| LIFE How was your 2023?

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
I didn't start off very well, I had Same Day Surgery to remove my gallbladder, but had to stay overnight because a problem I had. That was in January. It took almost a month to get the drain and staple out. That was in January and February . It took almost a month to get the drain and staple out. September and October maybe the worst two month. My wife's youngest brother passes away with 4 stag cancel. Then two weeks later her youngest sister passes away while she was staying at her older sister. She had and heart attach in her sleep. She was leaving the next to go home in Maryland. Then another two weeks our daughter had and heart attach. She had three stents put in. In November, she called us telling us our grandson was arrested. We have to pay his bail.

So how was your 2023 year?

Overall, I can say blessed. Just like any person or family we had our trials. My daughter in law fighting her battle with chemo, double mastectomy, radiation, another round of chemo (runs through April) and an unexpected surgery yesterday, it has been good. Her outlook and determination has been an inspiration.

My parents are still living, dad is 91, mom is 89 and they have been married 70 years this past September is wonderful. I had the opportunity to go to Bama and bring them back to Ohio for Christmas. We made a stop in Mt. Juliet, Tn. on the way back to have Christmas with our youngest son, daughter in law and our sweet grand daughter.

Two boys that are married with wonderful wives and 3 GRANDkids, (K, K and E) Yep, in a word I can say blessed.

Overall, I can say blessed. Just like any person or family we had our trials. My daughter in law fighting her battle with chemo, double mastectomy, radiation, another round of chemo (runs through April) and an unexpected surgery yesterday, it has been good. Her outlook and determination has been an inspiration.

My parents are still living, dad is 91, mom is 89 and they have been married 70 years this past September is wonderful. I had the opportunity to go to Bama and bring them back to Ohio for Christmas. We made a stop in Mt. Juliet, Tn. on the way back to have Christmas with our youngest son, daughter in law and our sweet grand daughter.

Two boys that are married with wonderful wives and 3 GRANDkids, (K, K and E) Yep, in a word I can say blessed.
Just keep your Dad off the roof.

Became a catechumen in the Orthodox Church. Then a couple of weeks before baptism, I get told that I have lymphoma. Baptized the day before Fathers Day. Was told by Dr that I have many years as it’s a very slow growing cancer.
Two days after Christmas the Dr tells me that he is surprised and I will need chemo within a year at the latest but sooner is better.
I still think that my year has been very blessed.
My Patron Saint said, “Thank God for all of your trials and tribulations as your salvation is found in them.”

All of the people on here are included in my prayers as a group. I hope your 2024 exceeds your hopes.

2023- Twists, manipulation, lying, deceiving, cheating, etc.

End of 2022, my dad died, and then then we had to deal with my mom's niece who moved in with mom when nobody asked her to. we had to deal with her drug use, lying, trying to get her to step up to the plate of her children that mom had custody of...

2023- A child been to mental hospital 2 times... tried to attack me with knife, and at time I think she was possessed by evil by her voice some time. It was constantly World war 3 in that house with mom and the girls.... Mom suffered a stroke because of a child bullying her. Mom died December 2nd. Mother of the kids threatened to take me to court, when she's in fact is addicted to crack and meth.... day after funeral she asked around about whether mom left a will for her ....

Wife almost left me. My side piece almost left me.

So here's to 2024... :)

My 2023 was great. Was my best year professionally, my kids and the rest of my family is healthy, and started dating. 2024 is going to even better.
When you can work on your uncles ranch, while studying for ... don't know ... your kids are off on their own and your just looking at education? Yeah. pretty cool year.

Back
Top Bottom