On Wednesday, Isaia Molofaha Faga, a defensive lineman from Central-Phenix City, became the ninth overall member. In his social media announcement, the three-star decommitted from Utah before ending with a “Roll Tide.”

“(Utah) made me feel as though I am a valued member of the Ute Family. But after a change of heart my family and I have decided to decommit from the University of Utah. Thank You! ... From my Papa and Grandma, Pa and Tutu, my sisters, aunties, uncles, cousins and close friends thank you for all the unconditional love and support. Thank you Coach Nix, Coach Hat, Coach Mitchell, Coach Lyles and teammates for the time and patience you guys put me into me.

“It is an Honor and a Privilege to announce that I am committed to the University of Alabama,” Faga wrote.

Faga committed to Utah in December before receiving an offer from Auburn and attending Texas’ junior day. Faga was part of a 10-3 Red Devils squad under coach Patrick Nix, losing to Auburn High in the playoffs.

The Tide offered on March 4 during its Junior Day and Faga was in Tuscaloosa earlier this month. He’s listed at 6-foot-2, 275 pounds on 247Sports and is a three-star Composite prospect.

Faga was the first rising senior to commit to Alabama in 25 days, a rare for most teams during a usually-robust summer signing period. But as shown last year, Nick Saban and co. have shown they can pull off commitments in waves, like after a dormant summer and a fast finish to the No. 1 class in 2023.

Alabama has four pure defensive commits for this incoming class: Faga, Mobile Christian edge Sterling Dixon, Parker defensive lineman Jeremiah Beman and North Carolina four-star linebacker Cayden Jones. Five-star Jaylen Mbakwe from Clay Chalkville is listed as an athlete.

The Tide’s class is currently ranked 26th overall and 10th in the Southeastern Conference. Five of the Tide’s nine recruits are in-state prospects.

Back
Top Bottom