| FTBL Ranking The Incoming SEC Freshman QBs

2. Eli Holstein - Alabama​

Sliding in at second is the first of two Alabama QB commits in the 2023 class. Eli Holstein flipped to Alabama after committing to Texas A&M early in his recruitment. The four-star signal caller ranked 149th in the nation and 12th at the QB position. Alabama is currently in the midst of a QB controversy, with Tyler Buchner, Jalen Milroe, and Ty Simpson all being possible starters this season. Despite the wait in the QB room, Eli is effective in the short-to-intermediate passing game and is typically accurate and consistent at those levels. Due to his skills, I think Holstein can be very effective at the college level and a future Crimson Tide starter.

4. Dylan Lonergan - Alabama​

Dylan Lonergan is the second QB the Crimson Tide took in the 2023 cycle. Lonergan ranked as the 16th QB in the 2023 class and the 26th player in Georgia. Dylan and Eli will compete for the starting job, and I expect Eli to win. Dylan is a big-armed passer that isn’t afraid to stand his ground in the pocket and take a hit. Cleaner footwork allows him to establish a firm base and generate plenty of velocity. Due to this, I believe he can use his potential to become a solid college starter.

Back
Top Bottom