| FTBL Leave JP Alone!

Bishop

Verified Member
OK I know JP is not a very good QB. He's barely 50% on completion and it takes him forever to find an open man, but guys come on. He's the best we've got right now. That's why he's first string. CMA and CNS put him @ 1st string for a reason and I think they know what they are doing. Plus, he's still a junior and has another year to grow, mature, and improve. We saw @ A-Day that McElroy can't do any better than JP's doing. So guys, leave him alone, and let him do his job. Let's have some faith in our QB for a change. That's our job as fans. To support our team no matter what. All this ragging on JP is not going to help any so why don't we sing a new song for a little while.

Bishop said:
OK I know JP is not a very good QB. He's barely 50% on completion and it takes him forever to find an open man, but guys come on. He's the best we've got right now. That's why he's first string. CMA and CNS put him @ 1st string for a reason and I think they know what they are doing. Plus, he's still a junior and has another year to grow, mature, and improve. We saw @ A-Day that McElroy can't do any better than JP's doing. So guys, leave him alone, and let him do his job. Let's have some faith in our QB for a change. That's our job as fans. To support our team no matter what. All this ragging on JP is not going to help any so why don't we sing a new song for a little while.

Bishop, I actually thought you were getting ready to spoof the "Leave Britney Alone" video.

Don't let what is being said about JPW bother you. I'm sure JPW is more concerned right now with ULM than with what is being posted on the Bama message boards.

Don't worry about it. JPW will find his way through the difficult times just like Leigh Tiffin has. Hang in there!

RTR!

Holding onto the ball too long would be the bad decision part.. :D

I think that is what makes me so mad about the MSU game.. You end the game by taking a sack? For the love, THROW IT AWAY!!

Where would we be ranked right now if we had good consistant QB play? I think of three key plays (FSU fumble, MSU INT in endzone, and LSU fumble) that have completely chamged our season (not to mention the wid eopen receivers vs UGA in OT. I don't see how 2008 can be that much better with the same ingredients. My $.02.

Rolltide24 said:
Where would we be ranked right now if we had good consistant QB play? I think of three key plays (FSU fumble, MSU INT in endzone, and LSU fumble) that have completely chamged our season (not to mention the wid eopen receivers vs UGA in OT. I don't see how 2008 can be that much better with the same ingredients. My $.02.

I usually don't put much stock into one player, but I tend to agree when that player is the QB. :?

Rolltide24 said:
I don't see how 2008 can be that much better with the same ingredients. My $.02.

Are you saying that players cannot get better from one season to the next? Becoming a senior with another year of experience behind you(good or bad) can't or won't help a players develpoment? Coaches can't help develope a player after their first year together?
One year of experience by the staff and team to gell won't make any difference?
Sorry but I don't buy it. It's called seasoned. It happens all the time. This the first year theses things take time.

kudzu said:
Rolltide24 said:
I don't see how 2008 can be that much better with the same ingredients. My $.02.

Are you saying that players cannot get better from one season to the next? Becoming a senior with another year of experience behind you(good or bad) can't or won't help a players develpoment? Coaches can't help develope a player after their first year together?
Sorry but I don't buy it. It's called seasoned. It happens all the time. This the first year theses things take time.

kudzu, the only reason I made the comment I did about JPW has to do with the basics. When it comes to JPW's footwork, not reading 2nd and 3rd receivers, not protecting the football, etc... I have seen little improvement in his 1st year to now. In my small football mind I don't think this has to do with learning a new system.

For whatever reason JP can't seem to push through those above issues. Even if you look at the UT game you'll notice it was mostly JP and DJ. For whatever reason UT was one of the few teams not to double team DJ. That was obviously really stupid. When teams double up DJ JPW struggles.

I love this team, and I would love nothing more than for JPW to have a huge day tomorrow and a banner day vs. Auburn. Forgive me, but I'm just a little low on my JPW faith right now. :(

kudzu said:
Rolltide24 said:

I didn't see him say any of that? It's a shame you can't form your on opinion without someone telling you, "You're not a bama fan" if you have something to say about a player in any way! Yet, many have sight their sights a blaze on the offense line. Law'd if you say anything about JPW, unless it's pertaining to him walking on water. :wink: My $.02.

Re: just hold the ball

It Takes Eleven said:
BearBryant said:
Line play has nothing to do with holding on to the football :!:

Generally, I agree, but if a back is getting hit before getting the opportunity to secure the ball, or a QB is getting blindsided in a pass attempt, it would.

RTR,

Tim
once the center snaps the ball, the duty of securing the ball falls on QB. i don't recall any botched snaps.

BearBryant said:
It Takes Eleven said:
BearBryant said:

Generally, I agree, but if a back is getting hit before getting the opportunity to secure the ball, or a QB is getting blindsided in a pass attempt, it would.

RTR,

Tim
once the center snaps the ball, the duty of securing the ball falls on QB. i don't recall any botched snaps.

You weren't talking "duty" until now. You said "line play has nothing to do with holding on to the football."

Duty aside, there are circumstances where line play has much to do with fumbling.

It Takes Eleven said:
BearBryant said:
It Takes Eleven said:
BearBryant said:

RTR,

Tim

You weren't talking "duty" until now. You said "line play has nothing to do with holding on to the football."

Duty aside, there are circumstances where line play has much to do with fumbling.

Very much...

BamaDelta said:
kudzu said:
Rolltide24 said:

kudzu, the only reason I made the comment I did about JPW has to do with the basics. When it comes to JPW's footwork, not reading 2nd and 3rd receivers, not protecting the football, etc... I have seen little improvement in his 1st year to now. In my small football mind I don't think this has to do with learning a new system.

For whatever reason JP can't seem to push through those above issues. Even if you look at the UT game you'll notice it was mostly JP and DJ. For whatever reason UT was one of the few teams not to double team DJ. That was obviously really stupid. When teams double up DJ JPW struggles.

I love this team, and I would love nothing more than for JPW to have a huge day tomorrow and a banner day vs. Auburn. Forgive me, but I'm just a little low on my JPW faith right now. :(

Well put. JPW has hit his potential ceiling. I wish they would toss GM in the mix. He has a much stronger arm from what I have seen.

Optimus said:
kudzu said:
Rolltide24 said:

I didn't see him say any of that? It's a shame you can't form your on opinion without someone telling you, "You're not a bama fan" if you have something to say about a player in any way! Yet, many have sight their sights a blaze on the offense line. Law'd if you say anything about JPW, unless it's pertaining to him walking on water. :wink: My $.02.

I was responding to the comment about not getting any better with the same ingredients. I dissagree.
I never said anything about anyone not being a Bama fan. I never mentioned the O'line.If you'll read my comments I was asking questions that's why there are question marks behind the ''questions''. Everyone agrees JPW has had a tough time most of the year. I was focused on The opinion of JPW not getting better by next year which I did not agree with.I believe he will. That was my opinion. JPW has taken a lot of heat on this site. Some of it was warranted. Noone knows if he'll get all his mechanics fixed,throwing off his back foot,telecasting to one reciever and not making checks, but those things are correctable with time. If it were things like not being talented enough or not able to understand the play book,not athletically gifted to preform the job I would agree. But to make a statement that it won't happen or since it hasn't yet is something I don't agree with.
I don't see anyone deprived of having the opprtunity to form an opinion on this site.

Back
Top Bottom