| FTBL (Very) Early look at who Bama's starters are going to be.

I had several clips from the Rose bowls I was going to post, but I don't have the heart to post them as of now. So, let's go over next years starters/Depth chart will possibly look like.
Offense:
QB). Milroe.
RB). Miller/Haynes.
WR's). Bond, Prentice, Law, Hale, Ryan Williams.
TE's). Niblack/ Dippre/Odom.
LT). Proctor.
LG). Booker.
C). Brockermeyer/Poe/maybe a transfer player if we go after one(I think we will).
RG). Roberts.
RT). Pritchett.
Defense:
DE/DT). Oatis/ Keenan/ (Tim) Smith/Overton/ (James) Smith. Ton of depth at the position.
Mike Linebacker). Deontae Lawson/Kendrick Blackshire/ Shawn Murphy.
Will Linebacker). Jihaad Campbell/ Jeremiah Alexander/ Justin Jefferson.
Jack linebacker). Robinson/ Koht/ Keeley/ Pierre/ Russaw. Honestly, I'm just going off experience at the position for this one.... all these guys could push for the starting position. Lot of looks with two(sometimes three) outside linebackers on the field, so a good chunk of these guys, if not all.... will potentially see the field this year in meaningful snaps. Whoever takes over that roll will have a great room to work with.
CB 1). Amos/ Ricks/ Hurley.
CB 2). Jackson/ Hurley/ Ricks.
Star). Moore/ Smith/ Pope/ Mitchell.
SS). Smith/ Moore/ Mitchell/ Pope.
FS). Downs/ Moore/ Mitchell/ Pope.
Of course, there could be transfers before the season, so some of these guys may be gone.
Let me know who y'all think will start for us next season.

I had several clips from the Rose bowls I was going to post, but I don't have the heart to post them as of now. So, let's go over next years starters/Depth chart will possibly look like.
Offense:
QB). Milroe.
RB). Miller/Haynes.
WR's). Bond, Prentice, Law, Hale, Ryan Williams.
TE's). Niblack/ Dippre/Odom.
LT). Proctor.
LG). Booker.
C). Brockermeyer/Poe/maybe a transfer player if we go after one(I think we will).
RG). Roberts.
RT). Pritchett.
Defense:
DE/DT). Oatis/ Keenan/ (Tim) Smith/Overton/ (James) Smith. Ton of depth at the position.
Mike Linebacker). Deontae Lawson/Kendrick Blackshire/ Shawn Murphy.
Will Linebacker). Jihaad Campbell/ Jeremiah Alexander/ Justin Jefferson.
Jack linebacker). Robinson/ Koht/ Keeley/ Pierre/ Russaw. Honestly, I'm just going off experience at the position for this one.... all these guys could push for the starting position. Lot of looks with two(sometimes three) outside linebackers on the field, so a good chunk of these guys, if not all.... will potentially see the field this year in meaningful snaps. Whoever takes over that roll will have a great room to work with.
CB 1). Amos/ Ricks/ Hurley.
CB 2). Jackson/ Hurley/ Ricks.
Star). Moore/ Smith/ Pope/ Mitchell.
SS). Smith/ Moore/ Mitchell/ Pope.
FS). Downs/ Moore/ Mitchell/ Pope.
Of course, there could be transfers before the season, so some of these guys may be gone.
Let me know who y'all think will start for us next season.
Only thing I might change up from that is Jaylen Mbakwe might take the 2nd string spot at CB. He's that talented and athletic.

WR - I think if Jalen Hale isn't in the rotation after Spring he's likely gone. If Prentice and Law aren't seeing more playing time, one or both could go.

Other than that, a pretty decent start. Gotta see what shakes out in spring and go from there.

Only thing I might change up from that is Jaylen Mbakwe might take the 2nd string spot at CB. He's that talented and athletic.

WR - I think if Jalen Hale isn't in the rotation after Spring he's likely gone. If Prentice and Law aren't seeing more playing time, one or both could go.

Other than that, a pretty decent start. Gotta see what shakes out in spring and go from there.
Both 45 and 81 couldn't break a windowpane. Truth is the actually blocking by all our receivers is below average. Just a bunch of pushing with their hands. Glad they have the gloves to protect them.

Law better touch the ball each game much more than he did in the UM game. Crazy that happened the way it did,
Agreed, way too explosive of a player not to be seeing many touches. Same with Haynes, I have no clue as to why we stopped giving him carries. He was averaging almost 8 yards a carry in the game. Same thing with Jam Miller, why on earth did he only get 1 carry in the game? Jase had a good game, but there's no reason to me as to why we didn't give those other two guys more carries in the game.

We'll see on Mbakwe. He's very talented, and could very well challenge for that starting spot. However, the guys he's competing with have been there longer than he has, and have been more developed into the system. It's rare to see a guy instantly come in and take over the starting job. That's why I didn't include Woodyard and Mincey for the SS position. I think they could most certainly play well enough to earn that spot, Im just sure that they will. Woodyard coming in early helps his chances, but we've got other guys playing for that spot, or we're gonna move guys to that spot if need be.

Downs, will Bama have another one that will start as a TF?
Downs played at an elite level as a Freshman. Rates up there with Fitzpatrick and Collins. He was just a stud physically and seemed to be where he was supposed to be at all times. I really only recall seeing him get beat one time and that was against Texas. I am sure there were other times but there were not many like you would expect from a freshman.

I'm beating this dead horse to death, but we've gotta get out and find a couple of offensive and defensive linemen that can be impact players.
I think this may be the biggest impact ex Saban assistants like Smart have had on Bama. They have won this recruiting battle enough to water down the talent and depth that we had in the trenches in the past.

I think we addressed a lot of our O-line issues this season, we're young and made some mistakes but with a whole off-season and season under their belt now. I think we're looking at a heck of an O-line next year. We just need someone to step up at center and right tackle.

Names that come to mind to fill these spots:

Right Tackle:
Naquil Bertrand
Miles McVay
Elijah Pritchett

Center:
James Brockermeyer
Roq Montgomery
Transfer Guy possibly

I think we'll be just fine on the line next year and our recruiting and developing in that area is much better.

Every time I see Otis' name........I wonder why he isn't in a heavy package for us on offense in goal line situations. ie, the last play of the Rose Bowl.

Big mauler like that is bound to be able to eat up some space and move a few bodies.

Back
Top Bottom