| PRO ⚾️ MLB Clubhouse Thread...

Phillies got some pop, but the Braves were flat all series long offensively. Strider couldn't do it all. One damn run in support. Your Diamondbacks are hot right now and have a good shot, but the Phillies can rake, so it should be good.

I had the Phillies in the WS at the start of the playoffs, so I'll stick with that. Would love to see AZ stay hot, but not sure how much longer they will... they are very streaky.

Another year another Braves choke job. They play so good in the season, but so bad in the post season. Bad pitching, reliance on homers, no small ball. It catches up with you in the post season. Plus the Phillies own the Braves. Oh well.

Another year another Braves choke job. They play so good in the season, but so bad in the post season. Bad pitching, reliance on homers, no small ball. It catches up with you in the post season. Plus the Phillies own the Braves. Oh well.

The frustrating part was Snitker's first game bullcrap lineup. He attempted to play "Manager" in that game and we got beat at home with our Ace on the mound. Strider let in a few runs due to a walk and his own error, but the guy got one run of support in two games. That is freaking terrible from a guy that should win MVP, two others that hit over 30 homeruns, and the bottom of the lineup that was non-existent. We took the Phillies 8-5 in the regular season and pretty much owned them (7-3) until that last series where we clearly were coasting into the Playoffs. I think that is our problem is he (Snitker) allowed the team to coast. You simply cannot do that after seeing how we are dominant when we play ball. I see it as, we played our butts off all year long, and then coasted the last two weeks of the season and played liked crap in the Playoffs. Was it worth all that hard work only to give up in the end instead of battling for two more weeks and moving on? You don't want to be cold going into March Madness. Same thing applies here. Pisses me off because it happened a second year in a row and feeds that entire Atlanta letdown narrative that has haunted me most of my life.

Supposedly the Braves took a different approach this year. During the bye week they played simulated games, in order to keep themselves sharp. I guess it didn't help. The most disappointing thing to me is Acuna. MVP of the NL, first 70-40 guy in history, one of the greatest players of all time, etc, etc, and he disappeared in the playoffs. The guy was a monster in the regular season, and a mouse in the playoffs.

Watched 1/2 inning all year and it was last night. Score was 3-1 Phillies in the top of the 7th I believe. Braves got bases loaded, pass ball and the guy on 3rd was not agressive to home. That looked like a team that was not playing confident and agressive. Since I have not watched them maybe the runner on 3rd didn't have the wheels to go home.. Anyway then long flyball out for the 3rd out. Seemed to signal the end.

Supposedly the Braves took a different approach this year. During the bye week they played simulated games, in order to keep themselves sharp. I guess it didn't help. The most disappointing thing to me is Acuna. MVP of the NL, first 70-40 guy in history, one of the greatest players of all time, etc, etc, and he disappeared in the playoffs. The guy was a monster in the regular season, and a mouse in the playoffs.
For real. And don’t forget Olson. And Ozuna. Those guys checked out after game 162.

Watched 1/2 inning all year and it was last night. Score was 3-1 Phillies in the top of the 7th I believe. Braves got bases loaded, pass ball and the guy on 3rd was not agressive to home. That looked like a team that was not playing confident and agressive. Since I have not watched them maybe the runner on 3rd didn't have the wheels to go home.. Anyway then long flyball out for the 3rd out. Seemed to signal the end.

Yep, a one run game with that ninth inning changes it all.

Remember this vividly. I was 11 and a huge Giants fan at the time (I had dumped the Braves and converted to a Giants fan in 1986 after going to a game in SF). I had a homemade scorebook that I was using during the NLCS and WS that year to follow along because I was such a baseball nerd. Of course the Giants went on to get swept… But, the NLCS was fun at least.

Remember this vividly. I was 11 and a huge Giants fan at the time (I had dumped the Braves and converted to a Giants fan in 1986 after going to a game in SF). I had a homemade scorebook that I was using during the NLCS and WS that year to follow along because I was such a baseball nerd. Of course the Giants went on to get swept… But, the NLCS was fun at least.

i was watching in my dorm room in Paty Hall.

I remember watching when that earthquake hit also. Then we stayed glued to the tv all night.

Phillies are locked in this postseason. I don’t see anyone stopping them. Their bats are on fire. Harper is a man on a mission, so is Schwarber.

They got hot at the right time... Rangers are too... I think it would be a pretty good series if Rangers can close it out, but hard to imagine this Phillies train getting stopped at this point...

Back
Top Bottom