| FTBL Lane Kiffin, Hugh Freeze, and the Auburn coaching search.

Freeze to auburn was the one possible scenario I didn't want to see. He would be their football version of Pearl and cause headaches for Bama, unlike anyone else on their realistic hirable list. I was surprised they didn't get him 2 years ago, but thankfully at the time, Greene went rogue. This time, Cohen is going to have to grin and bear it unless the school president has the balls to stop it for him (and they both saw what happened to Greene, so they are likely going to do as they are told at this point). Cohen struck out with Lanning, and then Kiffin.... the power players aren't letting him choke up for a 3rd swing, they have the bat now.

Wasn’t it Cohen that turned Freeze in to the NCAA?

Well, he was definitely part of the coalition that tried (successfully) to keep him from returning to the SEC since then. Several schools felt burned by what Freeze did at Ole Miss and were vocally pissed about it to Sankey for several years after... Cohen and MSU led that charge.

Got an update tonight and there is a power struggle ensuing in auburn... who would have ever thought it, right? The Booster Boys want Freeze, and they want him now. The AD/academic side is not signing off (at least as of yet) and they're worried about the red flags and blowback they are already getting (and would continue to get) if they hire him. There's also a bit of a social media/email campaign going on right now that is targeted at Freeze and auburn which is doing Freeze and the Booster Boys zero favors. Freeze was not one of Cohen's top choices and he knows if he gives in, his power is forever eroded and he's not even a month into the job yet. But he also knows he needs a coach named quickly now that the season is done so that they can get the staff set up, salvage recruiting, and be ready to jump on guys when the transfer portal opens. I still think Franklin is quietly in play. Grimes has always been in play, and he makes sense in terms that he'd appease the Booster Boys more than any other hire besides Freeze, but Cohen isn't looking to hit a single. Cohen would rather get his boss Aranda (and get both of them), but that doesn't appear to be an option at this point. Contact was made with Fickell, but he didn't express a ton of interest (not surprising). Former Utah/Miss State/Florida assistant and current Eagles coach, Brian Johnson, was interviewed and there is a lot of mutual interest there. If Freeze isn't the hired by Monday, then my money says he won't be and things will start to get real interesting.

There's also a bit of a social media/email campaign going on right now that is targeted at Freeze and auburn which is doing Freeze and the Booster Boys zero favors. F

Some Auburn gals are talking about why he was fired at Old Miss!
There's a girl named Chelsea Andrews who has a suit against Liberty—sexual assault allegations that were covered up. Freeze "jumped into her DM's" on Twitter back in July defending Liberty's AD. Liberty is also currently being investigated by a group from the DOE on covering up sexual assaults.

Andrews tagged Auburn and Cohen in a recent tweet to remind them of those events.

Well, he was definitely part of the coalition that tried (successfully) to keep him from returning to the SEC since then. Several schools felt burned by what Freeze did at Ole Miss and were vocally pissed about it to Sankey for several years after... Cohen and MSU led that charge.

Got an update tonight and there is a power struggle ensuing in auburn... who would have ever thought it, right? The Booster Boys want Freeze, and they want him now. The AD/academic side is not signing off (at least as of yet) and they're worried about the red flags and blowback they are already getting (and would continue to get) if they hire him. There's also a bit of a social media/email campaign going on right now that is targeted at Freeze and auburn which is doing Freeze and the Booster Boys zero favors. Freeze was not one of Cohen's top choices and he knows if he gives in, his power is forever eroded and he's not even a month into the job yet. But he also knows he needs a coach named quickly now that the season is done so that they can get the staff set up, salvage recruiting, and be ready to jump on guys when the transfer portal opens. I still think Franklin is quietly in play. Grimes has always been in play, and he makes sense in terms that he'd appease the Booster Boys more than any other hire besides Freeze, but Cohen isn't looking to hit a single. Cohen would rather get his boss Aranda (and get both of them), but that doesn't appear to be an option at this point. Contact was made with Fickell, but he didn't express a ton of interest (not surprising). Former Utah/Miss State/Florida assistant and current Eagles coach, Brian Johnson, was interviewed and there is a lot of mutual interest there. If Freeze isn't the hired by Monday, then my money says he won't be and things will start to get real interesting.
How about Pete Golding? Do they want to talk to Pete Golding? Please Auburn. Take him.

There's a girl named Chelsea Andrews who has a suit against Liberty—sexual assault allegations that were covered up. Freeze "jumped into her DM's" on Twitter back in July defending Liberty's AD. Liberty is also currently being investigated by a group from the DOE on covering up sexual assaults.

Andrews tagged Auburn and Cohen in a recent tweet to remind them of those events.
OKAY! The (Andrews) was one I also heard about last night. If he is hired at Auburn that will be a lot of bags for them to carry.

I don't disagree with that. I could see that being the issue. Either way. We seem to have lost it and something is amiss among the psyche of our team.
Honestly, we’ve had so much success over the years… continuously, that I think the players just lose their way/focus. It’s got to be a challenge to get the players to understand what it takes to stay on top when they didn’t have to be the ones fighting to get on top.

I really don’t have issues with the DC or OC. Are they the best we’ve had, no. However, I do trust in Saban to know what is best for the program. If that a change in coordinator/s fine. If not, fine. No matter who that OC/DC is… we as fans are going to bitch at some point. We’ve done that with just about every coordinator we’ve had.

Think we are missing the Scott Cochran psyche, “we are going to kick your a$$ and make you like it”. I’m sure our SC program is scientifically sound, but we have lost our swagger. Players coming to UA based on what Bama football can do for them as far as creating (individual) value. Too many guys playing for themselves.

Back
Top Bottom