| FTBL Lane Kiffin, Hugh Freeze, and the Auburn coaching search.

Hearing rumors that he has been offered $56 million for 8 years to go to Auburn. No idea why he would trade the Ole Miss job for the Auburn one for what really is less per year ($7.25 this year at OM with a $100K per year raise on a 4 year contract). State law bars OM from giving him more than 4 years per contract but they could easily nullify his contract each year and replace it with another 4 year one. $56 million divided by 8 years is an average of $7 million a year.

I like Lane. I like Sarkesian better but he won't be back. I would much rather Lane come back than that guy at clemson.

How anyone can watch college football and like Sarkisian better than Kiffin as a head coach is certainly a mystery. The legend of Sark is bigger than Paul Bunyan.

Sark has underperformed this year due to HIS side of the ball. He has elite stent and couldn’t score any points vs a TCU team, in Austin, who the rest of the Big 12 has scored on with good success all year.

Yeah we evaluate all of these OC's w/o considering the players they had when at Bama. Sark had the best WR's and RB combo ever at Bama and that is saying a lot. Kiffin had some pretty good players to work with also.

BoB has not had that quality of players at those positions althoug last years WR group was good before injury. That is why the offense performed pretty well in most games last year.

Yeah we evaluate all of these OC's w/o considering the players they had when at Bama. Sark had the best WR's and RB combo ever at Bama and that is saying a lot. Kiffin had some pretty good players to work with also.

BoB has not had that quality of players at those positions althoug last years WR group was good before injury. That is why the offense performed pretty well in most games last year.
Yep....have to look at talent....
Bama has been so elite at skilled positions....

Last year...were elite ...but injuries....killed us....and coverer for crap coaching...

This year...not as elite ....and coaching and development showed up

You have to look at where college football is going, I think the brash, cocky, head coach is the coach of the future. Of course, they have to be able to actually coach and the way things are going and all offensive minded coach looks to be what you want. As much as I hate to say it, because a decade ago I wouldn’t have believed it, I like Lane

Hearing rumors that he has been offered $56 million for 8 years to go to Auburn. No idea why he would trade the Ole Miss job for the Auburn one for what really is less per year ($7.25 this year at OM with a $100K per year raise on a 4 year contract). State law bars OM from giving him more than 4 years per contract but they could easily nullify his contract each year and replace it with another 4 year one. $56 million divided by 8 years is an average of $7 million a year.
He'd be a fool to take the Auburn job. WAY less problems and pressure at Ole Miss.

Had a Barn fan tell me Kiffin was the main target and the plus for the Barners is he gets under Saban's skin. Pretty pathetic bunch. Another Bama fan who was at the game in the cow pasture said the talk at their tailgates was they would be naming a coach this week. Anyone hearing this?

I still figure it is Freeze. He was preoccupied last week and lost.

Had a Barn fan tell me Kiffin was the main target and the plus for the Barners is he gets under Saban's skin. Pretty pathetic bunch. Another Bama fan who was at the game in the cow pasture said the talk at their tailgates was they would be naming a coach this week. Anyone hearing this?

I still figure it is Freeze. He was preoccupied last week and lost.

They are all in on Kiffin right now and throwing a lot of money, NIL promises, and "promises" for full autonomy his way. They have the money to outbid Ole Miss, they have more NIL funds committed, but I do laugh at the "promises" of full autonomy. That ain't happening. Maybe the other two things (along with a fat buyout) will be enough to satisfy someone like Kiffin when he's told he's got to have a Carnell (or other auburn people) on his staff... but it's also a sign that bigger issues always linger under the surface at auburn. I'll have more thoughts on this when/if he either accepts the job or declines it and parlays the offer into a better contract/NIL situation at Ole Miss. A week ago I would have put him accepting the job at 5%. Today, I'd say it's higher. But this is also how Jimmy Sexton works... he is the master. Other than him and Kiffin, I'd bet only a couple of others, if that, know Lane's true intentions right now. He's a very private guy.

From what I understand, Freeze has his backers from some money guys, but some detractors on the university side. He'd take it in a heartbeat though. There's pros and cons for auburn (and Alabama) on either going there. If they can't land Kiffin, I think they will keep trying for bigger fish, knowing they most likely have Freeze (or Grimes) in their pocket as a fallback.

I know who else likes Kiffin...Jimmy Sexton who's about to get a huge pay day.

This has been a Sexton Special from the beginning. Not saying Kiffin won't bolt, he's unpredictable and emotional... but from the start this was about getting the Ole Miss NIL up to par with the bigger hitters... any extra money in the contract was buttercream icing. He may end up in auburn when it's all settled, but its not a lock and he certainly hasn't already agreed to it as many auburn fans are claiming.

Back
Top Bottom