| FTBL Realistic expectations for the SECCG

7 Sacks.... I don't think it's much more risky :ROFLMAO:
You’re so right but I doubt they game planned thinking they’d give up 7 sacks. If it’s not in the game plan, they don’t rep it and if they don’t rep it in practice they won’t typically call it in a game. Don’t get me wrong … anything would have been better than what the offense ran the first three quarters. I was just offering my opinion on why we haven’t seen many screens this whole season. One more thing we all know … this Oline won’t solve the multitude of problems they’ve presented all season in one week. So, against Georgia, Young is going to have to release the ball more quickly … either to his check down … or in throwing it away.

I have no idea what this means.
I think he is saying if you are so confident that it will not be close he is sure you will not miss putting money on it. So place a bet and win a bunch of money to pay of you debts...

So, against Georgia, Young is going to have to release the ball more quickly … either to his check down … or in throwing it away.
He will have to get the ball out quick but if you do that enough the secondary will sit on the short throws so you will have to go over the top some. Unfortunate that Robinson got hurt because we cannot just abandon the run. I do believe some WR screens, RB Screents, TE screens are going to be needed to slow down the pash rush. However another thought might be to take some early shots to show UGA that we are not afraid to do so.

Bama has to play aggressive. Bama is not Vanderbilt and despite what people are saying UGA is not the 2011 Bama (or as some have said 85 bears). I love it when people talk up the opponent as being unbeatable.

I don't see a Georgia offense that's going to score 35 points on us. This game will be a low score game, The difference is which defense gives up the most big plays. Bryce will be harassed all day, I have grown to expect that. The memo is out that our O line is weak on the right side. We have a better chance than most think. Just my 2 cents. The question will be if we can beat them twice.
I smell what you’re cooking and believe we can win but the players must believe it. Can bOb call a game that can beat ga? And, can we execute and not drop perfectly thrown balls?

Stetson’s most passing yards in a game in 2020? Bama. Only surpassed it once this year, against UAB by 19 yards. But, his 3 INTs last year were the most he’s thrown in a game in his career. He’s only thrown 5 all year so far. We better start ball-hawking this week. I think we’ve only got 13 all season. It’s been a down year given our secondary struggles. We’re going to have to have some picks to win this game.

Good that Dallas Turner has picked it up. Need someone to get to the QB when if or when 31 gets double teamed. With the UGA egos they will start trying to block him one on one and challenge their OL to block him. If that works will be a problem for Bama.

You’re so right but I doubt they game planned thinking they’d give up 7 sacks. If it’s not in the game plan, they don’t rep it and if they don’t rep it in practice they won’t typically call it in a game. Don’t get me wrong … anything would have been better than what the offense ran the first three quarters. I was just offering my opinion on why we haven’t seen many screens this whole season. One more thing we all know … this Oline won’t solve the multitude of problems they’ve presented all season in one week. So, against Georgia, Young is going to have to release the ball more quickly … either to his check down … or in throwing it away.
I see what you're saying and that may be the case. I guess my retort would be that after watching this OL block over the last month or so, if the 'O' Staff didn't see potential issues with pass protection and a need to rep a screen or two, maybe the issues are bigger than we thought!

I'm expecting a few screens and some Milroe on Saturday... At least hoping so!

UGA is going to do things to our OL that the squeamish shouldn't watch. Bama is going to have to get the ball out quick, and it's a shame our screen game sucks (as it would certainly be helpful come Saturday). Being down to 1 scholarship RB (and a guy who is about 85% at that), is less than ideal. Will they do some other things out of the backfield? Will they even try to use the Milroe package some? Will they have designed runs for Bryce for the first time all year? Will the scripted plays be more designed to attack and score early or feel out the UGA defense for adjustments? Bama can't afford stupid mistakes or penalties, which has plagued the team all season. Special teams needs their A game, not their usual D+ game. I know Will Anderson will do his job, can the others replicate their intensity and play from the auburn game and do theirs? Can the DL play their best game of the season?

Saban usually has his team ready in spots like this. He also will usually play pretty aggressively (think about the fakes he's run in big games). The pressure is on UGA, and for once, not on this young Bama team who doesn't seem to handle it well going into games. Hopefully playing loose will equal less mistakes. It is concerning that Bama has played 3 physical games in a row while UGA has played powderpuff teams the last 2 weeks. But, UGA isn't as battle tested as Bama either. Will they play tight if the game is close in the 4th quarter? In the end, I don't expect Bama to win... just too many issues to overcome, and UGA's defense is that good (and their offense doesn't get enough credit). But, Alabama absolutely has a puncher's chance. They just have to connect... and if anyone can, it's Saban and his guys.

Sorry about all the questions.

This, to me is THE most important point. BY will get harassed all night but, he WILL make plays. The recievers just can't have those crucial momentum and drive killing drops. Everything else is like inventing the wheel or discovering fire. We have what we have. The O-line is what it is. The defense looked much better against the barn but, their offense was terrible. I think we keep Georgia around 24-28 points. Can the offense generate enough grunt to get us over that mark? Not if the recievers drop the easy ones. Just my opinion. All that said, not any other coach I would rather have to take what we have a prepare for an SECCG. BAMA 27 Georgia 24.
I smell what you’re cooking and believe we can win but the players must believe it. Can bOb call a game that can beat ga? And, can we execute and not drop perfectly thrown balls?
Sorry. Not smart enough to know how to place the quote where I wanted it.

I'm curious to know where all the people that ripped my ass all year when talking about this Georgia defense and how I was delusional, and now most think we get smoked this weekend.

I still think we keep it close, if not win it VERY close.

I'm curious to know where all the people that ripped my ass all year when talking about this Georgia defense and how I was delusional, and now most think we get smoked this weekend.

As I recall you used to be a UGA fan. I think you still have some of that tainted stuff in your core and may even be pulling for them just a little bit. Can't fully exercise all of those demons from your youth. Just messing with you of course maybe :).

One other point our offense has gotten worse with injuries so maybe it is more about Bama than the puppies D.

BTW read my posts I do not think we get smoked.

Last edited:
As I recall you used to be a UGA fan. I think you still have some of that tainted stuff in your core and may even be pulling for them just a little bit. Can't fully exercise all of those demons from your youth. Just messing with you of course maybe :).

BTW read my posts I do not think we get smoked.

Ha, no way. I was done with them the moment I got my acceptance letter. I just know the program and the fanbase is all. Too many homers hereto admit Georgia finally had something we didn't this year was the problem.

Let's just hope they pull a Wisconsin from last week against Minnesota.

Ha, no way. I was done with them the moment I got my acceptance letter. I just know the program and the fanbase is all. Too many homers hereto admit Georgia finally had something we didn't this year was the problem.

Let's just hope they pull a Wisconsin from last week against Minnesota.
BTW I edited my post from what you replied to with the following

"One other point our offense has gotten worse with injuries so maybe it is more about Bama than the puppies D."

I have never said the puppies D is not good. I did however believe the productivity the Bama offense had shown up until LSU would be able to score against them. I thought the LSU game was an outlier and then the pathetic display we saw in the iron bowl happened. All of this to say maybe peoples opinion has not changed as much on the UGA D as it has on our offense.

BTW I edited my post from what you replied to with the following

"One other point our offense has gotten worse with injuries so maybe it is more about Bama than the puppies D."

I have never said the puppies D is not good. I did however believe the productivity the Bama offense had shown up until LSU would be able to score against them. I thought the LSU game was an outlier and then the pathetic display we saw in the iron bowl happened. All of this to say maybe peoples opinion has not changed as much on the UGA D as it has on our offense.

Exactly, and that's where people are wrong. So if they do beat us, will it be "well our offense" or will there be credit given? We have a tendency to lower ourselves rather than saying someone else is actually better. In most years under Saban, that would be correct as we simply do not lose often at all, and it's us beating ourselves. Texas A&M was a game where we beat ourselves. Their quarterback played the game of his life, but we still see major instances where we did not play well at all. This year as a whole...we haven't been as good. We deserved to lose the Auburn and LSU games.

I've been there with you but it had more to do with my stance on OUR Defense. It looks like it has improved last week. They did play better with exceptions to a few long passes (that is Saban's system of man coverage & AU did make some great catches).

But when LSU powered through our OL it got to be a real concern PLUS we are down to 1.5 RB's. Bryce Young can only do so much.

For me, it comes down to this.... Did the Iron Bowl help this team turn a corner in maturity? There are a few indicators that may reflect this as follows:

1st. The Defense did play fast & I do not recall any blatant blown assignments. Sound gap control & good pass defense. Good tackling other than Jobe's slip before their only regulation TD. Slips on turf happen & I damn sure guarantee he is going to be working his butt off this week to make sure of his footing.

2nd. The Offensive Line got flat out b!tch slapped on Saturday until some guys got replaced. Owens came in & did great (perhaps his benching caused him to get it together). Dalcourt may still be gimpy but his replacement did great. And this is the first game they are playing where they know they are in for a fight for their life. Which leads me to point 3.

3rd. Unfortunately, this team's immaturity has really affected it's ability to get better as the season has progressed. I get the impression that this team has played to their competition. Ole Miss was a great game. So was Miami. Both games we weren't sloppy. All the rest not so much & that is a reflection of practice. If that team that played Ole Miss can show up against Jawja, I like our chances much more. IF these guys can follow CNS lead this week, I like our chances even more! Hopefully, this team will turn the corner this week in practice.

I've been there with you but it had more to do with my stance on OUR Defense. It looks like it has improved last week. They did play better with exceptions to a few long passes (that is Saban's system of man coverage & AU did make some great catches).

But when LSU powered through our OL it got to be a real concern PLUS we are down to 1.5 RB's. Bryce Young can only do so much.

For me, it comes down to this.... Did the Iron Bowl help this team turn a corner in maturity? There are a few indicators that may reflect this as follows:

1st. The Defense did play fast & I do not recall any blatant blown assignments. Sound gap control & good pass defense. Good tackling other than Jobe's slip before their only regulation TD. Slips on turf happen & I damn sure guarantee he is going to be working his butt off this week to make sure of his footing.

2nd. The Offensive Line got flat out b!tch slapped on Saturday until some guys got replaced. Owens came in & did great (perhaps his benching caused him to get it together). Dalcourt may still be gimpy but his replacement did great. And this is the first game they are playing where they know they are in for a fight for their life. Which leads me to point 3.

3rd. Unfortunately, this team's immaturity has really affected it's ability to get better as the season has progressed. I get the impression that this team has played to their competition. Ole Miss was a great game. So was Miami. Both games we weren't sloppy. All the rest not so much & that is a reflection of practice. If that team that played Ole Miss can show up against Jawja, I like our chances much more. IF these guys can follow CNS lead this week, I like our chances even more! Hopefully, this team will turn the corner this week in practice.

I agree with all of that. We can only hope the game is being talked up as much as the Ole Miss game to these guys because we played lights out that game. Golding did have the defense ready for Auburn, so I can respect that effort. Hopefully he finds ways to let them loose again this weekend. I am not worried about their backs so much as I am Bowers the tight end. He can stretch it better than any of their receivers and I see a mismatch all game long if we try and cover him with a linebacker. I also hope we don't catch ourselves with another mismatch where Christian Harris has to cover James Cook on a wheel route like he did last year.

We gonna fight. I don't think we come out flat. Lord, I hope not with our post season hopes at stake. I know these players have seen how much crap Georgia fans talk, so I hope they get as amped as we do about this opportunity. Not many times under Saban have we played the #1 team in the country!

Unfortunately, I believe we are out classed in depth, size and veteran players this year. They are strong in areas where we are very weak.. I do however think we will be the best passing offense that they have faced as long as we excecute. We will also be the best defense that they have faced to date.

They just remind me of Auburn in 2010, us in 2015 and LSU in 2019. They have a ton of upperclassmen who had all underperformed that decided to catch a gear, a core of solid veterans and some young talent that they hit on and developed early.

I pray we can sneak it out somehow but I think they have the better, more veteran and more healthy team.. its gonna be tough

Back
Top Bottom