| FTBL ON the FWIW end...James Davis, (Clemson RB) staying...

Just ran into a Bama fan I tend to ignore when I stop here...normally, he's 10 hours and I couldn't tell you how many drinks down. Anyway, he's convinced, and of course running his mouth loudly about how Bama is going to dominate Clemson next season. (wouldn't you know the two owners of this place have to stick their collective yankee necks in...)

IF we pull this game out, it'll set the tone of the season. If we don't, it won't. Personally, I won't be surprised at an 0-1 start for the '08 season.

Rolltide24 said:
We need to learn from the Barn to prepare for Clemson. The Barn played two of the best, if not the best, RB tandems in the nation this year and held both to near their season lows.

there's knowledge in this quote, pay attention to it.

RollTideRandy said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3203333

I've been curious about something for a while. Do you folks think Spiller and Davis are just as good a running back combo as Brown and Caddy were at the Barn?

Damn, I beat ESPN on this story. <sarcasm> That's a shocker </sarcasm>

Good question...but, I'll have to think about that...two different systems, ya know?

TerryP said:
RollTideRandy said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3203333

I've been curious about something for a while. Do you folks think Spiller and Davis are just as good a running back combo as Brown and Caddy were at the Barn?

Damn, I beat ESPN on this story. <sarcasm> That's a shocker </sarcasm>

Good question...but, I'll have to think about that...two different systems, ya know?

On pure ability, I would have to say yes. They also might end up doing better in the NFL. Brown and Caddy aren't having such stellar careers so far. :roll:

Tider 27 said:
On pure ability, I would have to say yes. They also might end up doing better in the NFL. Brown and Caddy aren't having such stellar careers so far. :roll:

I was thinking about just this while watching the Giants beat the Cowboys last week. A lot of barners told me before the ’03 season that Brandon Jacobs was BETTER than Brown and Caddy and would probably be starting before the end of the season. I thought it was rather silly for them to say that, but now watching the three in the NFL, I believe that Jacobs is indeed now the best of the three. That’s not to say he was the best of the three in ’03, but if Tubby and Borges could have found a way to utilize him in their offense, think about how good that ’04 team would have been. :shock:

RollTideRandy said:
Tider 27 said:

I was thinking about just this while watching the Giants beat the Cowboys last week. A lot of barners told me before the ’03 season that Brandon Jacobs was BETTER than Brown and Caddy and would probably be starting before the end of the season. I thought it was rather silly for them to say that, but now watching the three in the NFL, I believe that Jacobs is indeed now the best of the three. That’s not to say he was the best of the three in ’03, but if Tubby and Borges could have found a way to utilize him in their offense, think about how good that ’04 team would have been. :shock:

After watching Jacobs play this year I think he has more pro potential although I do think Brown is a good NFL back.

The person I hope I never see again in college though is that Jacon Hester. That guy is a beast and I think he will be able to do it at the next level. What was he this year a senior? Please tell me he is gone.

Are you guys crazy? Ronnie Brown was having a freaking BEAST year till he got hurt. And he still had the same amount of rushing TDs as BJ and more receiving production as well.

RB > BJ > CW

Porterhouse said:
Tommy should have no excuse for not getting into a BCS bowl next year with all that firepower. That is going to be one potent offense... on paper.

Clemson's offensive line will be the big question going into next year. Both starting tackles & their starting right guard were seniors. James Davis has been a crybaby for three years at Clemson. I wouldn't be surprised if his return causes a little conflict. I know CJ Spiller was excited about being the feature back.

RollTideRandy said:
Tider 27 said:

Is it just me or does the B Jacobs situation remind you guys of Johns at the Cap? Big physical back with NFL talent that is not utilized. The two just remind me of each other.

Outlaw said:
Are you guys crazy? Ronnie Brown was having a freaking BEAST year till he got hurt. And he still had the same amount of rushing TDs as BJ and more receiving production as well.

RB > BJ > CW

You sound like a Auburn homer. :D

Brown and Caddy have a lot of work to do, but they aren't no chop liver or anything.

Tider 27 said:
Outlaw said:

RB > BJ > CW

Brown and Caddy have a lot of work to do, but they aren't no chop liver or anything.

RB > BJ > CW

Book it Danno. :wink:

Outlaw said:
Tider 27 said:
Outlaw said:

RB > BJ > CW

RB > BJ > CW

Ronnie Brown is not better then a BJ sir. :lol:

Tider 27 said:
Outlaw said:
Tider 27 said:
Outlaw said:

RB > BJ > CW

RB > BJ > CW

Ronnie Brown is not better then a BJ sir. :lol:

BJ > Every other running back

Back
Top Bottom