| FTBL Question for Auburn

wareaglewalt said:
chevy0082 said:
Thank you Alpha... He addressed the question but never answered it.. :roll:

Okay, bottom line is it's a dumb question. If something so bizarre were to happen as Auburn losing Saturday, it would mean we lost to a team who earlier lost to a woefully overmatched team. Hence, it's as stupid as the hypothetical argument that one team beats another and that losing team beats yet another team, so the third team would "logically" lose by the margin of both victories.

Doesn't really matter as Saban won't last more than 4 years at Bama. He hates the media, hates anyone who tries to meddle with his "total control" of the team, and he's not cut out for the type of fans that Bama has. Although he's not nearly as bad of a fit as Mike Price. Anyone could tell that guy had no clue at all what he had gotten himself into. Maybe the stripper thing wasn't such a bad incident after all. God does have a sense of humor, after all.

If you're going to respond to a question here, don't be a tool and call people dumb. Whats with the little mini Saban-bash there, too? He hasn't even coached against you yet at Alabama and you are already throwing stones... (maybe you have a little LSU in ya, who knows)

Now, with that out of the way; anyone who knows this rivalry at all knows that the previous season has little to do with what the outcome of this game can be. Better teams for both schools have been struck down by so-called "inferior" teams in the past. Its the pre-iminent rivalry in college football and both schools always get fired up and play at or even above what was considered to be thier best.

P.S. if you look at this season for the barn, they have an eerily familiar record to the Tide with losses to MSU and USF sprinkled in like our losses to MSU and ULM. So, I wouldn't find it particularly "bizarre" to see the Tide show up again and beat the tigers, Spanky. Sure, they will have to really pick it up considering the past two weeks, but hey, look back in history, they've done it before.

Cheers,
SR

wareaglewalt said:
I don't think Bama is terrible for losing to UL-Monroe. It's very funny to hear Bama fans booing their own team at home. VERY funny. But according to folks at Bama, losing to UL-Monroe was embarrassing and I suppose that's what it would be were Auburn to lose this Saturday. That and only that. And giving Saban a pass since it's his first year is BS. Shula didn't recruit bad talent at Bama. Lots of folks want to go play for Bama; it's just that Shula was clueless at the helm. Folks at LSU are all over Miles because he's been winning with mostly Saban's recruits. Bama has good talent, and Miles has good talent. Problem is Saban, for whatever reason is going in the wrong direction with his. And that is clearly his responsibility.

We've lost to the same and similar opponents excluding ULM. You having the superior team, what is the barn's excuse? I mean if Shula's players aren't bad and you said the barn's team is better, that seems to insinuate it can't be a talent problem for you all.

wareaglewalt said:
Argo said:
Auburn's inconsistency this year is due to the Petrino affair back in '03. When Tubs was almost fired he had a bad recruiting class. That has lead to a small senior class.

That is the answer I've heard from the Auburn fans I know.

Okay. Interesting fiction there. Petrino, huh? Saban will ditch by 2009.

Again, why the Saban-bashing? You're acting like an LSU meauxron.

wareaglewalt said:
Argo said:
Auburn's inconsistency this year is due to the Petrino affair back in '03. When Tubs was almost fired he had a bad recruiting class. That has led to a small senior class.

That is the answer I've heard from the Auburn fans I know.

Okay. Interesting fiction there. Petrino, huh? Saban will ditch by 2009.

What's fictional? In case you've blocked out the 2003 season, AU officials spoke with Bobby Petrino about the Auburn job. Seriously. It really happened.

What does Saban and 2009 have to do with an Auburn fan's reason for inconsistency?

AlaphaMale said:
What is the barn's excuse for inconsistency?
I suppose the reasons would be things such as a dearth of senior leadership coupled with quite a few injuries that resulted in an unusually high number of freshmen and sophomore pressed into starting roles. I would also say that Borges and Knox need to step up their coaching of the QB and WR positions.

No excuses. You play the cards you're dealt and work to fix your problems or find people who will.

AlaphaMale said:
What is it about barners messing up the quote feature? PT does it all the time and now Titan. Is this a forum feature like the word censor?
Meh. Just tried to delete some embedded quotes and just show the latest one and missed a tag. Simmer down, Bessie.

I almost wish that the players at Alabama could stop going to class and just focus on football 100% of the time like they do on the plains. Then; whip the stew out of them so I don't have to listen to all the barely intelligible, incoherent, semi-english mouth diarrhea from all the barn fans... but then again, nah...as the flagship university in Alabama, we've got to maintain the educational standards.

TitanTiger said:
AlaphaMale said:
What is it about barners messing up the quote feature? PT does it all the time and now Titan. Is this a forum feature like the word censor?
Meh. Just tried to delete some embedded quotes and just show the latest one and missed a tag. Simmer down, Bessie.

Simmer down? Did you think I was boiling over you making an error? Not insecure are we?

AlaphaMale said:
TitanTiger said:
AlaphaMale said:

Simmer down? Did you think I was boiling over you making an error? Not insecure are we?

Isn't Bessie a common cow name? Wow, is this barner confused or what!

TitanTiger said:
AlaphaMale said:
TitanTiger said:
I think it's cute how you think "barner" bothers us.

LOL! Why even mention something that doesn't bother you!
Silly rabbit...because he made a joke about cows and called me a barner. Keep up.

Every post we make we call you guys barners. In this thread alone I've referred to barners as barners repeatedly. I never do any different. You replied directly to a post of mine where I used "barn". It only requires your clarification that it doesn't bother you when the term "barn" accompanies a joke?

It seems the repeated use does get to you. I honestly hadn't noticed how many times "barn" had been used in this thread. I can see why it got to you.

Yeah, yeah. I just noticed it when he decided to make it the sum and substance of his entire post.

At any rate, as to the original topic, the question has been asked and answered.

TitanTiger said:
Yeah, yeah. I just noticed it when he decided to make it the sum and substance of his entire post.

At any rate, as to the original topic, the question has been asked and answered.

Yes, you did answer the question. Still, it's Walt's answer we're interested in. He is the one that thinks a BAMA victory is almost impossible.

Well, walt hasn't paid much attention to this series over the last 25 years has he?

I never count Alabama out of this game. Neither do I count Auburn out when it looks like the roles are reversed. Upsets are rare but they do happen. And even when they don't, the game is almost always closer than it looks like it would be on paper.

Someone mentioned that Shula recruited talented guys.

Saban his first two years: 22 4*, 2 5 *

Shula's career: 2 5 * (Mike Ford didn't qualify, so Andre was the only one) and 22 4 *

Taking into account a few (being generous here, my memory is failing me how many) of Shula's guys didn't qualify/didn't ever make the field.

Yeah. Big difference. Go back to the hole you crawled out of, walt.

Back
Top Bottom