| OT Nick Saban’s Retirement Adventures…

Good point, He has proven he can drive a ski boat, that's for sure.

Just a brief look at some anecdotal evidence that leads me to believe he can handle a mower...

He's originally from West Virginia. They probably have some sort of mining equipment on their state flag, his dad likely had him cutting the pop warner fields before his balls dropped. As you mentioned, he can drive a boat, which in my experience is a higher difficulty than a mower. He grew up working at a full service gas station... this leads me to think he could actually change out a belt or the oil if pressed into duty. Lastly, and perhaps the strongest hint that he can handle a mower... he chews Red Man. Red Bull may give you wings, but Red Man give you the ability to operate heavy machinery.

Did you just miss the space?

View attachment 28669
Ha Ha, forgot to cut the blade on. Mowed the whole yard with the blade off.

My dumbass dad used to push his yard, but just bought some land and built a house, so he purchased a zero turn. He's a salesman, so that will tell you the extent of his handyman abilities. He rolled the mower twice in his first mow, and went around his yard four times before he realized he forgot to lower his mower deck to a level it would cut the grass. Unreal. Georgia fans...

That thing is sweet! There new Cheetah 2 can cut at 16mph. Mine only can hit 9 while mowing. That 7mph doesn’t sound like much, but over 5 acres, it makes a huge difference. Time is money, but I just can’t cough up the coin for the thing. Wife doesn’t see the value… 🤣
I love it, it really moves. I bought a closeout '23 and went with the Tiger Cat to get the upgraded mower deck. It's crazy solid. Even though the house has been complete for over five years, all I've done so far landscape wise was put out about three hundred yards of centipede sod. Much of the lot already had a good stand of it. The backyard toward the water is just weeds and wild grass, I just mow it, but it's gotten pretty uneven over the years after the dirt settled around my septic chamber lines. I plan to kill all of it, till it, put in a fire pit area, and plant according to the landscape plan. Front yard will have a number of planting areas, as well as around the house, and we'll do some things at the entrance. I've already taken down several dozen pines at the street, maybe about a half dozen left, and five more pesky wild cherry trees. Two bracket a decent size oak that will really come into its own once the cherries are gone. I'll always have a limited area requiring some push mowing (the whole area was terraced in the thirties for cotton, so I have a couple of nice banks), but in the end I'll only be mowing a little over an acre with the Scag. I do plan to buy at least one more property and I'll mow it with this one as well.

Back
Top Bottom