Mugshots

Wait? They closed New Orleans Food and Spirits to open a Mugshots? And here I was thinking Vestavia was prestigious. They might as well close that Publix and re-open up the old Piggly Wiggly.

They still think a lot of themselves. There is a Food World in Vestavia which was closed down about five years ago and has been vacant ever since. The Jimmy Hale Mission, a Birmingham area shelter for men that has been around about sixty years, wanted to oen a thrift store there. JH was going to set it up so that there would not be donations left lying around to make the area an eyesore, and was going to give Vestavia 3% of the profits, even though as a non profit they are tax exempt. Vestavia turned them down.

They still think a lot of themselves. There is a Food World in Vestavia which was closed down about five years ago and has been vacant ever since. The Jimmy Hale Mission, a Birmingham area shelter for men that has been around about sixty years, wanted to oen a thrift store there. JH was going to set it up so that there would not be donations left lying around to make the area an eyesore, and was going to give Vestavia 3% of the profits, even though as a non profit they are tax exempt. Vestavia turned them down.

You don't have to tell me. I've watched Vestavia parents throw a huge trophy in the trash in front of their kids after little league championships because they were the 2nd place trophies. An that was in the '80's. No telling how bad it has gotten now... those folks have awlays thought they were more prestigious than they actually were/are (and I'm saying that as a person who lived there for years).

Porter, I agree entirely. I have admired their football coach, Buddy Anderson, for a long time though. Even when we had the better team (maybe 1/3 of the time) he found ways to kick my beloved Pelham Panthers all over the field.

Back
Top Bottom