| FTBL Lane Kiffin, Hugh Freeze, and the Auburn coaching search.

Some reports out there tonight that Kiffin has pulled the rug out from under auburn... If so, keep an eye on Freeze. The boosters will try and make their move if Cohen failed at his.... Best case scenario there? Cohen and the admin side flex on them, piss them off, don't agree to hire him and they end up with Grimes or Franklin or some such.

This is feeling an awful lot like the comedy that unfolded about 5 years ago when Texas was allegedly recruiting Saban with an open checkbook.

The rumor got that whole fan base's emotions to a fever pitch, only to be squashed. It was glorious.

Gold.

This is the sequel to that. I'm glad I'm not dating that A*burn chick anymore. All I'd hear from her is "Kiffin this, Kiffin that". If we hadn't already broken things off over the summer, me laughing my ass off at her would've ended it, for sure.

Some reports out there tonight that Kiffin has pulled the rug out from under auburn... If so, keep an eye on Freeze. The boosters will try and make their move if Cohen failed at his.... Best case scenario there? Cohen and the admin side flex on them, piss them off, don't agree to hire him and they end up with Grimes or Franklin or some such.
It is my understanding Kiffin was offered Thursday night.

I've also heard Freeze has said, more than once, he's not interested.

I don't know if you've heard this. A few weeks ago I mentioned that Grimes had been "surreptitiously" contacting high school coaches about this year's class. (In parenthesis because, well, it's known.) He thinks it's his job which tells me someone in their administration (or from the PTB) have convinced him he's the guy.

IN the "A&M" episode of Scooby Doo, "those meddling boosters."

I understand there's a faction of A&M boosters who were one, after Jimbo's seat and two, in Kiffin's ear. I don't expect A&M to fire Jimbo this season. I put the O/U at four on the number of coaches we see Jimbo fire; and fire fairly soon.

On that note, if Jimbo's 2023 season is anything like '22, look for A&M to make a run at Kiffin. That, compared to this Auburn fantasy, already has its foundation in place.

IN the "A&M" episode of Scooby Doo, "those meddling boosters."

I understand there's a faction of A&M boosters who were one, after Jimbo's seat and two, in Kiffin's ear. I don't expect A&M to fire Jimbo this season. I put the O/U at four on the number of coaches we see Jimbo fire; and fire fairly soon.

On that note, if Jimbo's 2023 season is anything like '22, look for A&M to make a run at Kiffin. That, compared to this Auburn fantasy, already has its foundation in place.
That makes a lot of sense on A&Ms part...to much money invested to be bottomof SECw..but that buyout....damn

I've also heard Freeze has said, more than once, he's not interested.

I don't know if you've heard this. A few weeks ago I mentioned that Grimes had been "surreptitiously" contacting high school coaches about this year's class. (In parenthesis because, well, it's known.) He thinks it's his job which tells me someone in their administration (or from the PTB) have convinced him he's the guy.

According to some agents, Kiffin was indeed offered this week and had even agreed in principle. Sexton was (still is?) getting all the little details finalized. I'm still not certain that Kiffin has fully backed out... mostly because of who all is reporting it right now, and who isn't.

On Freeze, the same people say he absolutely wants it and has some heavy backers at auburn, but also some heavy detractors including on the University side. If they go that route, a classic auburn power struggle likely ensues. He does seem to at least have the backing of most fans which certainly helps the "let's hire him!" side. Personally, I hope they look elsewhere or a deal falls through.

The best value bet has always been Grimes. Hope it still happens. Earlier this season when things really started to unravel, there was a push to try and line him up as HC with Muschamp as DC by some boosters.

According to some agents, Kiffin was indeed offered this week and had even agreed in principle. Sexton was (still is?) getting all the little details finalized. I'm still not certain that Kiffin has fully backed out... mostly because of who all is reporting it right now, and who isn't.

On Freeze, the same people say he absolutely wants it and has some heavy backers at auburn, but also some heavy detractors including on the University side. If they go that route, a classic auburn power struggle likely ensues. He does seem to at least have the backing of most fans which certainly helps the "let's hire him!" side. Personally, I hope they look elsewhere or a deal falls through.

The best value bet has always been Grimes. Hope it still happens. Earlier this season when things really started to unravel, there was a push to try and line him up as HC with Muschamp as DC by some boosters.
Great. Freeze. Really? Dont see sny genius there. Kiffin... hot n cold But offensively. Awesome

Grimes. Really know little

Back
Top Bottom