| PRO ⚾️ MLB Clubhouse Thread...

One of their farm leagues is from Hickory NC. Called Hickey Crawdads. I have a friend that use to work for them! He has sent me A couple of hats and a shirt!
Sweet! I enjoy watching minor league baseball. When I lived in Nashville from 79-84, the Sounds were the double A team for the Yankees. I got to see a lot of future major leaguers come to old Greer Stadium and play.

ESPECIALLY when Bill Murray is there.
Reminds me...

So there I was at a RiverDogs baseball game, it is the 7th inning, and I’m feeling pretty good from the cold beer in the summer sun, doing my usual taunts and trash talking when some guy a couple rows up yells at me to shut up. I think to myself, “I paid my money and this isn’t golf ; so I’m gonna’ yell what I want, as loud as I want”.

After another RiverDogs home run, I go nuts screaming at the other team about how much they suck and, like a wild pitch, a half eaten (fully loaded) hot dog hits me right square in the back of the head.

As I slowly turn around to see who’s going to get my empty Miller Lite can, I see Bill Fucking Murray standing alone. As I zero in on his face, trying to be pissed off at one of the funniest men I watched growing up, he mouths the words “No one will ever believe you“.

Reminds me...

So there I was at a RiverDogs baseball game, it is the 7th inning, and I’m feeling pretty good from the cold beer in the summer sun, doing my usual taunts and trash talking when some guy a couple rows up yells at me to shut up. I think to myself, “I paid my money and this isn’t golf ; so I’m gonna’ yell what I want, as loud as I want”.

After another RiverDogs home run, I go nuts screaming at the other team about how much they suck and, like a wild pitch, a half eaten (fully loaded) hot dog hits me right square in the back of the head.

As I slowly turn around to see who’s going to get my empty Miller Lite can, I see Bill Fucking Murray standing alone. As I zero in on his face, trying to be pissed off at one of the funniest men I watched growing up, he mouths the words “No one will ever believe you“.
I've heard stories of him doing that. He'll grab a fry off someone's plate, eat it, say that, and walk away. Awesome.

I've heard stories of him doing that. He'll grab a fry off someone's plate, eat it, say that, and walk away. Awesome.
I don't know how many times I've seen him cutting up with fans. A half of a dozen or so times I've sat in the vicinity of where he was sitting; entertaining evenings. He's just "icing on the cake." A cold brew with the breeze coming off the harbor in the evenings...just a great baseball scene.

The Big Unit’s first pitch tonight was a little bit of a let down. We were hoping he’d use the mound and actually bring some heat. Probably the pitcher outside of the Braves teams that I liked to watch the most.

The Big Unit’s first pitch tonight was a little bit of a let down. We were hoping he’d use the mound and actually bring some heat. Probably the pitcher outside of the Braves teams that I liked to watch the most.

I’d imagine he didn’t want to disturb the mound, even for a 1st pitch. But yeah, he was a lot of fun to watch. One of the most intense competitors I’ve ever seen in sports.

Back
Top Bottom