| LIFE ***Official Daily Dose of Ineptitude*** (enter at own risk)

Ready for this place to kick off too.
Dear lord.

That place was Bama Beach Club in the 90s, then the Jupiter, then changed to something else a few years ago, them changed BACK to Jupiter a year or two ago.

Now it's Duid City Music Hall? Yeesh. Maybe the current owners will leave that alone for a good while.

-Sent via Tapatalk for Android

Dear lord.

That place was Bama Beach Club in the 90s, then the Jupiter, then changed to something else a few years ago, them changed BACK to Jupiter a year or two ago.

Now it's Duid City Music Hall? Yeesh. Maybe the current owners will leave that alone for a good while.

Thats the loudest place I have ever been to.

The only TCF course I had was Motion Picture History and Criticism with Dr. Copeland. That's probably been 14-15 years.
I had that class and thanks to Brodie and West Britt I passed it. Had it once a week for 3 hours.... we read and talked the first half, got a break, and watched the movie(s) we disussed during the second half. I often left during the break and almost failed after realizing the midterm was all about the movies we watched.

I had that class and thanks to Brodie and West Britt I passed it. Had it once a week for 3 hours.... we read and talked the first half, got a break, and watched the movie(s) we disussed during the second half. I often left during the break and almost failed after realizing the midterm was all about the movies we watched.

I remember a lot of people were pissed that Dr. Copeland actually made it on par with a history course as far as difficulty. I was just happy to have a break from my math and science classes. We did a lecture hour on Monday and then a 2 hour session with a little lecture and a movie on Wednesday from 2-4. Hell, it was like going to a matinee every week.

He a great teacher. He helped direct and produce a pilot episode for a zombie-comedy concept show that TCF students did the work on for a grade a couple years ago. I switched majors foe the following semester after they started production, but Maya Champion still recruited me to be an extra in it. That was just a few months after my separation, so it was a healthy distraction. I was an extra at "HQ", and a zombie extra as well. It was really fun.

Pilot is 24 mins, but worth the watch. See if you can spot me. I'm the biggest dude there...lol.

He seemed pretty laid back. He was open on his obsession with zombie flicks and video games. He showed some pretty interesting videos, then sent a lot more via blackboard. We're using clickers in the class to take polls and that is apart of one of our grades. Anyways, he showed us a ton of videos, but here's some of my favorites:

Thats the loudest place I have ever been to.

I saw David Allan Coe perform there one night. I believe it was the Jupiter then, maybe the Varsity. If you know any of DAC's underground stuff, you know he's pretty rough on our African-American friends. He had a black drummer and did one of "those" songs. At the end of the song he stopped and said, "Okay, I promised Jerome (the drummer) that every time I do one of these songs, I'll let him have a moment." Then Jerome stood up from behind the drum-set, grabbed his nuts, and flipped everybody off.

He seemed pretty laid back. He was open on his obsession with zombie flicks and video games. He showed some pretty interesting videos, then sent a lot more via blackboard. We're using clickers in the class to take polls and that is apart of one of our grades. Anyways, he showed us a ton of videos, but here's some of my favorites:

Cool. I'll watch the vids when I get home. Watching them off WiFi drains the hell outta my data.

I really enjoyed our class. It was in the basement lecture hall in Lloyd when I had him.

I saw David Allan Coe perform there one night. I believe it was the Jupiter then, maybe the Varsity. If you know any of DAC's underground stuff, you know he's pretty rough on our African-American friends. He had a black drummer and did one of "those" songs. At the end of the song he stopped and said, "Okay, I promised Jerome (the drummer) that every time I do one of these songs, I'll let him have a moment." Then Jerome stood up from behind the drum-set, grabbed his nuts, and flipped everybody off.

They used to have some pretty big shows at that place. I haven't been inside the building in years. They sell beer from the sidewalk on gamedays which is kinda cool.

I think the owner has gotten into some pretty big trouble during the last couple of years. He got caught committing some kind of bank fraud and ended up in prison if I remember correctly. Im not sure who owns the bar now, but his troubles probably has something to do with the recent name changes.

Dear lord.

Before Bama Beach Club, I believe that place was the Pitcher Show, a movie theater that served booze. Cutting-edge concept in the early 80's.

Before that, it was the Tide Theater, where, as a youngster, I managed to sneak in and watch Porky's (1982, I believe). Back in the day, that was quite the coup for a young buck such as myself...

I just posted on the SECrant. I really hate that place. The way they change their curse words so that it gets around the filter irks on my nerves to no end. Makes them sound like 3rd graders trying not to cuss.

Before Bama Beach Club, I believe that place was the Pitcher Show, a movie theater that served booze. Cutting-edge concept in the early 80's.

Before that, it was the Tide Theater, where, as a youngster, I managed to sneak in and watch Porky's (1982, I believe). Back in the day, that was quite the coup for a young buck such as myself...
Crazy. Young buck in 82? You can't be much older than me, then.

Before that, it was the Tide Theater, where, as a youngster, I managed to sneak in and watch Birth of a Nation (1882, I believe). Back in the day, that was quite the coup for a young buck such as myself...

FTFY (or the cinema majors/junkies)

Back
Top Bottom