| FTBL 2024. The new era

1. I like the staff so far. Younger and hungry.
2. I hate the player turnover. The NCAA really needs to change how things are done.
3. I have no idea on where we will finish in recruiting.
4. I think we will improve the team through the portal after the Spring game.
5. I think we will make the playoffs, but we have a TOUGH schedule in 2024.
6. I truly think DeBoer will return us to prominence, but it would be unfair to use Coach Saban as our measuring stick.
7. Roll Tide regardless!!!

1. I like the staff so far. Younger and hungry.
2. I hate the player turnover. The NCAA really needs to change how things are done.
3. I have no idea on where we will finish in recruiting.
4. I think we will improve the team through the portal after the Spring game.
5. I think we will make the playoffs, but we have a TOUGH schedule in 2024.
6. I truly think DeBoer will return us to prominence, but it would be unfair to use Coach Saban as our measuring stick.
7. Roll Tide regardless!!!

The English teacher in me is getting out the red pen here. Re: #6, Bama hasn't fallen from prominence. Perhaps DeBoer will keep Bama there. You are right, however, it is completely unfair to compare any current coach to Coach Saban, including that guy in Athens, Georgia.

1. The staff is awesome.
2. We lost some good players, but we want dudes that want to be there and not only the money.
3. I fully believe recruiting we’re going to be great, could be some drop off from Saban, but I don’t believe so
4. Spring portal we’ll get a fair share of the good ones
5. I‘ve said before we’ll make the playoff and I believe going in we’ll be in the top 10 if not the top 5
6. I love CKB’s moxie, he wasn’t afraid to follow the GOAT and has pretty much said that he’s built for this

He needs time to work on the transfer portal and get some players into the program. We have had several declare early for the draft and have lost quite a few in transfers. He needs time to go through a spring with the team and possibly the summer as well. IMO, he will do aight if he can stand the pressure of being at AL A BAM A and the expectations that go with this high pressure job. He is coming in to T'town replacing a legend and that's a tall task for anybody. Bring that question(s) back to the board a little later please.

He needs time to work on the transfer portal and get some players into the program. We have had several declare early for the draft and have lost quite a few in transfers. He needs time to go through a spring with the team and possibly the summer as well. IMO, he will do aight if he can stand the pressure of being at AL A BAM A and the expectations that go with this high pressure job. He is coming in to T'town replacing a legend and that's a tall task for anybody. Bring that question(s) back to the board a little later please.
😂 I probably should have waited but pretty much everyone here is about football 365 days a year. This season more than it's been since Nick arrived

😂 I probably should have waited but pretty much everyone here is about football 365 days a year. This season more than it's been since Nick arrived
I can't wait till the spring game is here! I wasn't this excited went Coach Saban come in. How many can say that you watch not one but two great coaches at Bama!

The English teacher in me is getting out the red pen here. Re: #6, Bama hasn't fallen from prominence. Perhaps DeBoer will keep Bama there. You are right, however, it is completely unfair to compare any current coach to Coach Saban, including that guy in Athens, Georgia.
Yeah, I coulda worded it better. Get your red pen out.

We all have opinions but I am going to give the man a chance and some time. 🙂
Oh don't get me wrong. I was very happy with the DeBoer as well as the coaching staff he is putting together. He's been willing to get out on social media, Finebaum show, ect. It seems like his staff is hitting the recruiting trail hard. He's embraced Alabama's history. For myself, there is nothing but praise for what he's done and is doing

Interesting thoughts. Although I think he overstates Bama fan expectations. I actually think more fans realize and appreciate Saban’s unique tenure and how it won’t ever be duplicated, particularly in the new era of NIL and portal transfers. I do think we need to at least make it to the Natty (not necessarily win it) within BeBoer’s first 3 years to overcome the public perception (as true as it may be) that Saban was bigger than Bama. The more that sits out there, the harder it will be for DeBoer.

Interesting thoughts. Although I think he overstates Bama fan expectations. I actually think more fans realize and appreciate Saban’s unique tenure and how it won’t ever be duplicated, particularly in the new era of NIL and portal transfers. I do think we need to at least make it to the Natty (not necessarily win it) within BeBoer’s first 3 years to overcome the public perception (as true as it may be) that Saban was bigger than Bama. The more that sits out there, the harder it will be for DeBoer.

If Deboer can’t coach this team to a winning record with the players and staff we have… no one can.. Brian Kelly and Sark are no diffeeent..

Clay Travis is an idiot.

He’s not overstating fans expectations not even a little.

This is the same fan base that still talks about what Bear did or didn’t do, so I don’t expect the same fan base to realize how unique Saban’s tenure was

Clay Travis is an unserious person, has been his entire life, but he's found a way to somehow pull a ruse, take a page from Finebaum, and make a good living by giving shitty sports takes while also conducting a grift train on the political side. Dude shits on DeBoer and in the same breath said Bama should have hired Kiffin? I guess it makes sense. Winners like winners. Losers like losers. And, Clay really likes to double down on people who lose at the highest levels. Keep that in mind when he backs someone. For anything.

Back
Top Bottom