| LIFE ***Official Daily Dose of Ineptitude*** (enter at own risk)

I will be crossing the I-10 Mobile bay bridge (f.k.a. the Autobahn) this weekend a couple times, Bill. Will keep the hammer down in the left lane in your honor (and b/c the cops can't cross over to write you a ticket).

I will be crossing the I-10 Mobile bay bridge (f.k.a. the Autobahn) this weekend a couple times, Bill. Will keep the hammer down in the left lane in your honor (and b/c the cops can't cross over to write you a ticket).

Depending on what time you are driving, I-10 can get pretty congested. It is worse heading east. Traffic can get backed up by about a mile or so before the tunnel and you end up going about 5 to 10 to 20 mph at times. Heading west will also get backed up while you are still on the bridge.

As far as the traffic in T-Town, you can go to the Tuscaloosa website and get updates on road projects that are slowing down traffic. Second, they are in the process of creating some type of transportation/roadway authority that is going to do 4-5 major roadway projects in town over the next several years. Those are supposed to help with traffic. If you stay off of McFarland midday and try to avoid the 359/Skyland interchange at lunch time, things aren't terrible. Basically if you stay off the main thoroughfares as much as possible, traffic is still very manageable.

Just be careful near the Spanish Fort hwy on ramp. Sneaky bastages can get you when they are coming on.

Back
Top Bottom