| FTBL Paul Tyson and Layne Hatcher both going into the Transfer portal.

I can see one of them going to UAB...

Speaking of, did y'all see Trent Dilfer is going to be the new Blazer HC? The national guys are shitting all over the hire, but I don't think its all that terrible. Certainly a risky hire, but most hires are. The key will be the staff he puts together, but I can absolutely see it working out well.

Speaking of, did y'all see Trent Dilfer is going to be the new Blazer HC? The national guys are shitting all over the hire, but I don't think its all that terrible. Certainly a risky hire, but most hires are. The key will be the staff he puts together, but I can absolutely see it working out well.
Yes sir. The local news talk sports show here last night was talking about Lipscomb’s upcoming title game and Dilfer’s success coaching. A caller asked if Dilfer might consider another big high school position that might be coming open and our local radio host (who is great for a small town), said Dilfer likely won’t be at Lipscomb much longer, because the college or pro teams will be calling him. Then, bam, this morning the news breaks.

I’ll say this, he’s done a heck of a job at Lipscomb. They had a total of 3 wins in the 2 seasons before he arrived. In his 4 seasons, they’ve played for 3 state championships. Won 1 and have another tomorrow.

I don’t like that he informed his team of the UAB decision and stepped down from the Lipscomb job the day before the state championship game. That’s just not right for the kids. At least in my opinion. Why not wait 30 more hours to make it public, so they can finish business with him on the sideline and no distractions?

I completely missed Clark's retirement. I would've liked to have seen what he could've done in a Power 5 program, but he's vested in the Alabama retirement system, and I wish him good health a great retirement.

It is a risky hire due to his relative inexperience. But he has been good in the few years you can look at, and I think that he will fit fine if they give him the time to get everything together. Like you said, the staff is going to be the big question mark.

I do think it ups their recruiting some. He gets to walk into a house wearing a Super Bowl ring and talk to parents who remember him playing.

Yes sir. The local news talk sports show here last night was talking about Lipscomb’s upcoming title game and Dilfer’s success coaching. A caller asked if Dilfer might consider another big high school position that might be coming open and our local radio host (who is great for a small town), said Dilfer likely won’t be at Lipscomb much longer, because the college or pro teams will be calling him. Then, bam, this morning the news breaks.

I’ll say this, he’s done a heck of a job at Lipscomb. They had a total of 3 wins in the 2 seasons before he arrived. In his 4 seasons, they’ve played for 3 state championships. Won 1 and have another tomorrow.

I don’t like that he informed his team of the UAB decision and stepped down from the Lipscomb job the day before the state championship game. That’s just not right for the kids. At least in my opinion. Why not wait 30 more hours to make it public, so they can finish business with him on the sideline and no distractions?
I agree that he left them at a tough time, but December 5th is looming.

Did not realize he did that. Maybe he thought it would be too much of a distraction? I don't know, but I would have stayed and coached unless they asked me to leave. UAB football players released a letter yesterday afternoon basically demanding that Bryant Vincent have the interim tag removed. It sounds like the search wasn't dragging on, they were just waiting on Dilfer's last game... then it got leaked last night. Whatever the reasons, I'm no UAB football fan, but I hope he does well there. Bartow has been gone for years now, so I guess I can't let up on my hate some...

I completely missed Clark's retirement. I would've liked to have seen what he could've done in a Power 5 program, but he's vested in the Alabama retirement system, and I wish him good health a great retirement.

He's recovering from back surgery and is more than likely going to hop back into the fray sooner or later... but UAB wasn't an option.

Back
Top Bottom