| OT Nick Saban’s Retirement Adventures…

A hybrid (like a 419) grows sideways if you cut it right.

That's wild. I didn't realize.

Ya got a point about cutting...it's four days versus two weeks.
Yeah, when it's dry I can make it two weeks in the summer, but if it's raining then once a week. Into the fall it really slows.

We're putting in a pump from the lake for irrigation, so I'll be cutting my own throat in regard to mowing frequency.

Red Man ain't bad. I chewd/dipped for years. Quit back in 2016. Chew of choice was Bloodhound plug/ dip was original Copehagen silver lid. When I wanted sweet dip it was Kodiak wintergreen. Still cut grass like nobody's business.

View attachment 28668
They make a fine product, in my first mowing season with this one.

THAT is one hell of a machine... I have about 1.7 acres to mow & bought Gravely ZTHD 52". Nice Kawasaki engine on it with a commercial deck but that sucker cuts grass so well it doesn't know it.

Now... I have a tough question. How much does your butt pucker having to drive an orange, tigger-mower especially when you paid so much for it?

Last edited:
Red Man ain't bad. I chewd/dipped for years. Quit back in 2016. Chew of choice was Bloodhound plug/ dip was original Copehagen silver lid. When I wanted sweet dip it was Kodiak wintergreen. Still cut grass like nobody's business.

Loved the smell of it as a kid. Some of the smartest marketing someone ever came up with years ago was the Big League Chew gum... every Dad was rolling round with Red Man in their golf bag, car console, and/or back pocket... and every kid had the Big League Chew in their bat bag... that was before sunflower seeds took over, anway...

THAT is one hell of a machine... I have about 1.7 acres to mow & bought Gravely ZTHD 52". Nice Kawasaki engine on it with some a commercial deck but that sucker cuts grass so well it doesn't know it.

Now... I have a tough question. How much does your butt pucker having to drive an orange, tigger-mower especially when you paid so much for it?
I have a 2013 Gravely ZT 50. Just put new blades on it before this year. Kawasaki 22hp engine. Thing fires off as soon as you turn the key. Best mower I've ever owned.

Copenhagen silver top for over 30 yrs…

Would fill in with red seal natural fine cut…

Quit in 2018….

Still want a dip to this very day!!!

Yep, same here. Bet it would make me sick as a dog having been so long, but that craving is still there.

I’m in the process of trying to get ahold of some tobacco without all the additives. The tobacco itself (nicotine) isn’t as bad for you as the preservatives in it. Even the tobacco that is advertised as “pure tobacco” is loaded with chemicals. My dad had some longleaf I believe it was called. He’s in his mid 80’s now and he’s dipped/chewed his entire life. It was basically a long stem you could bite off. He said it was terrible.

I’m in the process of trying to get ahold of some tobacco without all the additives. The tobacco itself (nicotine) isn’t as bad for you as the preservatives in it. Even the tobacco that is advertised as “pure tobacco” is loaded with chemicals. My dad had some longleaf I believe it was called. He’s in his mid 80’s now and he’s dipped/chewed his entire life. It was basically a long stem you could bite off. He said it was terrible.
I buy two, maybe three, packs of cigs a month. American Spirit which claims organic. The biggest difference I've noticed? One can light a 120 and be done with it before I'm halfway through one of my shorts. It just burns differently

I liked that Bloodhound plug for that semi sweet molasses flavor. Made your spit look like tar.

Back
Top Bottom