| OT Nick Saban’s Retirement Adventures…

😆... man, it's been over 40 years. Quit back when I started working for Alabama Power in '84. you fail a drug test with them back in the day and you were instantly no longer employed, with a wife and 2 young'uns, couldn't afford to lose my job... never looked back, but I gotta say, if it ever becomes legal around here, I may partake, for medicinal purposes of course. :p🥴

I buy two, maybe three, packs of cigs a month. American Spirit which claims organic. The biggest difference I've noticed? One can light a 120 and be done with it before I'm halfway through one of my shorts. It just burns differently

Yeah FDA, actually made them take “natural” and “additive free” from the packs…

Because they didn’t it to be easily proven that people smoking them didn’t contract illnesses as easily as folks smoking all the chemicals…. It wouldn’t have fit the narrative!

Yeah FDA, actually made them take “natural” and “additive free” from the packs…

Because they didn’t it to be easily proven that people smoking them didn’t contract illnesses as easily as folks smoking all the chemicals…. It wouldn’t have fit the narrative!
My next door neighbor just came over to "bum" a few smokes...reminded me. He smokes "Kool." If I light one of those and take a drag I'll start sneezing like there is no tomorrow. American Spirit Menthol (light green pack) doesn't affect me at all. Newport won't make me sneeze. Kool? Every freakin' time.

In a sense it's about like a Black and Mild. I can smell those from 100's of feet away. Same thing with Kool. Just riding down the street on my bike...sneeze.

In a sense it's about like a Black and Mild
Another little story. I would try to spell this lady's name. I can't. She lives up the street; immigrant from Haiti. Her husband is retired Navy.

Every night, weather permitting, she's outside on her patio smoking a Black and Mild with a cup of coffee FUSED with cognac. This is a literal quote. "I don't smell the coffee."

Not only can I not breathe very well when she's smoking...I still can't understand a damn thing she says most of the time. After...14 years or so?

Wait. Centipede in AL? Why?

I have that in my yard because of the weather...seems like that area about Pell City should be "ripe" for a hybrid Bermuda.
My parents have Centipede in their yard! I recall a summer back in 1980 when we laid the yard solid in Centipede that he liked. One of his brothers lives in Tallahassee and that is where he got the idea. We went solid for about 6-8 rows and then sprigged the rest of the yard, front and back.

Last edited:
My parents have Centipede in their yard! I recall a summer back in 1980 when we laid the yard solid in Centipede that he liked. One of his brothers lives in Tallahassee and that is where he got the idea. We went solid for about 6-8 rows and then sprigged the rest of the yard, front and back.
I sodded mine back in the mid 90's with 419 Hybrid. But, after around two decades the Centipede just became too intrusive. I stopped using a Pre-M on the yard and over seeded with Centipede for two seasons. It's close to a pretty solid turf now...just got a few spots where I need to get the Dallis Grass out.

I sodded mine back in the mid 90's with 419 Hybrid. But, after around two decades the Centipede just became too intrusive. I stopped using a Pre-M on the yard and over seeded with Centipede for two seasons. It's close to a pretty solid turf now...just got a few spots where I need to get the Dallis Grass out.
The sod farm I use is located just below the dam of our lake. It's an easy drive, they are happy cutting me two pallets (roughly a hundred yards) that my 16-foot trailer handles fine, and that's a full day's work for me.

The sod farm I use is located just below the dam of our lake. It's an easy drive, they are happy cutting me two pallets (roughly a hundred yards) that my 16-foot trailer handles fine, and that's a full day's work for me.
I vaguely remember this. I know the 419 was cheaper than the Centipede at the time. I want to say five bills for one, six for the other (per pallet.)

On a different note, I took a trip through the sod farm a few years ago. It took me about 20 minutes to find my way out. Literally, lost. Sod for miles and miles. Dirt roads in a Honda Accord: I wasn't "calm" about getting stuck. To this day, still dirt roads...I want to say it was Orangeburg County.

Go ahead. Lie to me and tell me he isn't having fun.

<Me, waxing poetic for a bit>

He is used to being on the field and seeing 100's of thousands of fans screaming from "above." Now, he's "Outside the Lines" and seeing the fandom from a different perspective: an observer but a part of it as well.

There is a story to be told here. It's not so much about his transition, but how Mrs. Terry guided him through this transition. I've been watching this (through the eyes of a good friend of mine who is a business partner with her) and I've been amazed at the wife/mother/daughter influence in his first year of "retirement."

To borrow a phrase, "step over to the dark side." It's my opinion he is seeing the "Fansights" for the first time in his life. SWIDT?

</reverting back to being an asshat.>

Back
Top Bottom