| LIFE ***Official Daily Dose of Ineptitude*** (enter at own risk)

Got all (6) 10 lb. butts injected and marinating overnight. Gonna rub them tomorrow, and start smoking tomorrow night around midnight. Should be ready by noon Thursday. After resting in a cooler for a couple hours, they should be ready to pull. Gonna be scrumptious.

Made 2 gallons of sauce over the weekend. It's been sitting in the fridge since. It gets better the longer it sits.

Gonna serve up about 5-6 ounces per sammich. If my math is correct, We should have enough for at least 150, sandwiches after fat shrinkage. We're expecting at least that many folks there.

-Sent via Tapatalk for Android

Got all (6) 10 lb. butts injected and marinating overnight. Gonna rub them tomorrow, and start smoking tomorrow night around midnight. Should be ready by noon Thursday. After resting in a cooler for a couple hours, they should be ready to pull. Gonna be scrumptious.

Made 2 gallons of sauce over the weekend. It's been sitting in the fridge since. It gets better the longer it sits.

Gonna serve up about 5-6 ounces per sammich. If my math is correct, We should have enough for at least 150, sandwiches after fat shrinkage. We're expecting at least that many folks there.

You're not going to get that many sandwiches out of 60lbs of raw butt. You'll be lucky to have 60% weight left after cooking. Even if you lost no weight at all, you'd only be able to make 160 6oz sandwiches. The good thing is, though, that 6oz is really too much meat for a sandwich, assuming you're using a standard size cheap bun. If you cut down to 4oz or so per sammich, you might get 130-150 sammiches.

I would start them tonight if I were you. You wont be as exhausted on the big day if you do. Also, I always do .5lbs of raw bone in butt per guest. Its best to have a little extra than not to have enough. I usually go to sams and get one gallon of cattlemans or something different than the homemade sauce for people that like the darker sweeter sauces.

I would start them tonight if I were you. You wont be as exhausted on the big day if you do. Also, I always do .5lbs of raw bone in butt per guest. Its best to have a little extra than not to have enough. I usually go to sams and get one gallon of cattlemans or something different than the homemade sauce for people that like the darker sweeter sauces.

Most Sam's carry Sonny's in a large container, too.

Back
Top Bottom