| FTBL Realistic expectations for the SECCG

The main thing that concerns me against Georgia is the O line. I think we’re OK everywhere else. Auburn had 28 sacks on the year through 11 games. Then got 7 Saturday. 25% of their total to that point. 3 games worth of sacks in 1 game. Who has the better pass rush, Auburn or Georgia? Rhetorical question (said in my creepy Biden whisper voice) 😂
We should know what to fix then!!!!! Right?

I don't see a Georgia offense that's going to score 35 points on us. This game will be a low score game, The difference is which defense gives up the most big plays. Bryce will be harassed all day, I have grown to expect that. The memo is out that our O line is weak on the right side. We have a better chance than most think. Just my 2 cents. The question will be if we can beat them twice.

The main thing that concerns me against Georgia is the O line. I think we’re OK everywhere else. Auburn had 28 sacks on the year through 11 games. Then got 7 Saturday. 25% of their total to that point. 3 games worth of sacks in 1 game. Who has the better pass rush, Auburn or Georgia? Rhetorical question (said in my creepy Biden whisper voice) 😂
aU got pressure without having to blitz too… they did blitz a lot, but not as much as you’d think considering the pressure Bryce was under.

What really threw the RT, TE and even the LT was very wide angles used by both DEs and the use of speed at the edge. The RT/TE/LT all had lots of trouble getting out to block that edge and it kept us from being able to roll the pocket. aU often only rushed 4 on passing downs and both the right and left DE blew past the tackles.

They would line up 4 Dline-men with the two DE speed rushers out wide of the tackle or TE. They walk two LB up on the line between guard and tackle flanking the other two Dline guys. If the guards turned out to help the L/RT the LBs shot that gap and pressured the QB. If the Guards blocked with the center or towards the LB they dropped in coverage.

Last edited:
Oh, I hope I'm VERY wrong but I don't see Alabama staying within 20 points.

We just have to follow Tennessee's gameplan for the first half, and we have the horses to make it through the second half. BUT, can we execute? Tennessee scared Georgia with tempo and a live arm. Metchie, Williams, Bolden, Holden, Brooks, Latu, and Billingsly better have that new set of Nike gloves on because we better be throwing 50-60 times this game. Big boy Jordan Davis was winded most of the game and Nolan Smith tweaked a leg as well due to the tempo, so it really showed what could happen if you can sustain it. Tennessee was hurt up and depth hurt their chances late in the game.

We just have to follow Tennessee's gameplan for the first half, and we have the horses to make it through the second half. BUT, can we execute? Tennessee scared Georgia with tempo and a live arm. Metchie, Williams, Bolden, Holden, Brooks, Latu, and Billingsly better have that new set of Nike gloves on because we better be throwing 50-60 times this game.

Was thinking of ways to make it through the whole game with 1 RB who's marginally healthy.... A few ideas:

-Use Milroe as a running QB (I love the idea of setting this up for a few roll out passes, jump pass, or just straight pass plays.
-Use BRob strictly as a blocker. Looked like a hamstring... Wouldn't neccessarily want him running but if he can spell Sanders a few plays and block, that would be a win
-Shotgun Empties... Maybe with Randolph at TE as a blocker? Keep a TE in to block, or move into the backfield pre snap? 🤷‍♂️

Lots of options... I just think using Milroe as a weapon is the best option. And while I'm giving BOB some grace with the blocking issues, I cannot understand why he wouldn't call at least 1 RB screen a quarter. The way Bryce has been blitzed it's crazy we aren't seeing them. Valuable in 2 ways - Big play potential and a general way to slow the pass rush & blitz calls.

Was thinking of ways to make it through the whole game with 1 RB who's marginally healthy.... A few ideas:

-Use Milroe as a running QB (I love the idea of setting this up for a few roll out passes, jump pass, or just straight pass plays.
-Use BRob strictly as a blocker. Looked like a hamstring... Wouldn't neccessarily want him running but if he can spell Sanders a few plays and block, that would be a win
-Shotgun Empties... Maybe with Randolph at TE as a blocker? Keep a TE in to block, or move into the backfield pre snap? 🤷‍♂️

Lots of options... I just think using Milroe as a weapon is the best option. And while I'm giving BOB some grace with the blocking issues, I cannot understand why he wouldn't call at least 1 RB screen a quarter. The way Bryce has been blitzed it's crazy we aren't seeing them. Valuable in 2 ways - Big play potential and a general way to slow the pass rush & blitz calls.

I could not agree more. I was waiting for a screen all game long, but don't recall seeing any at all against Auburn. I like the idea of Milroe. You have to wonder if Coach Saban thinks Kirby makes the mistake of only practicing for one guy again? Although there is no reason to think Bryce gets pulled like Hurts, one would think they would practice for another speedy option in the backfield.

I predicted weeks ago Bama would win the next three regular season games … sometimes in an ugly fashion (they did). They would then shock a rat poison drunk UGA team in the SEC Championship game … and catch fire in the playoffs winning Saban his second back to back set of NC titles. So, I can’t change my mind now! I didn’t base it on Bama having the better team because they don’t … but I never underestimate the power of rat poison and conversely the power of a dynasty being doubted. It’s been a crazy season and beating the puppies in Atlanta will fit right in with everything else that’s happened. 🤞🤞🤞

I could not agree more. I was waiting for a screen all game long, but don't recall seeing any at all against Auburn. I like the idea of Milroe. You have to wonder if Coach Saban thinks Kirby makes the mistake of only practicing for one guy again? Although there is no reason to think Bryce gets pulled like Hurts, one would think they would practice for another speedy option in the backfield.
It’s hard to run screens with an O-line as weak as Bama’s. If a lineman release his man too soon or flat out gets bull rushed back into the backfield or one misses his assignment or remembers his assignment but misses his block then the screen usually results in a loss of yardage or an incomplete pass. The trouble with Bama’s O-line is several of those things can happen on the same play and lead to a sack or turnover.

Our D has shown that It can be pretty dang good. The problem I see is that the OL cannot open holes nor can it protect BY well enough. And that is against the teams with decent D. We have seen what happens to our defenses in the past when the offense doesn't keep them off the field for very long. Fatique, when it hits, will make a great defense look average.
While there is still that bit of optimism that believes we have the kind of team that can rise to the occasion and pull off the W, the reality that our OL is not what it needs to be against a D that looks like the old Bama defenses that crushed the life out of our opponents. The lack of depth due to injuries doesn't play in our favor either.
I think the 6 point spread is simply showing respect for our team. I am very concerned that this game will not be one to remember, or at least I won't want to remember.
But, there is a reason we play the game and don't just look at stats and listen to opinions. The ballgame is going to happen so we may as well give it our best shot and see what happens.
Roll Tide Everyone!!!

It’s hard to run screens with an O-line as weak as Bama’s. If a lineman release his man too soon or flat out gets bull rushed back into the backfield or one misses his assignment or remembers his assignment but misses his block then the screen usually results in a loss of yardage or an incomplete pass. The trouble with Bama’s O-line is several of those things can happen on the same play and lead to a sack or turnover.

I'd still like us to atleast try one. We may not be great up front, but we still have some big ole boys that if they get in your way you ain't getting past them. I just want to see something different than what we saw at Auburn, ha ha. But that wouldn't take much, ha ha.

We have only seen two games where Bama was shut down offensively. 2nd half LSU and 3 1/2 qtrs against the Barn. I think the shock of what we saw against the Barn and it being very unexpected has people reacting and over correcting their expectations. I expect great preparation and urgency for this game which will result in much better results against UGA. I believe a program that takes a back seat to no one will rise to the occasion.

Nothing in all of college football has amazed me as much this season than Bama’s awful O-line play. Saban recruits 5 Star and high 4 Star tackles every year yet none of them can beat out Owens or George at RT? Also, not having an intelligent Alpha at Center negatively impacts the play of the whole line … and there’s definitely not one or he’d be playing. Other than Neal, it’s a non-NFL line and that’s not been the case in a while. Speaking of which … what has happened to Ekiyor? He looked like he was going to be a beast last season. I suppose being wedged between two big time NFL draft picks could have covered up some flaws … but I doubt that’s it.

7 Sacks.... I don't think it's much more risky :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom