| FTBL Lane Kiffin, Hugh Freeze, and the Auburn coaching search.

You ain't lying.

A much bigger problem than Bill O'Brien or Pete Golding, yet its just being ignored...

Wanna see hot co-eds....take a trip to Starkvagas....
I haven’t been to a ole ms game in awhile...but have to msu...
As my brother said..."damn"

They are smart enough to recruit their own area. Ole Miss does have them beat, in that area at least.

OK, so is it Lane, Hugh, or another? Does the barn pursue someone they can control, Grimes etc?

As always, different factions want different people. The most support, especially when fans are factored in, is for Kiffin. Cohen wants to land him. A lot of the money guys want Freeze (who the University side is iffy of) and Grimes. The president likes Fickell (and supposedly Aranda). Just like when Harsin was hired, I think James Franklin is a wild card... probably a very wild one, but still.

The money guys are promising they will keep hands off, but they've done that before. Actions speak louder than words, so watch what they do if they can't land Kiffin... that will erode some of Cohen's power. They have a good amount of money saved up for NIL and ready to spend it, but a good portion of the money is "promised" not already donated. If this search starts to circle the drain, some will threaten to pull their funds... and that's how they'll get their power back. At the end of the day, regardless who is hired, the main issue booster boys are going to do what they do and cause headaches for the coach... especially for a guy like Kiffin.

As always, different factions want different people. The most support, especially when fans are factored in, is for Kiffin. Cohen wants to land him. A lot of the money guys want Freeze (who the University side is iffy of) and Grimes. The president likes Fickell (and supposedly Aranda). Just like when Harsin was hired, I think James Franklin is a wild card... probably a very wild one, but still.

The money guys are promising they will keep hands off, but they've done that before. Actions speak louder than words, so watch what they do if they can't land Kiffin... that will erode some of Cohen's power. They have a good amount of money saved up for NIL and ready to spend it, but a good portion of the money is "promised" not already donated. If this search starts to circle the drain, some will threaten to pull their funds... and that's how they'll get their power back. At the end of the day, regardless who is hired, the main issue booster boys are going to do what they do and cause headaches for the coach... especially for a guy like Kiffin.

But...doesn’t it have to be a splash?.....

Cant see a "wild card".....things are down...they want and need a "wow"...

Kiffin, Freeze, even Aranda are sorta wows ...dont see Leach....or Fickell...or Franklin...i

A much bigger problem than Bill O'Brien or Pete Golding, yet its just being ignored...

They are smart enough to recruit their own area. Ole Miss does have them beat, in that area at least.

I have been saying it for a years now myself. Pretty upsetting. The next thing they need to tackle are the game day outfits. I feel like I'm on Hollywood Boulevard soliciting prostitutes. Cannot believe parents allow their daughters to go out in public looking like that.

But...doesn’t it have to be a splash?.....

Cant see a "wild card".....things are down...they want and need a "wow"...

Kiffin, Freeze, even Aranda are sorta wows ...dont see Leach....or Fickell...or Franklin...i

The only reason they have a chance at any splash is because of the money and most importantly the golden parachute that they can offer. The job is toxic. The NIL pool and the new football facility are certainly helpful, but it's still a poisonous situation because of the power dynamic. It was just this calendar year that their own boosters tried to run the former head coach out of town by spreading rumors of infidelity about him and a staff member simply because they didn't like him (because they couldn't control him) and wanted to avoid the buyout. Coaches talk, agents talk, people know its a job with few positives and some serious negatives. For someone, the money, and the chance to catch championship lightning in a bottle, it'll be worth it.

I have been saying it for a years now myself. Pretty upsetting. The next thing they need to tackle are the game day outfits. I feel like I'm on Hollywood Boulevard soliciting prostitutes. Cannot believe parents allow their daughters to go out in public looking like that.

Yep. And it is trickling down to the HS and middle schools.

Rebel fans are moving to the anger stage...

This is the guy that broke the Cohen hire a few weeks ago, while the auburn beat writers were chasing their tails.

He then posted an article stating that Ole Miss has refuted this claim. And that Auburn has yet to make an offer. We'll see if this turns out to be true, but the guy probably broke this too soon.

Yeah, I'm not sure they could do better, so I'm hoping it doesn't happen. The worm always turns.

I really hope they end up with Grimes or Franklin... would be awesome. IMO, Kiffin would do well for a short time, but his star burns hot and quick before burns fizzles out and he's done. He's also a terrible fit for the "family" style they encourage demand. Freeze is the peanut butter to their jelly though. He's perfect on and off the field in most every way, and I think he's a better overall HC than Kiffin. He doesn't have the universal support though from the folks that matter, so thankfully it appears he's a longshot.

Is Saban looking at houses anywhere? Ha ha, sorry, I had to.

Does Mercedes make tractors? Could be a nice dealership opportunity in Opelika...

Back
Top Bottom