| PRO ⚾️ MLB Clubhouse Thread...

Really surprised The D-Backs have caused the Philly's to pump the brakes. Love it, dont have a lot of love for anything in Philadelphia, makes it tough to pull for the Eagles with all the Bama players.

Nobody cares at this point but me, but it's the Diamondbacks v. Rangers in the World Series....

I'm happy.
I’m just glad the Phils got beat. They were world beaters against the Braves, then fizzled out against the D-Backs. Harper was 0-7 in the last 2 games. Their top 3 hitters were 1-20 in the past 2 games. Some of it was pitching, no doubt. But they clearly didn’t have the fire and focus at the plate the last few games. Good to see some fresh blood in the Series this year.

I’m just glad the Phils got beat. They were world beaters against the Braves, then fizzled out against the D-Backs. Harper was 0-7 in the last 2 games. Their top 3 hitters were 1-20 in the past 2 games. Some of it was pitching, no doubt. But they clearly didn’t have the fire and focus at the plate the last few games. Good to see some fresh blood in the Series this year.

A couple of things I think Arizona had going for them… zero pressure on them. And half of them are so young, I think they are just having fun without really understanding how big a moment this is. This team is built to make some runs over the next few years, but a WS is never guaranteed… to get there right when the window opens for them? Kinda shocking. But they just haven’t been intimidated by the moment or the opponent, yet.

Another is, unlike the Braves, the D’Backs had some arms on the front and backend that the Phillies lineup hadn’t seen much at all. A scouting report is great, but those hitters often times have to get in the box and make their adjustments. Arizona matched up well with them there, especially with Pfaadt and some guys on the back end.

Lastly, IMO, managing in the regular season is a little overrated on the day-to-day level. But, making decisions throughout the year to keep guys fresh, either younger players, or guys who tend to get hurt often, is really important and can pay off big in October. Arizona has the perfect manager for their organization in Lovullo. Just 2 years ago, some fans were trying to run him and the GM, Hazen, out of town because the fans were too impatient or too dense to understand the rebuild on a small market budget. Those folks were dumb then, and dumb now.

I thought about you when I saw the final score.

Looked at WS tickets last night. The killer is the airline tickets. Kicking myself for not booking airline tickets weeks ago just in case, but I didn’t think they’d make it this far, this season. Considered even driving to TX for a game, but I don’t care to drive that far. Would be miserable, especially on the way back. Hate driving anything more than 4 hours.

Looked at WS tickets last night. The killer is the airline tickets. Kicking myself for not booking airline tickets weeks ago just in case, but I didn’t think they’d make it this far, this season. Considered even driving to TX for a game, but I don’t care to drive that far. Would be miserable, especially on the way back. Hate driving anything more than 4 hours.
Just like driving back to SC after a Saturday game in Tuscaloosa.

I saw earlier today the 'Backs were +14000 to open the season: +4000 opening the playoffs ... for a WS place.

What are the ticket prices looking like?

I saw earlier today the 'Backs were +14000 to open the season: +4000 opening the playoffs ... for a WS place.

Haven't looked today, but last night only a few were left in AZ... they started at 600.00 which isn't too bad, the killer was the flights. Flip side, flights to Dallas were much cheaper, but the game tickets were already much higher on the secondary market (demand there will be higher). There was the option of flying Frontier straight to PHX and back for CHEAP... but I'd climb onto a coal car and ride the rails before I played travel roulette with them...

For a base line, Braves World Series tickets would have been $600 each for season ticket holders in our Section of 233.

Back
Top Bottom