| LIFE ***Official Daily Dose of Ineptitude*** (enter at own risk)

You're not going to get that many sandwiches out of 60lbs of raw butt. You'll be lucky to have 60% weight left after cooking. Even if you lost no weight at all, you'd only be able to make 160 6oz sandwiches. The good thing is, though, that 6oz is really too much meat for a sandwich, assuming you're using a standard size cheap bun. If you cut down to 4oz or so per sammich, you might get 130-150 sammiches.
I'm going on the low end of 5 oz.. That's 3 servings per pound, x10 pounds, X 6 butts= 180 sandwiches without shrinkage factored, with 60 oz. of "meat" left over. Should be able to get close to 150, while staying at or below 5 oz.
Really should have said 4-5 oz. originally.

-Sent via Tapatalk for Android

Last edited:
I would start them tonight if I were you. You wont be as exhausted on the big day if you do. Also, I always do .5lbs of raw bone in butt per guest. Its best to have a little extra than not to have enough. I usually go to sams and get one gallon of cattlemans or something different than the homemade sauce for people that like the darker sweeter sauces.
My sauce is sort of a blend between a St. Louis style sweeter sauce, and a Carolina tangy sauce, with some bite to it. Perfect blend of sweet, spicy, and tangy. I went a little less spicy than usual because the host requested mild in consideration of the expected crowd.

I'm actually hoping this turns into some paid catering events.

Im not busting your balls slo but it feels like you are cutting it close. Maybe make some hamburgers too.
Look, I'm just doing what I was asked. You ain't bustin' my balls.

They were actually expecting to make about 80 sandwiches with these butts. I informed them it would be closer to 120. She said "Let me buy more buns, then!".

Honestly, I've worked in the food business (regrettably, and unfortunately) long enough to know how to cut it close...lol. With owners and GMs breathing down necks about food cost, especially at a chain pizza place (not naming names, but it rhymes with Mominoes), they train you to cut it close.

Last edited:
Remember that one time when Pundit got us all on board and we played that Fantasy Island game? And he would change the rules as we went to to better suit his needs. Then not even half way through the game, he up and claims he is leaving and we'd never see him again. But he didn't really leave.

That was fun, we should do that again.

Look, I'm just doing what I was asked. You ain't bustin' my balls.

They were actually expecting to make about 80 sandwiches with these butts. I informed them it would be closer to 120. She said "Let me buy more buns, then!".

Honestly, I've worked in the food business (regrettably, and unfortunately) long enough to know how to cut it close...lol. With owners and GMs breathing down necks about food cost, especially at a chain pizza place (not naming names, but it rhymes with Mominoes), they train you to cut it close.

Biff or hanni, i will let yall handle this one

Back
Top Bottom