| MBB/WBB đź“ş NCAA Selection Sunday Show: 6 PM ET on CBS (and streaming.) ~~ Alabama #1 Overall Seed.

You lost me a bit...what claim is being made here?

"Let us get a few more games underneath our belt before...?"

Currently, with 32 brackets published, Bama averages out to be a two seed; seventh overall. None of these brackets are published by Alabama fans—it's neither our claim nor opinion.
Talking about the people publishing the brackets and it setting expectations within the fanbase. Talking a #1 seed needs more games beforing gravitating to that expectation. Nothing more than that from my comment.

My friend, it's understandable to suffer from PTSD for basketball. But it's time to admit we have a really good team.
I agree but these guys are young. Talented yes but young. Also, the SEC is a very good league and the injury bug can hit. I believe Bama is and will stay in the upper echelon of the SEC and likely top 10-15 all year but tapping the breaks just a tad. Would love to get Burnett back for his experience and defense. Anyway a lot of basketball to be played.

I agree but these guys are young. Talented yes but young. Also, the SEC is a very good league and the injury bug can hit. I believe Bama is and will stay in the upper echelon of the SEC and likely top 10-15 all year but tapping the breaks just a tad. Would love to get Burnett back for his experience and defense. Anyway a lot of basketball to be played.
Unfortunately Burnett won't be back until February. But the flip side is Dom Welch is back and a good defender. Not as good as Burnett though.

There's tons of basketball to be played, but we're also seeing our younger players get better. Jaden Bradley has been the most improved player on the team and you're starting to see his command of the offense increase. Clowney is also playing hurt after a bad fall. Pringle is also starting to get more minutes and playing fairly well.

The one thing that needs to stay consistent is the defense. The team will undoubtedly go through a shooting slump as every team does, but the defense needs to stay the same. It's the biggest reason Alabama dominated in 2020-2021.

You lost me a bit...what claim is being made here?

"Let us get a few more games underneath our belt before...?"

Currently, with 32 brackets published, Bama averages out to be a two seed; seventh overall. None of these brackets are published by Alabama fans—it's neither our claim nor opinion.

He does this every year I believe he must be negative by nature.

My friend, it's understandable to suffer from PTSD for basketball. But it's time to admit we have a really good team.
I agree, great team and a very exciting second half to go. I think what Mando is alluding to is, we were projected a 1 or 2 seed at this point in the season last year and had some very good quality wins under our belt (Gonzaga, Houston, etc.).

He does this every year I believe he must be negative by nature.
I am not negative by nature. Very positive person for those that know me. When it comes to sports, I do not notch wins until the game is played same for the season. Seems more reasonable than negative.

I agree, great team and a very exciting second half to go. I think what Mando is alluding to is, we were projected a 1 or 2 seed at this point in the season last year and had some very good quality wins under our belt (Gonzaga, Houston, etc.).
Agree but I do think this team is better and has a higher ceiling. These young guys are really good and hopefully will get better and better. I feel better about this team than I did last years.

They weren't.

December 6th, Bama was a four seed. By the 21st, they were dropped to a five seed. By mid January they had dropped to a six seed. Going into the SEC tourney they were still a six seed.

They did make it to #1 in the RPI last year—just a few games into the season.

Talking about the people publishing the brackets and it setting expectations within the fanbase. Talking a #1 seed needs more games beforing gravitating to that expectation. Nothing more than that from my comment.
While we're only a month into the season I have no problems with anyone suggesting UCONN, or Houston, or Kansas to be a #1 seed. We've seen enough to know they're that good.

They weren't.

December 6th, Bama was a four seed. By the 21st, they were dropped to a five seed. By mid January they had dropped to a six seed. Going into the SEC tourney they were still a six seed.

They did make it to #1 in the RPI last year—just a few games into the season.

I was just going by what was in our basketball thread last December. I don’t follow the brackets myself. I guess between 12/6/21 and 12/20/21 they moved to a #2 and #1 seed based on the posts and tweets from last year’s thread.

5F8F89A1-FE49-4BC7-A553-F1868FF82DA7.png

I was just going by what was in our basketball thread last December. I don’t follow the brackets myself. I guess between 12/6/21 and 12/20/21 they moved to a #2 and #1 seed based on the posts and tweets from last year’s thread.
You're also going by one bracket when there were almost 30 published in December.

If you'll notice, when I've posted bracket projections you'll see I'm mentioning both the number of brackets, and the average of where the team is.

Screenshot 2022-12-31 12.29.23 PM.png

I looked just to make sure I was right. I'm glad I did, I was going to say Furman off the top of my head.

Bama had just beaten 'Zaga first week of December. A week later they beat Houston—the Cougars were ranked about 10 spots lower than Bama at that time: #14.

The Tide followed that game with a loss to unranked Memphis. A week later lost to unranked Davidson in Birmingham.

On an unrelated note, I'm watching Kentucky vs a two win Louisville right now. They're up by 10 in the first half (six min to go) and they don't look sharp, at all.

@Rolltide24

35 published as of today.
8 of the 35 have Bama as a #3 seed.
They're no higher than #2, no lower than #3.

Understood. I was just showing that at least 2 brackets had Bama as a 1 or 2. That’s the only ones I saw at that point because They are in that thread. So I’d say we were a 1 or 2 projected seed at least by 2 brackets. Not trying to argue, but backing the point that we were projected that high in December last year.

Understood. I was just showing that at least 2 brackets had Bama as a 1 or 2. That’s the only ones I saw at that point because They are in that thread. So I’d say we were a 1 or 2 projected seed at least by 2 brackets. Not trying to argue, but backing the point that we were projected that high in December last year.
Oh, I get it: it's a lot like what's happening with Virginia right now. One bracket has them as a #1 seed today and another has them as low as a #6 seed (BM has them as a 3.) The Delphi ranking was an outlier last season which is one of the reasons I'm a fan of Bracket Matrix. Over the last several years they've been as accurate as any because they're using the averages.

I find Lunardi, Palm, and a few others worth following because they can give us a feel of where the Tide will be playing.

I find it especially interesting this season with Birmingham hosting the first two rounds.

Oh, I get it: it's a lot like what's happening with Virginia right now. One bracket has them as a #1 seed today and another has them as low as a #6 seed (BM has them as a 3.) The Delphi ranking was an outlier last season which is one of the reasons I'm a fan of Bracket Matrix. Over the last several years they've been as accurate as any because they're using the averages.

I find Lunardi, Palm, and a few others worth following because they can give us a feel of where the Tide will be playing.

I find it especially interesting this season with Birmingham hosting the first two rounds.
Makes sense to me. Even Palm had us as a #1 in mid December last year. His a screen shot and the link to his early bracket. There were some with high projections for us, but then we went to Memphis and things started a downward turn.

F9464BA5-F5E5-44EE-951F-F0C657163AD1.png

I am not negative by nature. Very positive person for those that know me. When it comes to sports, I do not notch wins until the game is played same for the season. Seems more reasonable than negative.

You are the biggest Debbie Downer on this board that is a fact.

Makes sense to me. Even Palm had us as a #1 in mid December last year. His a screen shot and the link to his early bracket. There were some with high projections for us, but then we went to Memphis and things started a downward turn.
I can see Jerry Palm, being on CBS, and his projections getting people worked up. Here's what's crazy about that.

Over the last five years his brackets are ranked 125th out of 148 in accuracy measures.

Back
Top Bottom