| FTBL A look at Clemson from a Clemson fan (longish)

ON a side note:

Being around a lot of Clemson folk I've said, for years, Clemson is a school Alabama built.

Ironic today with the slogan "Built by Bama" used so often.

Pell is the black sheep of Bama. He got both Clemson and UF put on probation.

I was 21, maybe 22 years old when I met him. I thought something was off but chalked it up to old age. A year or so later when he tried to commit suicide it confirmed my suspicions. Something wasn't right.

Now, with all the reports of brain trauma, I honestly wonder if he suffered from some brain damage. I'm not laying the trouble he found himself in as a result of that supposition, but do wonder just how clearly he was thinking.

Side trivia note here: When he was at UF and the SEC presidents voted on whether UF should be able to claim the SEC title there were two schools that voted they should. One happened to be Bama.

We've seen "Kryptonite" used over and over...50% win percentage on the teams listed isn't "Kryptonite." In fact ... there's a story that carries just as much weight as the "dual threat" in everyone of these losses. There's one where Bama was beaten, plain and simple, and that was Florida in 2008.

• 2013: Nick Marshall 17 carries 99 yards 5.8 avg 1 TD Won
  • 2013: Johnny Manziel 14 carries 98 yards 7.0 avg. 0 TD Lost
  • 2012: Johnny Manziel 18 carries 92 yards 5.1 avg 0 TD Won
  • 2009: Tim Tebow 10 carries 63 yards 6.3 avg 0 TD Lost
  • 2008: Tim Tebow 17 carries 57 yards 3.4 avg 0 TD Won
  • 2014: Nick Marshall 13 carries 49 yards 3.8 avg 0 TD Lost
  • 2010: Cam Newton 22 carries 39 yards 1.8 avg 1 TD Won
BTW, what really gets to me is looking at this years schedule by itself. 14 games, and the Tide has faced Wisconsin, LSU, Arkansas, and Michigan State for teams that didn't run a spread/hurry-up approach. 9-1 in those games is hardly "Kryptonite."

Back
Top Bottom